Problem with vsyc PES 2012

seph

Non-League
16 October 2008
Hey guys,

I got a problem with vsync in the full version of PES (was in the demo as well).

VSync on: Game is stuttering
Vsync off: Slowdowns and mad tearing
VSync D3D overrider: Much better than vsync by Konami
Triple buffering D3D + Vsync: Pretty much smooth.

I don't want to use tripple buffering though...so any idea where the problem is?

i5 2400
HD 6850
newest Catalyst

So and now the magic thing:

After trying stuff on and off and bla I closed D3DOverrider and went back to only vsync via the PES settings option. And guess what? Game is running still smooth. And I know I had this before but it'll go back to stuttering.

This is why I hate PC gaming.

are you playing with window mode?
I had the same problem then when I switched to full screen mode it's gone

Run Riva Tuner go to Driver settings and click customize then go to VSync and make it on Always On click apply and ok!
For me this worked!

I have to minimize the game(ALT-ENTER), go into task manager find your pes2012.exe in processes and set it to high priority. then continue with the game.

Another suggestion is to change your resolution in settings.exe, try a few different ones as i'm sure this also affects the stuttering.

I have to minimize the game(ALT-ENTER), go into task manager find your pes2012.exe in processes and set it to high priority. then continue with the game.

Yeah me too,but i made a .bat file to run pes2012.exe in high priority every time & put it in Konami program files folder/made a shortcut from it/changed icon to pes2012 one & then converted the .bat to .exe so when i double click it pes2012 automatically starts in high priority.If you want i can make one for you.

Last edited:
Have you tried catalyst control centre and setting anti aliasing mode to super sampling. Had to do this in pes 2011 with my hd 5770 as the game wasn't working the gpu hard enough and it was down clocking or something. Without doing that the game stuttered.

Thanks for the answers guys! I'd love such a .bat file as well if that helps. So you guys are sure it's not related to V-Sync? I didn't try this aliasing method as well. But with triple buffering via D3D overrider it worked fine so I thought it can only be related to VSYNC.

Have you tried catalyst control centre and setting anti aliasing mode to super sampling. Had to do this in pes 2011 with my hd 5770 as the game wasn't working the gpu hard enough and it was down clocking or something. Without doing that the game stuttered.

Do this. I can almost guarantee you it will work.

Yeah me too,but i made a .bat file to run pes2012.exe in high priority every time & put it in Konami program files folder/made a shortcut from it/changed icon to pes2012 one & then converted the .bat to .exe so when i double click it pes2012 automatically starts in high priority.If you want i can make one for you.

Can you post an example as i tried and failed miserably.

@ jammiedodger

open notepad / for 64 bit OS & presuming you have installed to default directory ... type

@echo off

cd /d "C:\Program Files (x86)\KONAMI\Pro Evolution Soccer 2012"

start /high pes2012.exe

--------------------------------------------------------------

For 32 bit OS & presuming you have installed to default directory ..type

@echo off

cd /d "C:\Program Files\KONAMI\Pro Evolution Soccer 2012"

start /high pes2012.exe

now save as pes2012.bat & run it .. pes2012 will now run in high priority.If you want to add the pes2012 icon to it you need to convert it to a .exe with THIS program.

Last edited:
Do this. I can almost guarantee you it will work.

It does work yeah, it also worked with pes2011 & 2010, but a lot of people have had problems with cut scenes stuttering with this, but if it works for you mate that's cool.

@ seph, try both ideas above mate, it can't hurt & it may help i don't know, what i do know is i have had similar problems & running in high priority sorts the problem for me.

Last edited:
@ jammiedodger

open notepad / for 64 bit OS & presuming you have installed to default directory ... type

@echo off

cd /d "C:\Program Files (x86)\KONAMI\Pro Evolution Soccer 2012"

start /high pes2012.exe

--------------------------------------------------------------

For 32 bit OS & presuming you have installed to default directory ..type

@echo off

cd /d "C:\Program Files\KONAMI\Pro Evolution Soccer 2012"

start /high pes2012.exe

now save as pes2012.bat & run it .. pes2012 will now run in high priority.If you want to add the pes2012 icon to it you need to convert it to a .exe with THIS program.

Really handy, nice one man.

@Hawke Doesn't Gamebooster help to run it in high priority? I did try Gamebooster and it seemed like it helps, but not sure whether it's just a placebo, cuz my game wasn't running too bad before that either.

@seph Cuz that's what D3D Overrider does lol. It helps with v-sync even if you didn't specify in pes2012 settings.

@Hawke Doesn't Gamebooster help to run it in high priority? I did try Gamebooster and it seemed like it helps, but not sure whether it's just a placebo, cuz my game wasn't running too bad before that either.

Yeah i think it does mate, but the beauty of a bat file is your not relying on a 3rd party app.

I should've known better. Today I started the game, same settings, drivers etc. as yesterday and stuttering is back in full forche. What the hell?

I then tried alt tab out of it and change the priority to high. Didn't help with the stuttering. So once again I disabled v-sync in the PES options then, started D3D overrider and no stuttering. Problem here: With this setting my FPS go down to 30 in all replays, close ups etc. which is a JOKE because I know they could run in 60. In fact they ran in 60 whenever this stupid stuttering didn't happen without D3D overrider, like yesterday.

So the problem is DEFINITLY related to v-Sync. But I have NO idea why it sometimes work and sometimes it doesn't. It seems so random. I swear to god, I didn't change anything from yesterday to doday, yesterday everything smooth with v-sync in PES settings, today a broken mess. I had the same problem with the demo which was first smooth and then started the stuttering. What the hell is this? It has to be some game related bug. I don't know what to do now. :( I'd use D3D overrider but I'm not so happy with 30FPS in replays when I actually know they could run at 60 as well.

This game is a mess in terms of optimization!

Last edited:
Me too..I have problems and little freezing at the end of replays..during the LOGO of competition animation...(PES logo if it is a friendly match, or Champions League one if I'm playng in champions league mode)...what can I do to fix it? PES 2011 never gave me these kinds of troubles...

yeah, just use the files from the thread i posted above & you should not get the freeze any more.

they work fine for me mate/extract with winrar/copy to kitserver/dt06.img folder

Just by the off chance , you haven't got frame skipping enabled in the pes2012 settings have you ? ,..cos that will cause replays to run at 30fps.D3Doverrider should not do that,.. & you might also want to try the 11.10 preview drivers from AMD, they run pes2012 very well for me. -> http://downloads.guru3d.com/Catalyst-11.10-Preview-Win-Vista-7-32-and-64-bit-download-2795.html ( These drivers are only for Win7/Vista x32 & x64.. not for XP )

I have those drivers installed and frame skipping is deactivated... :RANT:

I have those drivers installed and frame skipping is deactivated... :RANT:

very strange mate, i'm out of ideas ...sorry...EDIT: PC Power Options = High Performance ?

Last edited:
very strange mate, i'm out of ideas ...sorry...EDIT: PC Power Options = High Performance ?

Thanks the same mate...I noticed that the animated scenes in MAIN menu are little shaky aswell...btw the game run smooth..I think I can not complain so much though...

1080p, 22 inch.

When it was working without D3D Overrider and stuttering everything was running @rock solid 60FPS so it's certailny not the problem that my system isn't fast enoug.

Back
Top Bottom