[24] Squad file for better gameplay available

Thanks for all the hard work. I played a 20 minute legendary match / Spurs vs Bournemouth. It was really fun. The variety you point out felt good and accurate.

Will continue to test.

Curious — will loading this squad affect a current career? Or would I have to start a new one?

Version 1.00 alpha

Download

Changelog
  • Changed the way attributes, workrates and traits are used to generate player styles.
  • Using team traits to change the way teams play against stronger and weaker teams.
  • Reduced possesion style a lot in order to have more freedom in buildup.
  • Less agility to some types of players
  • Less strength to fullbacks, less defensive awareness for midfielder
  • Libertadores teams in Rest of World

Sliders that I use with this file. Legendary, handball: yes, 10 min. No competitive switch.
Sprint Speed: 46/46 (47/47)
Speed of players without ball, needed to be lowered a bit to balance acceleration
Acceleration: 52/52 (53/53)
Need more speed for players that are about to press, also increase the stamina consumption
Shot Error: 65/75 (60/60)
Usually in real games is not so rare to see really bad shots
Pass Error: 70/80 (60/60)
Increased to avoid tiki taka effect, and to slow down the speed of the game
Shot Speed: 52/52 (55/55)
A bit of reduction to avoid missiles
Pass Speed: 20/10 (25/25)
Lowered to make tiki taka hard, use the Y button to give the ball over 15mt distance, taking in account vision and stats
Injury Frequency: 60/60 (80/80)
Injury Severity: 20/20 (20/20)
More small injuries during the game
Goalkeeper Ability: 65/65 (52/52)
The attributes are bit lowered , reducing handling to make the not blocking every shot we launch at them
Marking: 87/87 (87/87)
So the ball keeper is often pressed and needed to decide in short time what to do with the ball, also help the tackler to reach the ball or press the player in order to avoid tiki taka and have more fouls
Run Frequency: 30/20 (30/30)
Less runs than vanilla, to slow down the game a bit
Line Height: 78/78 (82/82)
Line Length: 34/34 (30/30)
Line Width: 50/50 (54/54)
Compressed teams makes hard to do passes (less pass succeded %, more interception, more pressing to have fouls), seen very often in real football in conceited phases
Fullback Positioning: 50/50 (40/40)
First Touch Control: 99/99 (99/99)
More time needed to control the ball, useful to slow down the match, also in real life is hard to controll the ball for lots of players, is not something glued to the foot

Version 1.00 alpha

Download

Changelog
  • Changed the way attributes, workrates and traits are used to generate player styles.
  • Using team traits to change the way teams play against stronger and weaker teams.

Sliders that I use with this file. Legendary, handball: yes, 10 min. No competitive switch.
Speed of players without ball, needed to be lowered a bit to balance acceleration
Need more speed for players that are about to press, also increase the stamina consumption
Lowered to make tiki taka hard, use the Y button to give the ball over 15mt distance, taking in account vision and stats
The attributes are bit lowered , reducing handling to make the not blocking every shot we launch at them
So the ball keeper is often pressed and needed to decide in short time what to do with the ball, also help the tackler to reach the ball or press the player in order to avoid tiki taka and have more fouls
Compressed teams makes hard to do passes (less pass succeded %, more interception, more pressing to have fouls), seen very often in real football in conceited phases
More time needed to control the ball, useful to slow down the match, also in real life is hard to controll the ball for lots of players, is not something glued to the foot
Great!

Version 1.00 alpha

Download

Changelog

Is there a way to list all the percentage changes for players based on position/traits? I am trying to update my career mode mod so that new young players that are generated keeps in line with this new stats distribution model.

Hey mate great work here!

What did you edit to acheive this and how can I apply in my own squad file?

Fixed the teamtraits. Now teams don't have forced playing styles but they use different ones during the game.

Thanks!
Is there a way to list all the percentage changes for players based on position/traits? I am trying to update my career mode mod so that new young players that are generated keeps in line with this new stats distribution model.
I'm not using pecentages, in short for each style I "prepare" a template for an ipothetical player with the attributes correctly distributed to reah an overall of 50, 70 and 90. Then I interpolate, those to have the overall I want, change physical and mental attributes based on age, height, weight, bodytype, role, international reputation and current traits.
But when I have a bit of time, I'll apply the algo to career_regenplayerattributes, career_createplayerattributes and career_youthplayerattributes, your is a nice suggestion
Hey mate great work here!

What did you edit to acheive this and how can I apply in my own squad file?

Fixed the teamtraits. Now teams don't have forced playing styles but they use different ones during the game.
I gave info on team traits (the numeric values to set each trait) some posts ago. Is not that easy to explain, since you can choose only one defensive style and offensive style for column(e.g. COUNTER ATTACK= 2048 + MORE CROSSING = 16384 + HEAVY PRESS DEFENCE = 262144 = 280576 the value you put in the column trait1vstrong for setting that style against stronger teams )

Thanks!

I'm not using pecentages, in short for each style I "prepare" a template for an ipothetical player with the attributes correctly distributed to reah an overall of 50, 70 and 90. Then I interpolate, those to have the overall I want, change physical and mental attributes based on age, height, weight, bodytype, role, international reputation and current traits.
But when I have a bit of time, I'll apply the algo to career_regenplayerattributes, career_createplayerattributes and career_youthplayerattributes, your is a nice suggestion

I gave info on team traits (the numeric values to set each trait) some posts ago. Is not that easy to explain, since you can choose only one defensive style and offensive style for column(e.g. COUNTER ATTACK= 2048 + MORE CROSSING = 16384 + HEAVY PRESS DEFENCE = 262144 = 280576 the value you put in the column trait1vstrong for setting that style against stronger teams )
Awesome thanks man!

I haven't got so much feedbacks on this, but that's ok. I'll finish the tables for career and release a version with more balance between styles. Then I think I'll stop, have done my best on DB side. I hope that will be the best mod that can be summed up with the GP mods from Hatesince, Anth James and Paul.

I haven't got so much feedbacks on this, but that's ok. I'll finish the tables for career and release a version with more balance between styles. Then I think I'll stop, have done my best on DB side. I hope that will be the best mod that can be summed up with the GP mods from Hatesince, Anth James and Paul.
Thanks for your work, Mate! I couldn’t test your latest Squad file. Having Problems with my Pc. But I hope I can test your upcoming work. Sad to read it’s your last release. I will test this for sure next week my Computer should be fine again. Than I‘ll give you a honest feedback again. Greetz to Kölle

Version 1.00 alpha

Download

Changelog
Tried it and it really makes teams play better. But I don't like how some stats are balanced. Mbappe with 81 sprint and Marquinhos with 86+8 doesn't feel right. Or Ronaldinho with early crosser and 81 ball control because he has LW position. I like idea of stats decrease across the board, but some stats shouldn't be so connected to position of player.
P.S. Oh, Cantona has 62 sprint speed.

Last edited:
Working on a Squad file for FC 24. This new version should have more playing style (oh, i hate this term now that they use it for traits) and will improve the gameplay (reducing 1vs1 and other stuff).

Suggestions on what it could be improve from a DB perspective?

FC 24
Working in progress

FIFA 23
Hello I've created a roster file that has edited setting for better gameplay. (Beta 0.99, updated to 25/03 roster)
It was done in a way to have better defense, pressing, offensive playing, and every player has a recognizable player styles so every player is not flat, they have pros and cons. Player with low overall are still usable if you know how to make up for the technical skills gap, but they have good mental and physical stats.

More fouls if you are used to shield the ball, less ping pong passes, more error on pass, shoot, traps if you're pressed by other players. Better keeper saves.

DOWNLOAD (0.99)

unpack it in the documents/fifa 23/settings folder

HOW TO USE
Play offline, go on customise-> profile -> load squads, you'll find a file called 25032023 load it and do a friendly match or start a career

I had much to do, still working to find the right balance with attributes. I've found a good point where playing that game is satisfying.

Things in this version (with only a Roster squad file):
- Recalibrate the attributes of the players without impacting their overall. (100%)
- Create a template for each playing style to be assigned to players. Physical values are balanced for all the overall as well the mental ones. This way the technical attributes are more spread and those make the difference between a 80 ovr player and a 60 one, this also makes playing with lower league teams more fun. (90% - testing)
- Take in account physical info (height and weight) in calculating physical values. (100%)
- Fix 3-5-X and 3-4-X modules not providing enough defense on the wing, using player instruction related to every playing style. (100%)
- Goalkeepers are strong, reactive but they will not block everything. (100%)
- Balanced shot power and longshots, you'll see more of them but with less power and less precision. (100%)
- Less pass accuracy in final third and less ping pong in the midfield, more interceptions and better marking. (100%)
- Now each playing style has its set of player instructions, so they play in more real fashion (100%)
- Reduced game speed, realistic stamina drain (you can see 4-5 subs each match), more pressing and crossing for teams that play on the wing. (100%)
- Fixed the teamtraits. Now teams don't have forced playing styles but they use different ones during the game. (100%)

Q:Why using roster files?
A:FET and FMT can edit FIFA 23, but installing patches require continous updating and work to prevent the anticheat to work. You risk to be banned for that, while roster files are secure to use. Would be nice to be used with some gameplay mods on this forums to see how this roster file blend with them.

SETTINGS & SLIDERS:
I use this settings and sliders. Very challenging, as a sim match should be, not much time to think need to develop your way fast. I use a lot the mentality switcher (the ones with directional cross left/right) agains strong teams I start defensively, and seems mandatory to avoid lots of goals and have a chance
6 minutes
Legendary Difficulty
Game Speed: Normal

I use this set of sliders:
Sprint Speed: 47/47

Acceleration: 53/53
Shot Error: 60/60
Usually in real games is not so rare to see really bad shots, gonna to increase a bit
Pass Error: 60/60
Increased to avoid tiki taka effect
Shot Speed: 55/55
More speed to give the sensation of powerful shots
Pass Speed: 25/25
Lowered to make tiki taka hard, increase long passing as sure method to give the ball over 15mt distance
Injury Frequency: 80/80
Injury Severity: 20/20

Goalkeeper Ability: 52/52
So we can shout at miracles
Marking: 87/87
Run Frequency: 30/30
Line Height: 82/82
Line Length: 30/30
Line Width: 54/54

Fullback Positioning: 40/40
First Touch Control: 99/99

Try it and let me know your feedback.
Hello Mate! Thank you for you excellent work! Is the squadfile compatible with the EEP Mod? Also, does it have the latest summer transfers?

Working on a Squad file for FC 24. This new version should have more playing style (oh, i hate this term now that they use it for traits) and will improve the gameplay (reducing 1vs1 and other stuff).

Suggestions on what it could be improve from a DB perspective?
Hi, I didn't have the pleasure of testing your settings but I would like to contribute something.

today i try something in FC24 that, in my opinion, changes the game a lot. Instead of use sliders i have lowered between 20-30 points of speed and acceleration for players on 2 teams, and it feels better than modifying sliders. Its is possible? or i am wrong?

So,i have 2 questions:

1) Is there a way to quickly reduce a percentage of the speed and acceleration attributes of all players in the game?

2) Its possible to set a maximum number less than 99 to avoid these values increasing in Career Mode?

Hi @fifaccitiu.com , Could you tell me how do you mod the squad file? I'm trying to do it with Revolution DB Master 24 but, despite I can edit the file successfully, the changes doesn't appear in the game after loading the squad.

Thanks for your answer. It's still not working tho but it is because the parameter is loaded from somewhere else. The parameter in question is "pitchcolor" which selects the color tone of the grass. I modified it from the stadium and team table in fifa ng.db with FET and it works for Kickoff games but it not for Tournament or Career mode, which is really weird.
Do you know another location for database parameters?

Back
Top Bottom