Official PES 2016 Demo Feedback

PES Russia

PES Russia
17 January 2014
Russia
Messages in this topic will be sorted (in order to eliminate repetition) and move to the end of each week (on weekends) in the following topic:
winningelevenblog.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=23454

43c5054c0189.jpg

Alternative topics:
forums.pesfan.com/showthread.php?262017-PES-16-Demo
peswe.com/fm/showthread.php?p=805834

Last edited:
OK guys, thanks for the thread.

I think the game is enjoyable but it has as every game flaws, which in my opinion can be addressed.

Based on roughly 10 hours of playing on PS4 / superstar, full manual

1. goalkeepers
Although they are making amazing saves and re-action saves, they have quite a few problems.

in certain situations when an attacker is carrying the ball inside the box, they simply stuck to their lines or come out late to cover the corners of the goal. This is not helped by the fact, that when they decide to dive, they make an unnecessary mini jump before jumping and dive late and slow-motion, with not fully stretched arms.

This kills the joy of scoring. Too accurate shooting is not helping either.

Example video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAbG3VZiwgE

2. referees
They are bad, inconsistent. I think there are enough fouls, but they are not given. Last men tackles not awarded with red, etc.

Advantage rule is ridiculous. Almost every time advantage is given. Should be only in case of real goal scoring opportunity.

3. shooting

It's not varied enough. Almost every shot is on goal. Lack of AI. high shots, over the bar shots.

R2 shooting can be overpowered, but I think the keepers should be improved.

Not real difference between players. Almost every player can pull of really strong, long range shots.

You cannot modify the shot type after you pressed square. I mean start with a normal shot and changing your mind and press R2 afterwards. It was in PES5-6 and was a really good weapon to trick defenders and keepers.

4. defending

I find the sliding tackles too easy to pull of. They lack variety and every player skills seems to be the same.

5. general
Bug. There are 2 nets shapes, they start with tighter version, once they are connected they become loose and remain loose.

Not every dive should be awarded with yellow card (If you fall to the ground without being a player near you, or if it shouldn't be obvious for the referee it shouldn't be awarded with a yellow card).

When a ball is out and it's obvious who contacted the ball last, that team's players shouldn't gesticulate in a crazy way, claiming that they have the throw in.

General individuality should be improved, difference between players.

Night lighting could be further improved.

Replays should be re-designed. Too slow motion.

6. Further areas for improvement
Bring that fucking coin toss back :)

Implement a sliding tackle system which requires skill, where direction can be influenced, speed, length of sliding, etc..

Enable to record voice to replays (not high priority on PS4 - it's recorded anyway).

Smaller stadiums for master league.

This what came to my mind.

Again.

Top priority:
1. keepers inside box reactions
2. referees - fouls
3. shooting variety

The game is great but atm there is one big flaw that is gonna affect the whole game for me, if not fixed there won't be any purchase I'm afraid.

Passing on Passing Level 1 is TOO assisted, it should be much closer to manual (which is great btw). Atm I can't se any difference between pass level 1 and pass level 3, they seems to be about the same.

If you play manual online and get paired with someone using pass level 1 u will have a huge disadvantage.

Hopefully the system can guarantee that u get paired with another manual player, otherwise it will be a frustrating affair for us who doesn't want to play with assisted settings.

When a ball is out and it's obvious who contacted the ball last, that team's players shouldn't gesticulate in a crazy way, claiming that they have the throw in.This happens IRL why not put it in game?

General individuality should be improved, difference between players.Are you sure? im CERTAIN there is clear difference to players, i KNOW when im using say Totti and Tevez

Implement a sliding tackle system which requires skill, where direction can be influenced, speed, length of sliding, ect.... Isnt that what holding L2 (manual button) and sliding does? im sure i have noticed a difference

When a ball is out and it's obvious who contacted the ball last, that team's players shouldn't gesticulate in a crazy way, claiming that they have the throw in.This happens IRL why not put it in game?

Of course it's good, that it's in, the problem is the implementation is basic. They should try to cheat the referee only if it wasn't 100% clear for the referee who contacted the ball last.

General individuality should be improved, difference between players.Are you sure? im CERTAIN there is clear difference to players, i KNOW when im using say Totti and Tevez

I still think that there is not enough difference between players in shooting, dribbling speed, defending.

Implement a sliding tackle system which requires skill, where direction can be influenced, speed, length of sliding, ect.... Isnt that what holding L2 (manual button) and sliding does? im sure i have noticed a difference

If it works I'm happy. I have to give it a try.

Some points that needs major adjustments.

1. I can't feel the stats on players, especially the technical ones.

2. Passing is the same for all players (no errors). Moreover the whole passing system is odd and too ridig.

3. No variety on shooting.

4. Footplanting is horrible. Too ice-skating moments.

5. AI attacks are limited. Some teams never cross the ball for example. It decide to cross the ball into my area.

1. passing assist lvl 1 should be less assisted, R2 passing(wich takes a bit more time) should be more accurate than the simple pass. now there is no difference between lvl 1 and lvl2
2. basic shooting should be less assisted. too easy to hit the target from any player from any distance. i would feel more rewarded for a rare good shot than hitting the target every time
3. basic R2 shooting is a bit overpowered with star players, should be toned down
4. 1on1 finish is too easy with basic shooting
5. cpu' chip shots are too effective
6. not enough fouls in the game, CPU tackles with too much efficiency. maybe player can aswell
7. cpu's passing accuracy also could be toned down just a little bit on superstar and top player, i often see Palmeiras with 90% passing accuracy

@ Bonyi

Originally Posted by god84

Of course it's good, that it's in, the problem is the implementation is basic. They should try to cheat the referee only if it wasn't 100% clear for the referee who contacted the ball last

But for immersion sake you have to imagine the ref hadnt seen it take into account that even if the ref sees it a player will ALWAYS challenge it... YOU have seen it clearly, but YOU are sat in the position of a fan in row D lol.

@ Bonyi

Originally Posted by god84

Of course it's good, that it's in, the problem is the implementation is basic. They should try to cheat the referee only if it wasn't 100% clear for the referee who contacted the ball last

But for immersion sake you have to imagine the ref hadnt seen it take into account that even if the ref sees it a player will ALWAYS challenge it... YOU have seen it clearly, but YOU are sat in the position of a fan in row D lol.

OK, too many words wasted on this small thing.
If I find a sample, I will share.

There are many more glaring issues, which needs to be fixed.
Namely: Keepers, Referees - Fouls, Shooting variety.

1_the players should not be able to perfectly control any kind of pass that come towards them
2_AI should be able to commit fouls intentionally,and cross the ball more often
3_some of the physical challenges needs to result to fouls for a more fair play(more fouls overall)and also during aerial duels
4_the pitch could degrade as the match progresses and gameplay cam graphics needs polishing,grass should also move as players and ball comes in contact with it
5_during celebrations,the cutscenes needs to be seamless and they should stop appearing and disappearing every time and this also applies to when the reff blows for freekicks and is going to give a card or warning,the transition from gameplay to cutscenes just don't feel right,so make it all seamless and the goalscorer needs to interact with fellow teammates and we need a 1 to 11 man celebration and not the always 5 man celebration
6_Replays needs more variety from realistic angles,needs to be a bit faster than it is,the goal post should rattle when the ball hits the bar,the flag on the corner flag only moves in one motion(which is unrealistic)(they should move depending on the current weather)
7_players should stop gliding on the pitch and when taking freekicks,all the rest of the players stand still and don't move at all(in real life,players move around in case of passing so fix it) and when freekicks are blown,the out of focus players start walking like robots facing sideways and they enter one another(they start floating on the pitch and move,turn and walk like robots)so fix that
8_hairs needs to be more natural and also move like in older ps3 versions of pes,real subs should be seen warming up and even on the bench,more generic coaches and more animations for them depending on the current situation,and even cutscenes for them(this was also on pes 2013) cloth simulation needs more variety and needs to move like in pes 2014
9_game speed at -1 should be the default speed cos it make the game more appalling
10_players needs to get injured due to careless collisions and bring back stretchers
11_the penalty, system needs rapt fixing and it would be nice if the arrow when taking freekicks,corners,goalkicks is totally removed(it makes us feel like kids who needs arrows to do anything)

The main issues for me in order of most annoyance.

1. CPU not crossing the ball
2. Hardly any free kicks given but this has been a problem since people complained about PES5 having too many.
3. The keeper hardly kicks long goal kicks

Enjoyable demo. Responsive controls. However, my biggest gripes with the demo are two (three) folds:

(1) Lack of fouls. Is there a specific reason why Konami seemingly chooses to not implement fouls?
(2) Goalie artificial intelligence. "Dumb goalies." Goalies need to make a better effort at stopping the ball. Some of their reactions seems to be delayed for the worst.
(3) Passing Accuracy. Reading around the web, people have brought up the fact that passes are a little too accurate, whether it be the CPU or the gamer.

Better question is, how likely is this impressions thread going to affect the final product released? Is Konami going to do anything about these "issues/concerns"?

Are they going to let us play online games with the demo default cam "dynamic wide". If they don't it would be tragic. Also. Any word if they will let us pick teams after being paired up so we dong get lame club vs national team match ups like last year ?

Enjoyable demo. Responsive controls. However, my biggest gripes with the demo are two (three) folds:

(1) Lack of fouls. Is there a specific reason why Konami seemingly chooses to not implement fouls?

(2) Goalie artificial intelligence. "Dumb goalies." Goalies need to make a better effort at stopping the ball. Some of their reactions seems to be delayed for the worst.

(3) Passing Accuracy. Reading around the web, people have brought up the fact that passes are a little too accurate, whether it be the CPU or the gamer.

Better question is, how likely is this impressions thread going to affect the final product released? Is Konami going to do anything about these "issues/concerns"?

Not sure. Apparently they have a very high satisfaction rate right now. Above 90 percent according to one of the managers who works on the game. From a business standpoint, if most people are happy with your product you don't alter it to appease a small minority. Just for the record I agree with most of you gripes. That said, I think the positives will end up outweighing the negatives and most ppl will be happy with PES 2016 as long as it's fun to play

Not sure. Apparently they have a very high satisfaction rate right now. Above 90 percent according to one of the managers who works on the game. From a business standpoint, if most people are happy with your product you don't alter it to appease a small minority. Just for the record I agree with most of you gripes. That said, I think the positives will end up outweighing the negatives and most ppl will be happy with PES 2016 as long as it's fun to play

That seems logical, but then why do they ask for feedback at all? They have to know it's only a small percent playing the game that also goes to forums like this and read/post things.

I for one hope they at least listen to the many people who are pointing out that it's waaaay to bog of a difference between maual passing and pass level 1, the latter is extremely assisted if u compare with last years passing assistance 1.

Can you please list the positives that will outweigh the existing negatives. As it stands, my list of negatives is ruining the game.

Konami needs to either allow for sliders or offer a "simulation" game mode that incorporates inaccurate passes, amp the fouls, and increase the reactionary intelligence of goalies.

The more I play this demo, the more two of the three concerns I posted above really sticks out like a sore thumb and absolutely need an overhaul. More importantly, this is making me likely not buy the game at all, which is an absolute shame.

I was heavily playing the demo for hours on end, but the more I keep playing, I am starting to turn the game off after about 5-10 minutes.

(1) Passing accuracy. The lack of errors and precise pin point, ping pong passing is unfortunately ruining the game. It is one of the absolute biggest flaw with the game at this point. If I don't hear and actually see evidence of changes to the retail version, I am sad to say I might skip out on the game. It is simply too easy to pass the ball accurately to your teammates.

(2) Lack of Fouls. Is another factor that is completely taking the fun out of the game. As a casual soccer fan, it is absolutely odd seeing barely any fouls called at all.

I was all set on buying this game, but the above two factors is truly destroying the game. I guess NBA2k16 will be the only sports game that I buy in the upcoming months.

Last edited:
That seems logical, but then why do they ask for feedback at all? They have to know it's only a small percent playing the game that also goes to forums like this and read/post things.

I for one hope they at least listen to the many people who are pointing out that it's waaaay to bog of a difference between maual passing and pass level 1, the latter is extremely assisted if u compare with last years passing assistance 1.

To begin with, it's good PR. It's gives the appearance that they care about their customers and product. Secondly, I'm pretty sure they are aware of this forum and any others that are dedicated to PES. The problem is interaction between developers who work on the actual game and the small minority of "hardcore" fans who post on forums. Mangers/developers for NBA 2k sports and MLB SCEA interact with and listen to fans on forums. Keyword being listen. Tells you all you need to know right there. I don't think we can give this game a final verdict yet. We haven't seen the full menu. It's like a hot chick flashing her tits at you. You know there's more.

Last edited:
Can you please list the positives that will outweigh the existing negatives. As it stands, my list of negatives is ruining the game.

Konami needs to either allow for sliders or offer a "simulation" game mode that incorporates inaccurate passes, amp the fouls, and increase the reactionary intelligence of goalies.

The more I play this demo, the more two of the three concerns I posted above really sticks out like a sore thumb and absolutely need an overhaul. More importantly, this is making me likely not buy the game at all, which is an absolute shame.

I was heavily playing the demo for hours on end, but the more I keep playing, I am starting to turn the game off after about 5-10 minutes.

(1) Passing accuracy. The lack of errors and precise pin point, ping pong passing is unfortunately ruining the game. It is one of the absolute biggest flaw with the game at this point. If I don't hear and actually see evidence of changes to the retail version, I am sad to say I might skip out on the game. It is simply too easy to pass the ball accurately to your teammates.

(2) Lack of Fouls. Is another factor that is completely taking the fun out of the game. As a casual soccer fan, it is absolutely odd seeing barely any fouls called at all.

I was all set on buying this game, but the above two factors is truly destroying the game. I guess NBA2k16 will be the only sports game that I buy in the upcoming months.

That was me being optimistic. So my feeling is basically after all the patches and updates for the game the positives will be > than the negatives. I could be completely wrong. They might end up making the game even worse. PES 2016 as it stands now is not a day one purchase for me. It didn't wow me. I'll probably read some reviews, see what they patch, watch some vids and then borrow the game from a buddy, see how it plays and then make my decision from there

Sliders would would definitely be a step in the right direction. Maybe it's just not Konami's thing as they have never been in PES.

Advanced through balls seem broken since PES 2015. That's my main concern since they are one of the most enjoyable things about the series in my opinion.

They occasionally seem to auto direct now.

1_the players should not be able to perfectly control any kind of pass that come towards them2_AI should be able to commit fouls intentionally,and cross the ball more often
3_some of the physical challenges needs to result to fouls for a more fair play(more fouls overall)and also during aerial duels
4_the pitch could degrade as the match progresses and gameplay cam graphics needs polishing,grass should also move as players and ball comes in contact with it
5_during celebrations,the cutscenes needs to be seamless and they should stop appearing and disappearing every time and this also applies to when the reff blows for freekicks and is going to give a card or warning,the transition from gameplay to cutscenes just don't feel right,so make it all seamless and the goalscorer needs to interact with fellow teammates and we need a 1 to 11 man celebration and not the always 5 man celebration6_Replays needs more variety from realistic angles,needs to be a bit faster than it is,the goal post should rattle when the ball hits the bar,the flag on the corner flag only moves in one motion(which is unrealistic)(they should move depending on the current weather)
7_players should stop gliding on the pitch and when taking freekicks,all the rest of the players stand still and don't move at all(in real life,players move around in case of passing so fix it) and when freekicks are blown,the out of focus players start walking like robots facing sideways and they enter one another(they start floating on the pitch and move,turn and walk like robots)so fix that
8_hairs needs to be more natural and also move like in older ps3 versions of pes,real subs should be seen warming up and even on the bench,more generic coaches and more animations for them depending on the current situation,and even cutscenes for them(this was also on pes 2013) cloth simulation needs more variety and needs to move like in pes 2014
9_game speed at -1 should be the default speed cos it make the game more appalling
10_players needs to get injured due to careless collisions and bring back stretchers
11_the penalty, system needs rapt fixing and it would be nice if the arrow when taking freekicks,corners,goalkicks is totally removed(it makes us feel like kids who needs arrows to do anything)

1. Perfect control can happend, havent you seen players like Xavi, Totti, Messi, Zlatan ect trap a simple pass perfectly especially when unmarked?

2. Grass doesnt degrade that much especially on pitches like Anfield, Old Trafford, Nou Camp ect

3. Five to eleven man celebrations???? christ people used to whinge when it was just one or two.. they wanted 5 or so now they want more.. i guess the fans just aint happy with whatever they get are they?

That was me being optimistic. So my feeling is basically after all the patches and updates for the game the positives will be > than the negatives. I could be completely wrong. They might end up making the game even worse. PES 2016 as it stands now is not a day one purchase for me. It didn't wow me. I'll probably read some reviews, see what they patch, watch some vids and then borrow the game from a buddy, see how it plays and then make my decision from there

Sliders would would definitely be a step in the right direction. Maybe it's just not Konami's thing as they have never been in PES.

Based on your own personal experience, has Konami ever put out a patch that improved the gameplay?

The game is currently a "tragedy" so to speak. Maybe the word "tragedy" isn't justified and may even be a little harsh, but when I see such beautiful animation and superior realistic color palette in PES 2016, I cry a little inside because my mentioned flaws (passing accuracy needs a lot more error, no fouls, dumb goalies) with this game is a deal breaker.

And truth be told, I am a casual soccer fan.

I am a casual soccer fan who wants realism. I am a casual soccer fan that wants inaccurate passes for both the CPU and the player. I am a casual soccer fan that wants way more fouls to be called and more stoppage time along with more free kicks. I am a casual fan that wants goalies to be more intelligent with better reactionary time.

PES2016 is such a beautiful looking game but completely misses the mark on a few gameplay aspects.

Based on your own personal experience, has Konami ever put out a patch that improved the gameplay?

The game is currently a "tragedy" so to speak. Maybe the word "tragedy" isn't justified and may even be a little harsh, but when I see such beautiful animation and superior realistic color palette in PES 2016, I cry a little inside because my mentioned flaws (passing accuracy needs a lot more error, no fouls, dumb goalies) with this game is a deal breaker.

And truth be told, I am a casual soccer fan.

I am a casual soccer fan who wants realism. I am a casual soccer fan that wants inaccurate passes for both the CPU and the player. I am a casual soccer fan that wants way more fouls to be called and more stoppage time along with more free kicks. I am a casual fan that wants goalies to be more intelligent with better reactionary time.

PES2016 is such a beautiful looking game but completely misses the mark on a few gameplay aspects.

Tragedy is WAY away from fact.

You say you want more AI error and i agree with that but more USER error?? do you want the game to dictate when your passes connect or do you want it to be about skill? i wouldnt give a damn if i played a manual user (as iam) and he out played me because his skill level is better than mine. Come on man lol

Tragedy is WAY away from fact.

You say you want more AI error and i agree with that but more USER error?? do you want the game to dictate when your passes connect or do you want it to be about skill? i wouldnt give a damn if i played a manual user (as iam) and he out played me because his skill level is better than mine. Come on man lol

That's why I had to correct myself when I used the word "tragedy." I didn't really want to use the word tragedy, I was really hesitant to use it, but decided to use it anyway. I also said that it maybe wasn't truly justified and maybe a little bit harsh by using the word tragedy.

Anyways, you've played the 2016 demo. Do you not have an issue with how the user passing to teammates is essentially always pin point accurate? It's as if the ball is magnetized to the foot.

You say you want more AI error and i agree with that but more USER error?? do you want the game to dictate when your passes connect or do you want it to be about skill?

It requires both to create a great game. Maybe we're not on the same page when the concept of "accurate" passes is discussed.

Frequently, in real life the receiving teammate needs to adjust his body to receive incoming pass. He might have to move 1 to 2 feet to his left or right, or he might have to run a little bit forward to secure the pass.

Currently as it stands in PES2016, once the ball is passed by the first teammate, the second receiving teammate simply stops, stands there and the passed ball accurately pin points and hits the receiving teammate directly in the foot as if the foot and ball had magnets. The receiving teammate never has to adjust his body nor sticks his foot out forward or sideways to secure the pass.

Here's an experiment for you to try that more clearly defines what I'm talking about. Simply use the "through-pass" button as your primary passing button. Don't max out the "through-pass" button when you pass to your teammate, but simply tap it. Other times when your teammate is at a further distance, hold it a little bit longer but still don't ever try to max out the "through-pass" button. Basically don't use the through-pass as a "through-pass," use the through-pass as a normal pass to your teammate. Now, also attempt to "ping-pong" pass multiple times with the "through pass" button. Even when trying to ping-pong pass multiple times, there are still "errors" (or inaccuracies) created.

By using the "through-pass" button as your primary and only pass button, the overall look and feel of the passing game looks much more organic and natural. You're still passing the ball to the exact teammate that you want, but "through-pass" doesn't allow for the ball to get magnetized to the receiving teammate's foot. This is what I'm referring to when I want more user "error" when passing the ball. Error doesn't mean the pass get passed to the wrong teammate or purposely to the opposing teammate, but having inaccurate passes allows the ball to be more free.

Since you brought up the subject of "user skill," and something that you'd prefer, using the "through-pass" button as your sole passing mechanic requires much more skill than the existing PES2016 primary pass button. You wanted to talk about skill ... well, using the "pass-through" button to pass to your teammate will require even more skill.

Did you try the "through pass only button" experiment? Do you see how the passes are less accurate with "through-pass," meaning the passes don't automatically get magnetized to the receiving teammates foot? The passed ball still goes to your receiving teammate, but now with "through-passing" as the primary pass, the ball goes to the vicinity of the receiving teammate.

You do realize in real life, passes do not always connect with your teammate always accurately right? Also, please nobody use the excuse that real life is different than a video game -- sports games are using motion capture technology to implement real player movements, and various technology to implement proper physics. If Konami didn't want to create a real life simulation, they wouldn't go through the trouble with motion capture and implementing proper ball physics.

The following statement is more directed to a lot of people on the internet, not solely you. Why do people have to keep using the "lol" everytime they post? It really isn't that funny.

Last edited:
1. Perfect control can happend, havent you seen players like Xavi, Totti, Messi, Zlatan ect trap a simple pass perfectly especially when unmarked?

superstar players unmarked yes, but not defenders under heavy pressure

1. pass assistance could turn into a pinball fest online, there should be just one setting and thats between manual and 1..

2. CPU AI should be more aggressive when a player beats the AI in a dribble, should try to slide tackle or barge player off to create a foul, that should only apply to specific type of player that has high aggression, and it will also create more fouls which alot of people are craving for.
3. CPU AI not crossing ball, if so very very minimal.
4. Fast players are too overpowered like Evra for example, i can run from one end to the pitch to the other on superstar, this would be avoided if point 1 is sorted.
5. If Konami dont want to tinker with the current setup, they can introduce a new difficulty mode for hardcore players and introduce the above points in that mode, the old winning eleven games had a 6 star difficulty level,
6. CPU AI can be too accurate at times with there adventurous passing, should be toned down if possible.
Apart from all that, im hooked on this demo and cannot wait for the game.

Back
Top Bottom