The "Not happy with PES 2012" thread

Which PES 2012 version do you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
After a good lay off from his game I decided to have a fresh new start. So after my disappointing experiences on friendlies and Leagues, I decided to have a go at Master League (as if I didn't get enough frustrations before).

Mind you, I'm playing on Top Player - even though I purchased Super Star level - thinking I'd have a more playable ML experience. But how wrong I was!

My defenders simply cannot brush the CPU off the ball. Neither the guy I'm controlling, nor my AI teammates, who are even more hopeless than I. Whenever I put a foot out for a challenge I make a foul, only get the ball 1 out of 10 times. The success rate of challenges is ridiculous and the worst part is that the AI overrides their own players' stats and anyone can be a Messi. Or a Maradona on amphetamines or something! :P
Well, I'm not very happy about other aspects, such as playmaking, but for me the main issue is defending against this invincible AI. This game is simply broken for me.

I don't enjoy it anymore and invariably end a gaming session in frustration or anger. There always comes the moment when I say "That's it, I'm done"! This time I recorded what the CPU did to me and post here, have a look guys and tell me what you think: YouTube - PES 2012 hideous bug

I'm Leeds United (white), I'm controlling Jaric (no.3) at first. Note how another defender doubles up on the CPU, but they just don't stick a foot out for a challenge. It's not as if the CPU attacker is protecting the ball very well, as you can see. The AI defender who came to my aid seems to be over slippery ice.
So somehow he manages to pass the ball to the other guy. I'm controlling Palmieri now (and almost commit a penalty). The CPU loses control of the ball and now I'd think I got the situation under control (0:27). But my other "AI" defender wanted a plot twist, so he dispossesses his teammate to give the CPU another go. From this point on I didn't have any control over my players anymore.
Now here's the supernatural bit: the CPU attacker shoots and the ball goes through my player's leg and into the back of my net. There, there's your script. It was like the 85th minute and the match was 0-0.
This "ghost effect" of the ball isn't a freakish rare thing in this game. It happens too often, mostly in the middle of the park, low passes going undeflected through players.
This short clip kind of summarises in a nutshell my frustrations with this game.

This is the worst piece of crap Konami ever had the nerve to release - and it looks as though it gets worse with every update.
I want to see the 2013 demo and if the game is still going in this same direction, that's it for me, RIP PES/Winning Eleven. After almost 15 years of loyalty.

After a good lay off from his game I decided to have a fresh new start. So after my disappointing experiences on friendlies and Leagues, I decided to have a go at Master League (as if I didn't get enough frustrations before).

Mind you, I'm playing on Top Player - even though I purchased Super Star level - thinking I'd have a more playable ML experience. But how wrong I was!

My defenders simply cannot brush the CPU off the ball. Neither the guy I'm controlling, nor my AI teammates, who are even more hopeless than I. Whenever I put a foot out for a challenge I make a foul, only get the ball 1 out of 10 times. The success rate of challenges is ridiculous and the worst part is that the AI overrides their own players' stats and anyone can be a Messi. Or a Maradona on amphetamines or something! :P
Well, I'm not very happy about other aspects, such as playmaking, but for me the main issue is defending against this invincible AI. This game is simply broken for me.

I don't enjoy it anymore and invariably end a gaming session in frustration or anger. There always comes the moment when I say "That's it, I'm done"! This time I recorded what the CPU did to me and post here, have a look guys and tell me what you think: YouTube - PES 2012 hideous bug

I'm Leeds United (white), I'm controlling Jaric (no.3) at first. Note how another defender doubles up on the CPU, but they just don't stick a foot out for a challenge. It's not as if the CPU attacker is protecting the ball very well, as you can see. The AI defender who came to my aid seems to be over slippery ice.
So somehow he manages to pass the ball to the other guy. I'm controlling Palmieri now (and almost commit a penalty). The CPU loses control of the ball and now I'd think I got the situation under control (0:27). But my other "AI" defender wanted a plot twist, so he dispossesses his teammate to give the CPU another go. From this point on I didn't have any control over my players anymore.
Now here's the supernatural bit: the CPU attacker shoots and the ball goes through my player's leg and into the back of my net. There, there's your script. It was like the 85th minute and the match was 0-0.
This "ghost effect" of the ball isn't a freakish rare thing in this game. It happens too often, mostly in the middle of the park, low passes going undeflected through players.
This short clip kind of summarises in a nutshell my frustrations with this game.

This is the worst piece of crap Konami ever had the nerve to release - and it looks as though it gets worse with every update.
I want to see the 2013 demo and if the game is still going in this same direction, that's it for me, RIP PES/Winning Eleven. After almost 15 years of loyalty.

That's erm.....pretty bad dude lol.

See, I can play it, but I know its faults. But for people to say NOTHING but niceties about the game....well I don't know, they can't be playing the same game as me, you and about 70% of the PES world.

For all the discussions, tactics, defend this way, the game will respect you blah blah blah, things like this happen all the time. It's just plain old fashioned f'kin you over. Nothing more, nothing less. What can you say, the videos say it all. The first attacker should have been tackled twice, maybe three times. Then the follow up probably should have been a penalty which wasn't given, then your two players collide like divs, then their other attacker hits it between your defenders internal organs or something. Yeah, pretty bad.

That's erm.....pretty bad dude lol.

See, I can play it, but I know its faults. But for people to say NOTHING but niceties about the game....well I don't know, they can't be playing the same game as me, you and about 70% of the PES world.

For all the discussions, tactics, defend this way, the game will respect you blah blah blah, things like this happen all the time. It's just plain old fashioned f'kin you over. Nothing more, nothing less. What can you say, the videos say it all. The first attacker should have been tackled twice, maybe three times. Then the follow up probably should have been a penalty which wasn't given, then your two players collide like divs, then their other attacker hits it between your defenders internal organs or something. Yeah, pretty bad.

Well, I'm playing the American version (BLUS). :D
I don't know if the AI cheating/scripting is even worse in the BLUS version, but I can tell you it's pretty pretty bad.

When I play FIFA I don't really enjoy it either but I certainly don't feel robbed every time I play it. At this point I can say I've switched to FIFA this year. It's just that I really miss the ML experience. I'm even considering getting back to PES 2011!

Sorry dude but you can't play on the hardest level the game has to offer and then complain the AI is invincible lol. It's hard even on some of the other levels! You should have left the AI defender against the player and had your player mark the guy in the middle :P

But on a more serious note, when you're a defender chasing a guy into the box and he can stop and turn, unlike FIFA, the defender gets wrong footed and can't magically make up the ground over that first step. I agree there's times when the reaction time is too slow but I don't think that part of it was as big an issue.

The goal got scored because you got nutmegged. The animation looked terrible but there's also animations where if you look from different angles, cracking volleys look to be hit with player's knees instead of their feet. I'd say it's poor animations and not blatant cheating. I mean if the animation worked properly and it went straight through his legs, what would you say?...errr scratch that haha

Sorry dude but you can't play on the hardest level the game has to offer and then complain the AI is invincible lol. It's hard even on some of the other levels! You should have left the AI defender against the player and had your player mark the guy in the middle :P

But on a more serious note, when you're a defender chasing a guy into the box and he can stop and turn, unlike FIFA, the defender gets wrong footed and can't magically make up the ground over that first step. I agree there's times when the reaction time is too slow but I don't think that part of it was as big an issue.

The goal got scored because you got nutmegged. The animation looked terrible but there's also animations where if you look from different angles, cracking volleys look to be hit with player's knees instead of their feet. I'd say it's poor animations and not blatant cheating. I mean if the animation worked properly and it went straight through his legs, what would you say?...errr scratch that haha

Calcio, I love guys like you and Jim, just unbelievable on times in the glare of irrefutable evidence lol, you two could sell sand to the Arabs with your positive spin :P

Good on you I say, keep flying the flag for PES!!

On a serious note, I had a couple of better games on the console tonight. Won 3-2 v Norwich then 1-1 v Bolton, games played very well on Superstar. I'm also starting to get convinced that modding the game on the PC does take a little of the fun element of the game and kind of stifles the player runs. If only this game was a little slower, if only players had realistic acceleration, and if only the CPU was a little more patient in its build up play, we'd be onto a winner.

No, you see, I was playing on Top Player. It's equivalent to "5 stars" of the old days. Super Star is the 6 star level.

I see a lot of people telling me how to defend, and I'm not arrogant, I try the advices... But believe me, I tried many many times using the 'square' command, leaving the AI to do the defending while I cover other attackers or passing lanes. But when I do that, my AI controlled defender always end up bamboozled and turned inside out by the CPU. The CPU do his little break and turn, and the AI controlled guy always runs past him like a truck on the loose. It's ridiculous.

What bugs me is the fact that I knew what he would do, and I pressed 'X', the ball was there for the taking. the 1st attacker wasn't even protecting, but Jaric just stood on the side, as if there was an invisible wall not letting him get his body across the attacker or just stretch a foot out.
As for the AI controlled defender, he was even worse.
I just don't know what to do! I've been playing this since Winning Eleven 3, yet I feel nothing I've ever learned, defence wise, applies to this game.

As for the "nutmeg", I could accept that no prob. But the fact is that, as I said before, this happens way too often! I put my defender in the way of the shot to block it, and I could accept it now and then... but it's always like 50/50! This gets on my nerves.

As for the animation itself, well... this didn't happen on PSOne, or PS2 or PES2011. Like I said, I've been playing it all those years, I like to watch my replays carefully and I can't remember mind boggling stuff like this. Ghost balls and all that? I'm through with this game mate.

Calcio, I love guys like you and Jim, just unbelievable on times in the glare of irrefutable evidence lol, you two could sell sand to the Arabs with your positive spin :P

Good on you I say, keep flying the flag for PES!!

On a serious note, I had a couple of better games on the console tonight. Won 3-2 v Norwich then 1-1 v Bolton, games played very well on Superstar. I'm also starting to get convinced that modding the game on the PC does take a little of the fun element of the game and kind of stifles the player runs. If only this game was a little slower, if only players had realistic acceleration, and if only the CPU was a little more patient in its build up play, we'd be onto a winner.

LOL - but if you guys read my posts, i DO admit there are issues/problems! All I'm saying is that the animations make things look really bad and blatant at times, when some of the time there's nothing that cheatworthy about it but the way it looks on closer inspection would lead you to believe otherwise.

No, you see, I was playing on Top Player. It's equivalent to "5 stars" of the old days. Super Star is the 6 star level.

I see a lot of people telling me how to defend, and I'm not arrogant, I try the advices... But believe me, I tried many many times using the 'square' command, leaving the AI to do the defending while I cover other attackers or passing lanes. But when I do that, my AI controlled defender always end up bamboozled and turned inside out by the CPU. The CPU do his little break and turn, and the AI controlled guy always runs past him like a truck on the loose. It's ridiculous.

What bugs me is the fact that I knew what he would do, and I pressed 'X', the ball was there for the taking. the 1st attacker wasn't even protecting, but Jaric just stood on the side, as if there was an invisible wall not letting him get his body across the attacker or just stretch a foot out.
As for the AI controlled defender, he was even worse.
I just don't know what to do! I've been playing this since Winning Eleven 3, yet I feel nothing I've ever learned, defence wise, applies to this game.

As for the "nutmeg", I could accept that no prob. But the fact is that, as I said before, this happens way too often! I put my defender in the way of the shot to block it, and I could accept it now and then... but it's always like 50/50! This gets on my nerves.

As for the animation itself, well... this didn't happen on PSOne, or PS2 or PES2011. Like I said, I've been playing it all those years, I like to watch my replays carefully and I can't remember mind boggling stuff like this. Ghost balls and all that? I'm through with this game mate.

Ah ok fair enough. My main gripe is how the game tends to play at night on certain pitches and the speed of the game can be too quick sometimes. I can understand your frustrations though.

Having said that, there are lots of times where I get that sick feeling that I've just been cheated because a deflection goes their way and bang they miss the shot. and then again...and again they miss. But in some games they're clinical and every chance goes their way.

The main thing I think they need to improve though is feeling more like you're in control of the player. If they did that, then I think most people wouldn't feel as angry sometimes?

Weel, this game is broken and I was stunned by one of Methab qoutes, one of the gameplaypatch makers here on the forums

he said:
Looking at the game engine, the Opponent AI Marking, Compactness and Pressing seems to be greater than the Human AI's one and the most surprising thing is that, it was a part of debugging that they forgot to remove as it has been said on one of the comments.

Can you believe this after three patches?
This proves what a bunch of ******* and lairs KONAMI are...
A few days ago I've posted this qoute on the KONAMI facebook page, without mentioning his name and I change the qoute so they couldn't track it down via google search. It was removed after 2 minutes...

I put my hope on the gameplaypatch makers, they've made big improvements in all aspects. They fixed almost every flaw so far, but not all fixes were included in one patch, because when you fix one thing another thing got broken.
It's a matter of balancing every aspect now.

I would leave the quote and name exactly as it is if I were you. Let them know what the community is doing and we're not just a bunch of mad fans.

I would leave the quote and name exactly as it is if I were you. Let them know what the community is doing and we're not just a bunch of mad fans.

If there was a genuine issue forgotten behind and it can be fixed, there's no reason why we shouldn't be pushing it at Konami. There's still 6 months until a new game is released I'm guessing, which means they should be giving us a 1.04 patch to fix this if it's a real issue, since we have such a long time of gameplay left on this version.

Needs someone with weight to raise it, rather than just a quote on their facebook page.

Yeah, you've got a point, but I didn't want to bring Methab/Yair/Nesa24 in trouble, because these patches are build on the cracked DVD exe

I'm sure the developers already are aware that people are making gameplay patches. It's all over the forums lol. If they wanted to make trouble, they'd find the people uploading the patches. On the contrary, I think they'd appreciate being made aware of coding errors...or would they :P

Weel, this game is broken and I was stunned by one of Methab qoutes, one of the gameplaypatch makers here on the forums

he said:

Can you believe this after three patches?
This proves what a bunch of ******* and lairs KONAMI are...
A few days ago I've posted this qoute on the KONAMI facebook page, without mentioning his name and I change the qoute so they couldn't track it down via google search. It was removed after 2 minutes...

I put my hope on the gameplaypatch makers, they've made big improvements in all aspects. They fixed almost every flaw so far, but not all fixes were included in one patch, because when you fix one thing another thing got broken.
It's a matter of balancing every aspect now.

Yeah it's poor stuff.

Look all we want is for the CPU to have the same set of governing rules as the human player. Let's at least start each of us with a blank canvass.

THEN, if tactics, individuality and game management beat the human player, then fair enough. But right now, it feels like I'm playing the game just to beat 'a game', rather than playing football against an adversary on equal footing in terms of things that should always be equal ie CPU player speed 72, human speed 85, I out run him. Human strength 75, CPU strength 82, he out muscles me, etc. The stats should govern the individual battles, but as it stands at the moment the CPU looks like it has just been boosted with regards to everything, which makes it just 'trying to beat code'.

Isn't the the same with every game though? The normal/regular setting being the same stats you see etc, and the higher setting you go the harder it gets by boosting stats further. I'm not sure how would they make it harder without boosting stats tbh. I don't mind the stat boosting, I just mind the scripting and cpu favouring that happens in highest settings.

Regular diificulty is way too easy and not realistic.
I've been testing this game a lot on professional level and top player level and I'm pretty sure that AI cheating is triggered by low form levels. Form arrows influence the stats and that's a good thing.
This is the table taken from PES5 guide, I doubt Konami changed anything in this department.

http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/1818/pes5guideformarrowsscanzyg23bm.jpg

I agree that there has to be a difference but some things get a +12% stats boost and other things a -18% handicap.
Isn't that exaggerated?
I avoid players in my lineup with blue or purple arrows, but sometimes you have no other choice. Especially in competion matches form arrows are much worse then in exhibition matches.
When I play exhibition matches against the CPU and I choose in the settings for exellent shape arrows for my team and normal green arrows for the CPU team, the game got more balanced.
Then a weak team plays like a weak team and good team like a good team.

Man that pic is ages ago, lol. Zygalski and pesinsight eh. Damn crazy times.

Anyway, what I find weird is Konami not supplying that chart in their booklet that comes with each game.

We need every little info!

I`d like to ask Jon Murphy, Seabass or anyother konami s.o.b, WHAT HAPPENED TO DEMO 2 CODE? Was it a fluke? Is it a joke? Why is retail so FUCKING Buggy???? Who knows the answer to this????

AH AH AH...yes, yes... i must have imagined it,yes i see now... all in my head! Must face the truth, this retail version IS the demo. Yes i see now. I swear i...played a good PES...in the summer...my imagination, surely...

Just give pes 2012 one more chance after months. Its worse than i remembered. The game is shocking, if youd have said to me my beloved pes 5 and 6 would still be better than 2012 id have laughed in your face. So dissapointing, i was england against UAE on proffesional and was winning 2-0 at half time, got beat 3-2 and every single goal was the same. My defence parting like the red sea. 2013 needs massive improvements in al shooting goalkeepers everything. Even that blur effect gets on my nerves, what is it there for?. Rant over.

You guys only realize now that the game sucks ? I realized it sucked big time after the 2nd demo came out. 1st demo = promising (GKs were the only bug they needed to fix), 2nd demo = absolute crap. Only Konami could mess up the gameplay that bad from one demo to the next.

To be honest, the moment I first laid eyes on the 1st Demo I thought 'oh crap!'. I don't know, I just played 3 or 4 matches with my mates, I couldn't quite put my finger on it, I just didn't like what I saw at all.

This game is shocking indeed. It's fair to say that PES kind of lost its way in the PS3/X360 generation. But in fairness, PES 2011 was a very good game, maybe the best of this generation. So to go from that to this... How the hell did that happen?

I'm officially going back to PES 2011. I need my Master League fix, and this PES 2012 just doesn't fly!

I play on top player, on 0-1 pass assistance and i think pes2012 is the best game in the series. Obviously there are small bugs that happen on occasions but nothing that's ruining my experience this year. I have it patched with all the usual stuff adboards chants stadiums.

I will be playing til 2013 and hoping for further improvements. But i have to say pes6 my favorite since its release hasn't been touched for months.

To be honest, the moment I first laid eyes on the 1st Demo I thought 'oh crap!'. I don't know, I just played 3 or 4 matches with my mates, I couldn't quite put my finger on it, I just didn't like what I saw at all.

This game is shocking indeed. It's fair to say that PES kind of lost its way in the PS3/X360 generation. But in fairness, PES 2011 was a very good game, maybe the best of this generation. So to go from that to this... How the hell did that happen?

I'm officially going back to PES 2011. I need my Master League fix, and this PES 2012 just doesn't fly!

I prefer the way the players move in 2011.2012 feels more like FIFA which is a bad thing because the inertia is sh*t in FIFA.

Back
Top Bottom