2006 FIFA World Cup (EA Sports)

Am I the only person having connection issues(360 version).

Every now and then,when the ball goes out for a corner or bye kick,the dreaded sign comes up "Connection to server lost" WTF.

I really like this game,but this is really starting to piss me off.

Does this happen to anyone else,as I have had the odd "Why did you quit" messages from other gamers.

Also,My DNF is 0%,I'm really confused.

Its a well known issue mate and Welcome to the world of EA Online Inadequancies....

DJ

djdoc360 said:
Its a well known issue mate and Welcome to the world of EA Online Inadequancies....

DJ

Thanks mate,what a pisser though.

Honestly,after some of the disasters I've had with the ps2 network over the years(strangely also ea games),I thought this would be sorted for next gen.

Ah well,PGR 3 Online for me(what a game) until pes 6

:D

Last edited:
jambotommy said:
I have it on the 360 mate,and the pitches(imo) are superb,I really hope Konami put this into pes 6 on the 360.

The net graphics are also a huge step up for a fifa game(but I suppose they should be with the machines power).

Players are reasonable,Some better than others,the others being piss poor in all honesty.

Camera mode Dynamic is good,but the rest just look far too far out(even when zoomed in)
Finally,The first touch feature should be implemented into Pes 6 as well.

When you have played a fair few games of fifa,then go back to pes 5,how many times do you try the first touch thingy with the right stick ?:lmao:
8)

1st Touch should stay in FIFA 06 and something similar in PES would be fab.

as stated earlier by RuneEdge I very much doubt most people will be playing this game in a few weeks time....

EA's online servers suck! hence why a lot of EA online games are awful! I used to play Tiger Woods 06 online and the amount of times id get booted off the game with a connection failure! another thing was me and a mate both have good broadband connections and we live less than 10 miles apart and yet the game was still very very laggy/buggy!!!

DJ

Im yet to have any problems with EA titles online, but if its a well known issue im sure i will get my problems soon. Burnout is great online I recommend it.

Thats an EA Games server mate, I think EA Sports is a subdivision of Electronic Arts and so the servers wont be the same.

DJ

djdoc360 said:
Thats an EA Games server mate, I think EA Sports is a subdivision of Electronic Arts and so the servers wont be the same.

DJ
ok mate thats why then

i downloaded the demo off xbox live and i found it to be graphically impressive but i hate what they've done to the dashing, having to use the right stick is jinda annoying and this off the ball rubbish using the right stick is a good idea in principle but just not oimplemented very well. maybe i expect to much cause i play pro all the time but i find fifa is way to arcadey (especially the world cup editions) compared to fifa. the only reason i'd buy fifa is cause i need to footie gane on my 360 and that its online.

roll on october...Pro Evo 6

danhammer said:
i'm getting my xbox 360 this week and will definately get fifa 2006 world cup edition, played it the other day in pc world and it's great

found this on another website looks great

http://xboxmovies.teamxbox.com/xbox-360/3050/2006-FIFA-World-Cup-Italy-Vs-USA/

Don't make the same mistake that I did! Just buy Xbox's PES5 and play that for the time being (until PES6 comes out). It's just a warning (because the game truly sucks in my opinion) but it's up to you what you do.

AgentSmithMatrix said:
Don't make the same mistake that I did! Just buy Xbox's PES5 and play that for the time being (until PES6 comes out). It's just a warning (because the game truly sucks in my opinion) but it's up to you what you do.

Hear what your saying mate,but trying to line up a game of pes5 on xbox live is like getting teeth pulled.:shock:

Hope pes 6 has a better setup(similiar to ps2 pes 5).

:)

jambotommy said:
Hear what your saying mate,but trying to line up a game of pes5 on xbox live is like getting teeth pulled.:shock:

Hope pes 6 has a better setup(similiar to ps2 pes 5).

:)

Maybe for you but not for me. Why? Well I always tend to create a game so I can choose to play on one of a few pitches that I like and so I can also select the club teams option because I'm tired of playing Brazil all the time, and my challenge gets accepted in no time. Maybe you should create games too to lessen the waiting time. I don't think I've ever had to wait for over 2 minutes for a game to get started.

AgentSmithMatrix said:
Maybe for you but not for me. Why? Well I always tend to create a game so I can choose to play on one of a few pitches that I like and so I can also select the club teams option because I'm tired of playing Brazil all the time, and my challenge gets accepted in no time. Maybe you should create games too to lessen the waiting time. I don't think I've ever had to wait for over 2 minutes for a game to get started.
I did exactly what you've just described and the longest I had to wait was 45 minutes. And then, the guy quit not even quarter of the way through the match, which was the final straw for me and playing PES online.

There should be less choice. No being able to turn you down unless your name is on a cheats list, no being able to change your team (once you've pressed "okay" and then maybe a "confirm" button then that's IT), no being able to select a team that isn't within 10 general points of the team you or your opponent has chosen. Otherwise I've seen nothing to suggest that there is any reason to play this game online.

Jack Bauer said:
I did exactly what you've just described and the longest I had to wait was 45 minutes. And then, the guy quit not even quarter of the way through the match, which was the final straw for me and playing PES online.

There should be less choice. No being able to turn you down unless your name is on a cheats list, no being able to change your team (once you've pressed "okay" and then maybe a "confirm" button then that's IT), no being able to select a team that isn't within 10 general points of the team you or your opponent has chosen. Otherwise I've seen nothing to suggest that there is any reason to play this game online.

45 minutes? What the hell?! I swear I hardly ever have to wait for more than 2 minutes after creating a game. I agree with the points you make though. They have to change it.

Before accepting challenges, you could always check the number of times your (possible) opponents have disconnected before opting to play them. How about adding the members on this forum who play PES online to your friends list. Feel free too add me (SolidSal7Snake). I certainly won't quit and I'm pretty sure other members on here wouldn't either unless if I/they had a legitimate reason.

I give UP! After watching the real world cup I can not go back to this game. I know I know i was a fanboy but i really thought the game was THAT good.

EVERYTHING changed after played fifa Road to the world Cup though.
RTTWC is by far the better game and looks and plays more like real soccer.

In WE i feel that every shot is precise and on goal...NOT realistic. In fifa it's either way right or way left on somewhere in between whereas in WE it's always spot on because of the directional shooting. I m sorry but directional shooting makes it more arcadey in my book. while watching real soccer matches i noticed that shots are wild off the target constantly and RTTWC mimics that the most.

BumperMan said:
I give UP! After watching the real world cup I can not go back to this game. I know I know i was a fanboy but i really thought the game was THAT good.

EVERYTHING changed after played fifa Road to the world Cup though.
RTTWC is by far the better game and looks and plays more like real soccer.

In WE i feel that every shot is precise and on goal...NOT realistic. In fifa it's either way right or way left on somewhere in between whereas in WE it's always spot on because of the directional shooting. I m sorry but directional shooting makes it more arcadey in my book. while watching real soccer matches i noticed that shots are wild off the target constantly and RTTWC mimics that the most.
WTF? I cant believe what your sayin!!

DJ

BumperMan said:
I find this really funny as one of the most known and common said annoyances in PES5/WE9 (besides fouls) was the erratic shooting.

Well I'm kinda entitled to my opinion. been watching the world cup and RTTWC plays more like the real thing then WC06.

Put aside the bad lighting in RTTWC the bad way you can't "AIM" a shot(yeah yeah i know)and the fact that the ball doesn't always feel that ntural. It gave me a sense of the sport much more after watching the world cup.

Now i should say i don't watch soccer regularly but have been watching every match of the world cup with the knowelge of looking at the videogames i played more of.

I can't wait for PES?WE to come to the 360 but right now i get a kick at how goof RTTWC is at recreating the right mood.

Current wE games are good the best but one with multiplayer. If your playing against the computer they keep shooting RIGHT ON GOAL which is annoying because not ever shot that becomes abvailble in life is spot on. i think this is where konami fault is the shooting is too controllable

Can someone smash my copy of FIFA to bits, I refuse to waste any more time on it.

i would just closed this thread I myself am tired of camparing all these games anyways. i'm here first and foremost for winning Eleven but winning Eleven(ever since kit inserting became a headache) is no longer something I play as religiously as i once did. Once I got the 360 I was extremely excited about the graphical step. for some they don't like what EA did I tend to like it and after watching some "world cup oriented matches i compared all of these games together to my own observation. guiess i'm in the minority on that one though. Ohh well close the thread and lets start seeing info screens and gameplay movie of Pro evolution Soccer 2007 for 360

Slickhenry said:
Can someone smash my copy of FIFA to bits, I refuse to waste any more time on it.
Send it to me, I'll have great pleasure in smashing your copy of F*FA to bits, relieves stress and tension from what I've been told by my doctor. :mrgreen:

I have a strange problem with my game now, everytime I play a game and choose the return to main menu option at the end, my game freezes.

Anyone know what could be causing this? There doesn't seem to be any sratches on the disc and I'm pretty sure my 360 is not overheating. :|

Last edited:
Dont have such issues mate when I play it, I have the odd freeze during the Xbox 1 Emulation though which is weird?

DJ

Back
Top Bottom