Nintendo DS / 3DS / Wii / Wii U

Re: Nintendo Wii + DS

3ds could cost $300 (190.99):

For everyone who got excited about the Nintendo 3DS after its announcement at E3 earlier this year, you only have yourselves to blame for the price. According to Bloomberg.co.jp (via Andriasang), Nintendo’s CEO Satoru Iwata suggested that the hefty price tag of ¥25,000 yen ($300.00 USD) was based upon many factors including the media and fan reaction to the system’s official E3 reveal.

It was also stated that Nintendo had originally planned to release the upcoming handheld within this fiscal year, but after considering supply chains and the product’s level of completion decided that February would be a much better date.

Really interested in the 3DS but not sure I can go with £200 for a games console, and a handheld at that. I'm planning to get married next October so that's a lot of money for me (well, for most people).

It's far too much money for my liking too, also watched the trailer/ teaser for the DOA game, and it looked very ropey. I know everyone will say how 2d videos wont do the games justice, and they are early, but really what it showed, I would expect the PSP to do.

Gutted it not gonna be released before christmas. Was planning on importing a japanese 3DS. Def gonna get on release day though, for me it looks brilliant, the software line up is crazy, SSFIV looks sick and so does MGS 3DS.

For me it is not about having huge graphical power as it is not needed. From what I have seen the graphics are fine and lets be honest it is about software and that is where the 3DS shines.

Also the 3DS is more powerful than a PSP, Yeah ridge racer and DOA alive may not look great but come on man, watch the RE and MGS trailers. The PSP could never push this stuff out!

Last edited:

I havent seen all the trailer or videos out there, I was just saying I happened to see one and thought, that's PSP power there.

The launch line up is yet to be finalised, but for now, I dont commute to work, and I basically only get to play my DS or PSP when I'm on a plane heading on holiday, which is once a year. So it's too much an expense on something that will be idle longer than Santa's sack....

Not sure if this is the best place to ask, I'm buying a DS for my little 4 year old girl. She has no experience of gaming, had a few shots at the WII, but she's been harping on about a DS now for most of the year, so getting it for her Xmas.

I've tried to make a list up of games that a total newbie kid can get into, does anyone know of really easy games for a little one to get into could be?

TIA

FD

Shaun the Sheep games, Nintendogs seem to appeal to a very wide range of kids, I aint sure how complicated it is though.

Thanks mate, yeah I did think about Nintendogs myself. Really just basic games I'm looking at, got some of her favourite things in (not sure how the games are though) like Fifi, Peppa Pig, Alvin, games of that ilk.

FD

Yeah Peppa is simple but decent I think. As you say, it's simple interaction with kids characters they know which makes the games, and it's very hard to see a review given from a child's perspective. Have you gone to whattheyplay.com They might should you some reviews. Maybe a Lego game too? Though I suspect at her age she would have no clue what Star Wars, Indiana Jones or Batman is.

Cheers mate.

LOL, actually with me being a big Star Wars fan, she does know. And I've actually added a couple of games to the list to get and Star Wars and Indy Lego games are there too................. LOL.

FD

Getting my sis a DSi XL for her birthday (she said she wanted one), are there any essential accessories etc. you should get?

Also what are the best games? I don't know much about DS games but was thinking Mario Kart DS and New Super Mario Bros. any suggestions welcome :).

Get it quick, decent price

As for games, the Professor Layton games arent too bad. GTA Chinatown Wars is a classic, though it may not be for your sister, for me, it's the Best DS game I have played.

pre-ordered a black 3ds with pes 2011 today.anybody done the same?

looks just too tempting and cool to not get one, never had a ds but can not wait to actually play mario and co again, last time i did was on my original gameboy back in 93 or something like that :CONFUSE:

I really want one, but cannot afford £200+ at the moment.

I'll wait till they come down, but I'm definitely getting one.

Considering it but £225 or so is a bit too much for a handheld and one game really.

yep quite a lot...really had to think hard if i wanted to do it, but heck, why not. haven't owned a handheld in 5 years so i'm going to treat myself now.

got it from amazon fr btw, 224€ + 5€ shipping which is around 194 or something quid.

but yeah, the game is really pushing the price up

Also, I want the Red one so I'm happy to wait.

Can't wait till they do a Smash Bros that would be insane in 3D.

pre-ordered a black 3ds with pes 2011 today.anybody done the same?

looks just too tempting and cool to not get one, never had a ds but can not wait to actually play mario and co again, last time i did was on my original gameboy back in 93 or something like that :CONFUSE:

I pre-ordered Aqua blue with SFIV and Pilotwings. Will probably get PES also!

Cant wait for 3DS, gonna be sick!!

I pre-ordered the Aqua Blue 3DS as well. £199 from ShopTo.net. Im still in two minds about going through with the order as the launch line up is underwhelming. The only game im really interested in is PES 2011 3D and maybe Super Street Fighter IV 3D. I was hoping that Ocarina of Time would be out at launch but thats only coming out in June. Plus the eShop wont be available until May so maybe I should wait until the initial hype is gone and maybe prices are a bit cheaper.

After you've paid the fees you'll lose £20+ of it though (assuming it sells for £200+).

Better off selling on Playtrade, that way you pay nothing to sell and get all of the money.

having preordered a while ago. I managed to get a shot of one in a GAME store and all i can say is that it exceeds expectations.

The 3D element is crazy. I had no idea it would be so pronouned.

Definately keeping my preorder.

Back
Top Bottom