[24] Squad file for better gameplay available

fifaccitiu.com

Conference
18 September 2010
FC 24
Working in progress

FIFA 23
Hello I've created a roster file that has edited setting for better gameplay. (Beta 0.99, updated to 25/03 roster)
It was done in a way to have better defense, pressing, offensive playing, and every player has a recognizable player styles so every player is not flat, they have pros and cons. Player with low overall are still usable if you know how to make up for the technical skills gap, but they have good mental and physical stats.

More fouls if you are used to shield the ball, less ping pong passes, more error on pass, shoot, traps if you're pressed by other players. Better keeper saves.

DOWNLOAD (0.99)

unpack it in the documents/fifa 23/settings folder

HOW TO USE
Play offline, go on customise-> profile -> load squads, you'll find a file called 25032023 load it and do a friendly match or start a career

I had much to do, still working to find the right balance with attributes. I've found a good point where playing that game is satisfying.

Things in this version (with only a Roster squad file):
- Recalibrate the attributes of the players without impacting their overall. (100%)
- Create a template for each playing style to be assigned to players. Physical values are balanced for all the overall as well the mental ones. This way the technical attributes are more spread and those make the difference between a 80 ovr player and a 60 one, this also makes playing with lower league teams more fun. (90% - testing)
- Take in account physical info (height and weight) in calculating physical values. (100%)
- Fix 3-5-X and 3-4-X modules not providing enough defense on the wing, using player instruction related to every playing style. (100%)
- Goalkeepers are strong, reactive but they will not block everything. (100%)
- Balanced shot power and longshots, you'll see more of them but with less power and less precision. (100%)
- Less pass accuracy in final third and less ping pong in the midfield, more interceptions and better marking. (100%)
- Now each playing style has its set of player instructions, so they play in more real fashion (100%)
- Reduced game speed, realistic stamina drain (you can see 4-5 subs each match), more pressing and crossing for teams that play on the wing. (100%)
- Fixed the teamtraits. Now teams don't have forced playing styles but they use different ones during the game. (100%)

Q:Why using roster files?
A:FET and FMT can edit FIFA 23, but installing patches require continous updating and work to prevent the anticheat to work. You risk to be banned for that, while roster files are secure to use. Would be nice to be used with some gameplay mods on this forums to see how this roster file blend with them.

SETTINGS & SLIDERS:
I use this settings and sliders. Very challenging, as a sim match should be, not much time to think need to develop your way fast. I use a lot the mentality switcher (the ones with directional cross left/right) agains strong teams I start defensively, and seems mandatory to avoid lots of goals and have a chance
6 minutes
Legendary Difficulty
Game Speed: Normal

I use this set of sliders:
Sprint Speed: 47/47

Speed of players without ball, needed to be lowered a bit to balance acceleration
Acceleration: 53/53
Need more speed for players that are about to press, also increase the stamina consumption
Shot Error: 60/60
Usually in real games is not so rare to see really bad shots, gonna to increase a bit
Pass Error: 60/60
Increased to avoid tiki taka effect
Shot Speed: 55/55
More speed to give the sensation of powerful shots
Pass Speed: 25/25
Lowered to make tiki taka hard, increase long passing as sure method to give the ball over 15mt distance
Injury Frequency: 80/80
Injury Severity: 20/20

More small injuries during the game
Goalkeeper Ability: 52/52
So we can shout at miracles
Marking: 87/87
So the ball keeper is often pressed and needed to decide in short time what to do with the ball, also help the tackler to reach the ball or press the player in order to avoid tiki taka and have more fouls
Run Frequency: 30/30
Less runs than vanilla, to slow down the game a bit
Line Height: 82/82
Line Length: 30/30
Line Width: 54/54

Compressed teams makes hard to do passes (less pass succeded %, more interception, more pressing to have fouls), seen very often in real football in conceited phases
Fullback Positioning: 40/40
First Touch Control: 99/99

More time needed to control the ball, useful to slow down the match, also in real life is hard to controll the ball for lots of players, is not something glued to the foot

Try it and let me know your feedback.

Attachments

• fulltime.png
    fulltime.png
    189.9 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
@Byronic
Thanks for clarifying that. Can you point me in the direction please where to find "Player Instructions" a.e. for Strikers? I just checked my Squad File I am currently using but under Player Table I can´t find something related to Player Instructions or better to say I have no clou where else to look at. Next thing I would do is to check those Tables via DB Master and import a Vanilla DB from FIFA 23. Maybe I searched in the wrong place because in the DB there are more Tables?

Are the Player Instructions in the Team Table as well?
The player instructions are in default_mentalities table

The player instructions are in default_mentalities table
thanks. I didn´t saw your new thread. Thanks for replying here my questions. I will also test your edits and will report also here with my experience. Like I earlier mentioned your Squad Files from FIFA 18 are still great to play. Glad you worked here further on the Squad files.

Hi Fifaccitiu, I also create changes to the Squads, but I do it in percentage for some values and in a uniform way. For example, I reduce ball control by 50% for everyone. But where do you start from? That is, I understand that you don't make the same changes for all players. What values do you have as reference points? The overall (general assessment)? Field roles? The age? Or what?

Hi Fifaccitiu, I also create changes to the Squads, but I do it in percentage for some values and in a uniform way. For example, I reduce ball control by 50% for everyone. But where do you start from? That is, I understand that you don't make the same changes for all players. What values do you have as reference points? The overall (general assessment)? Field roles? The age? Or what?
Basically I've done a Python script that parse players, team, mentailities tables.
For every player a player style is calculated from their attributes.
EG a centreback can be a stopper, a ball winner, or a ball playing defender, a striker can be a target man, a poacher or a mobile counter attacker striker. The styles are numerically balanced, that mean you can have more or less the same amount of player for each player style.
That is done in order to have more tactical deep. A stopper is a nice counterpart for a target man, but will suffer against counter attacker striker. They can be easily recognizable.
Based on that style I assign some default values, that i change based on player height, weight, age. Also, based on that style, I assign player instruction and traits.
Also weak foot is lowered a bit so there is much difference between ambidexter and normal left/right foot player.
So a tall and bulky one has nice values in strength, and a little one is speedy and agile.
The default values are calibrated for 50s, 70s, 90s overall so I can interpolate with the player original overall to avoid changes in the overall.
This allowed me to lower standing tackle for defensive midfield and sidebacks, leaving their overall the same.

The teams trait are adjusted to avoid the fact that most teams have possession and tiki taka style embedded.
And other small stuff (workrates... and so on ) that will be longer to write.

Basically I've done a Python script that parse players, team, mentailities tables.
For every player a player style is calculated from their attributes.
EG a centreback can be a stopper, a ball winner, or a ball playing defender, a striker can be a target man, a poacher or a mobile counter attacker striker. The styles are numerically balanced, that mean you can have more or less the same amount of player for each player style.
That is done in order to have more tactical deep. A stopper is a nice counterpart for a target man, but will suffer against counter attacker striker. They can be easily recognizable.
Based on that style I assign some default values, that i change based on player height, weight, age. Also, based on that style, I assign player instruction and traits.
Also weak foot is lowered a bit so there is much difference between ambidexter and normal left/right foot player.
So a tall and bulky one has nice values in strength, and a little one is speedy and agile.
The default values are calibrated for 50s, 70s, 90s overall so I can interpolate with the player original overall to avoid changes in the overall.
This allowed me to lower standing tackle for defensive midfield and sidebacks, leaving their overall the same.

The teams trait are adjusted to avoid the fact that most teams have possession and tiki taka style embedded.
And other small stuff (workrates... and so on ) that will be longer to write.
Very detailed and interesting explanation! I played 5 Matches a 6min. half with your Squad mod. I played 2 Matches in english 4th League, 2 matches in german third league and as well a Top Teams Match Chelsea vs man City.
After I played the lower League Matches which are very entertaining and more random first touches and pass errors happend than in Vanilla game. Was really felt that stats matters. After I played my last match till yet in EPL with Chelsea vs City I recognized another positive effect. The game speed in EPL is noteable faster than in english 4 th League. Very nice to have that effect never seen before in a default FIFA 23 match. Just like in real matches. Very interesting your edits and what you have achieved. I played oc your recommend settings for the Sliders. The 99 of first touch Value is suddenly remarkable too. While in default FIFA 23 it seems not to matter. Also the AI makes errors but in a natural way forced by their playstyle and stats. Great!

What is also awesome to see, the center Striker of the AI controlled team are very aggressive by running on my ball leading defender and try to steal them the ball. What is that Trait called for the center Striker? Something like pressure or attack I asume.
Playing on Legendary are still very difficult for me, especially since I switched to FUMA. I get many goals against me. Maybe I try your new release on World class first.
Passing feels very accurate now. Excellent ball speed while hitting the controller button. Tbh I can´t report much about my shots and chances on goal because I only scored 3 goals in the 5 games. :-)
Will deliver that when I make progress on my own game. For me the AI still dribbles too much when my box is in sight. It´s ok for me the offensive Players of City do that, but in english fourth league it felt a bit "unrealistic". I know it´s a point the EA gameplay in general is meant in that direction. So no real negative effect to mention here. Like I said it´s realistic when de Bryune or Grealish do that.

Sometimes the AI and my defense line could be a little bit more in direction my own half. I have some good runs over the wings sometimes without or late attacks by the defenders. But when they catch you you are in real trouble because they act "legendary" difficulty like very aggressive. So in general no negative effect again. Wanna just explain my experience with the defensive line.

Last words just to say an overall great experience. I also tested your last October Squad for the game previously and the difference is massive. I remember your October Squad was just a first test you said in your description. I wanna say it´s really improved and I can see the work you put into the new mod over the last month. So Grazie mille I would say without knowing Italian language well. :))

Very detailed and interesting explanation! I played 5 Matches a 6min. half with your Squad mod. I played 2 Matches in english 4th League, 2 matches in german third league and as well a Top Teams Match Chelsea vs man City.
After I played the lower League Matches which are very entertaining and more random first touches and pass errors happend than in Vanilla game. Was really felt that stats matters. After I played my last match till yet in EPL with Chelsea vs City I recognized another positive effect. The game speed in EPL is noteable faster than in english 4 th League. Very nice to have that effect never seen before in a default FIFA 23 match. Just like in real matches. Very interesting your edits and what you have achieved. I played oc your recommend settings for the Sliders. The 99 of first touch Value is suddenly remarkable too. While in default FIFA 23 it seems not to matter. Also the AI makes errors but in a natural way forced by their playstyle and stats. Great!

What is also awesome to see, the center Striker of the AI controlled team are very aggressive by running on my ball leading defender and try to steal them the ball. What is that Trait called for the center Striker? Something like pressure or attack I asume.
Playing on Legendary are still very difficult for me, especially since I switched to FUMA. I get many goals against me. Maybe I try your new release on World class first.
Passing feels very accurate now. Excellent ball speed while hitting the controller button. Tbh I can´t report much about my shots and chances on goal because I only scored 3 goals in the 5 games. :-)
Will deliver that when I make progress on my own game. For me the AI still dribbles too much when my box is in sight. It´s ok for me the offensive Players of City do that, but in english fourth league it felt a bit "unrealistic". I know it´s a point the EA gameplay in general is meant in that direction. So no real negative effect to mention here. Like I said it´s realistic when de Bryune or Grealish do that.

Sometimes the AI and my defense line could be a little bit more in direction my own half. I have some good runs over the wings sometimes without or late attacks by the defenders. But when they catch you you are in real trouble because they act "legendary" difficulty like very aggressive. So in general no negative effect again. Wanna just explain my experience with the defensive line.

Last words just to say an overall great experience. I also tested your last October Squad for the game previously and the difference is massive. I remember your October Squad was just a first test you said in your description. I wanna say it´s really improved and I can see the work you put into the new mod over the last month. So Grazie mille I would say without knowing Italian language well. :))
Thanks for the feedback.
I think one of the things I can do is to reduce the dribbling trait for lower tier teams when they play among teams of their level :)

Danke schön für Ihr Feedback ( I'm italian, but I live in Germany - NRW)

Thanks for the feedback.
I think one of the things I can do is to reduce the dribbling trait for lower tier teams when they play among teams of their level :)

Danke schön für Ihr Feedback ( I'm italian, but I live in Germany - NRW)
Ohh really. NRW is not that far away from Hessen where I live. I am living near Frankfurt/Main. Only 60 km away from the City. So you speak german well I can see. Would be definetly interesting how the matches feel to reduce the dribbling trait for lower tier teams. What I will test next time is lower tier level teams against Top tier teams. Yesterday I have started in german Regionalliga with Dynamo Dresden. I already see it will be hard to upper leagues with your Squad mod. But I really like the challenge now.

Btw which Italian Team is your favourite?
Was ist deine italienische Lieblingsmannschaft?

Ohh really. NRW is not that far away from Hessen where I live. I am living near Frankfurt/Main. Only 60 km away from the City. So you speak german well I can see. Would be definetly interesting how the matches feel to reduce the dribbling trait for lower tier teams. What I will test next time is lower tier level teams against Top tier teams. Yesterday I have started in german Regionalliga with Dynamo Dresden. I already see it will be hard to upper leagues with your Squad mod. But I really like the challenge now.

Btw which Italian Team is your favourite?
Was ist deine italienische Lieblingsmannschaft?
My german level is not so high.. btw let me know when you are near Koln.

My fav tem is Lecce :)

@fifaccitiu.com your squads is beautiful, congratulations.
I've seen that in the Team Traits you set the same parameters for everyone depending on whether they play against teams of the same level, stronger or weaker.
I wanted to understand what parameters you used.
For example, "contain" (524288) against strong teams and "Normal Defending" (1048576) against equal or weak?
Which pressing did you use for the 3 types? Medium (65536) High (131072) and Very high (262144)
For pass/play types, 512 Tiki taka, 1024 Short Passing, 2048 Counter Attack, 4096 Direct Attack, 8192 Normal Attack.
And in which cases did you use the 256 More attacking at home.
And for 16384 crosses and 32768 dribbling which ones did you use?
Sorry if I ask you, I don't want to abuse your work, I'm a modder too (maybe you remind me in another Italian forum in very active time) and I usually use zero "traits teams", I'd like to understand if I find it better with yours or I put mine to zero, but I need to understand the parameters you used.
If you want to answer me, thank you, otherwise friends as always.

@fifaccitiu.com your squads is beautiful, congratulations.
I've seen that in the Team Traits you set the same parameters for everyone depending on whether they play against teams of the same level, stronger or weaker.
I wanted to understand what parameters you used.
For example, "contain" (524288) against strong teams and "Normal Defending" (1048576) against equal or weak?
Which pressing did you use for the 3 types? Medium (65536) High (131072) and Very high (262144)
For pass/play types, 512 Tiki taka, 1024 Short Passing, 2048 Counter Attack, 4096 Direct Attack, 8192 Normal Attack.
And in which cases did you use the 256 More attacking at home.
And for 16384 crosses and 32768 dribbling which ones did you use?
Sorry if I ask you, I don't want to abuse your work, I'm a modder too (maybe you remind me in another Italian forum in very active time) and I usually use zero "traits teams", I'd like to understand if I find it better with yours or I put mine to zero, but I need to understand the parameters you used.
If you want to answer me, thank you, otherwise friends as always.
Ciao Patrick, here is the list of team traits:
MAD BOARD​
1​
NICE BOARD​
2​
TURVOVER​
4​
ALWAYS SAME 11​
8​
SWITCH WINGS​
16​
DM GO BACK CB​
32​
DEFEND THE ADVANTAGE​
64​
CONTINUE TO ATTACK IF WINNING​
128​
BETTER PLAY HOME​
256​
TIKI TAKA ATTACK​
512​
POSSESSION ATTACK​
1024​
COUNTER ATTACK​
2048​
DIRECT ATTACK​
4096​
GENERIC ATTACK​
8192​
MORE CROSSING​
16384​
MORE DRIBBLING​
32768​
HARASS DEFENCE​
65536​
DOUBLE PLAYERS CONTAIN DEFENCE​
131072​
HEAVY PRESS DEFENCE​
262144​
NO PRESS DEFENCE​
524288​
DEFENDING CONSERVATIVE DEFENCE​
1048576​
DEFENDING AGGRESSIVE DEFENCE​
2097152​
GENERIC DEFENCE​
4194304​

Thanks @fifaccitiu.com I know these values. I wanted to understand which ones you used because I see the sum you used: 4251645 (equal) 4212800 (strong) and 2154624 (weak) but I can't extract the individual values. Still great traits, the CPU is very real. Optimal!

Hello! I've setup firewall and it's successfully blocking FIFA23.exe. Do I need to load squads every time after game start or it'll be enough to do just once? Sorry for the stupid quesion :D

Thanks @fifaccitiu.com I know these values. I wanted to understand which ones you used because I see the sum you used: 4251645 (equal) 4212800 (strong) and 2154624 (weak) but I can't extract the individual values. Still great traits, the CPU is very real. Optimal!
I don't remember which traits I've set since I've changed the script, but now I've divided teams into classes and set traits based on that.

Hello! I've setup firewall and it's successfully blocking FIFA23.exe. Do I need to load squads every time after game start or it'll be enough to do just once? Sorry for the stupid quesion :D
Yes, you have to load always the squads file and avoid connection to server.

New squads is in progress, with a set of new sliders (only for legendary for now), some features:
  • Reworked phisical attributes.
  • Team traits are changed in order to have differences in match between teams (eg. Lecce - Cremonese will have different vibes than Chelsea - Real or Cosenza-Modena)
  • Reworked a bit workarates and weakfootabilities, they impact on overall rating now.
  • Less aggression to strikers to reduce silly fouls in thier pression.
  • Low level team are less prone to dribbling, especially VS strong teams
  • Unlocked CONMEBOL teams in ROW.
Looking at statistics, I'm trying to reduce the dribbling percentages, and try to raise the number of fouls (but I think for fouls a gameplay mod used in conjuction can help)

Some tricks to help playing with this squad files.
  • When you receive the ball avoid to sprint, try to protect the ball with L2 and advance slowly with L1.
  • Use mentalities. When you have some difficulties to attack , just use the right directional cross to set an offensive mentality. Same when the CPU wants to score, set to defensive mentality.
  • Use sprint only when is necessary. Try to contain with L2 if you are in midfield, or when attacking, if the other team is unbalanced.
  • Try to use your playmaker if you are gonna do long passes, is better.

Last edited:
I don't remember which traits I've set since I've changed the script, but now I've divided teams into classes and set traits based on that.

Yes, you have to load always the squads file and avoid connection to server.

New squads is in progress, with a set of new sliders (only for legendary for now), some features:
  • Reworked phisical attributes.
  • Team traits are changed in order to have differences in match between teams
  • Reworked a bit workarates and weakfootabilities, they impact on overall rating now.
  • Less aggression to strikers to reduce silly fouls in thier pression.
  • Low level team are less prone to dribbling, especially VS strong teams
  • Unlocked CONMEBOL teams in ROW.
Looking at statistics, I'm trying to reduce the dribbling percentages, and try to raise the number of fouls (but I think for fouls a gameplay mod used in conjuction can help)

Some tricks to help playing with this squad files.
  • When you receive the ball avoid to sprint, try to protect the ball with L2 and advance slowly with L1.
  • Use mentalities. When you have some difficulties to attack , just use the right directional cross to set an offensive mentality. Same when the CPU wants to score, set to defensive mentality.
  • Use sprint only when is necessary. Try to contain with L2 if you are in midfield, or when attacking, if the other team is unbalanced.
  • Try to use your playmaker if you are gonna do long passes, is better.
Great to read Mate that a another Squad File coming it´s way. I was about to ask you already last time how do you see the possibility to use an Gameplay mod additional to your Squad File. I just thought it would brake your mod, though. What kind of gameplay mod it should be to combine with your Squad File? When a gp mod comes with a custom DB like the one from @hatesince97, is that possible or better to choose a gp without a custom DB. Because the custom DB have his own Player Table and Team Table for sure. It could be overwritten. But I guess when I hit in game settings/Profil and choose your Squad it takes the majority?! And your Tables will get used?!

I am curious about you edit "
  • Low level team are less prone to dribbling, especially VS strong teams"
Looking forward to it.

Great to read Mate that a another Squad File coming it´s way. I was about to ask you already last time how do you see the possibility to use an Gameplay mod additional to your Squad File. I just thought it would brake your mod, though. What kind of gameplay mod it should be to combine with your Squad File? When a gp mod comes with a custom DB like the one from @hatesince97, is that possible or better to choose a gp without a custom DB. Because the custom DB have his own Player Table and Team Table for sure. It could be overwritten. But I guess when I hit in game settings/Profil and choose your Squad it takes the majority?! And your Tables will get used?!

I am curious about you edit "
  • Low level team are less prone to dribbling, especially VS strong teams"
Looking forward to it.
I think we can make a squad file compatible with a gp mod if we know exactly what parameters are edited in each file. Tbh, the DB included in my previous mod was containing only a small tweak in “players” table for crosses and long shots. Since I’m not a DB specialist I didn’t want to break my mod without knowing what I was touching. If @fifaccitiu.com is ok, he can share his working process in the gameplay lab thread or maybe explain in detail what he’s editing so we can compare and work based on files comparison.

I think we can make a squad file compatible with a gp mod if we know exactly what parameters are edited in each file. Tbh, the DB included in my previous mod was containing only a small tweak in “players” table for crosses and long shots. Since I’m not a DB specialist I didn’t want to break my mod without knowing what I was touching. If @fifaccitiu.com is ok, he can share his working process in the gameplay lab thread or maybe explain in detail what he’s editing so we can compare and work based on files comparison.
Since this is a Squad file, the only problem that can arise is when leagues/teams/players are added to the DB. If you just changed some player attributes or team traits it should work fine since the Squad file have priority over the standard DB

Immagine 2023-04-16 232648.png

1681680835716.png

Preview of a WIP (me:cremonese - cpu:lecce)

OK:
Shots and % of shots accuracy
Fouls
Tackles
Pass types and distribution (crosses also)
Nice variety of playing (generic attack and generic defence trait for both of them)

NOT OK:
Dribbling accuracy (too high, but I've let them play)
Lecce's pass accuracy should be 5% less

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom