Retro Gaming (football and others)

Re: Retro Games (football and others)

I think I still have my old Commodore 64 in a box somewhere at my parents house. It never broke down for me :DD

It will probably still work if I got it out of the box and set it up - don't see why not.

I loved my commodore 64 :DD

I think I still have my old Commodore 64 in a box somewhere at my parents house. It never broke down for me :DD

It will probably still work if I got it out of the box and set it up - don't see why not.

I loved my commodore 64 :DD
Boxy, mine did still work up until about 2005, One day I got it back out of the loft and fired it up, got the light blue background (which is usually the border) but didnt get the dark blue centre piece with the usual Commodore 64

64K Ram System
Basic
Ready.

It was a sad day, that was the 1st computer id ever touched!

Boxy, mine did still work up until about 2005, One day I got it back out of the loft and fired it up, got the light blue background (which is usually the border) but didnt get the dark blue centre piece with the usual Commodore 64

64K Ram System
Basic
Ready.

It was a sad day, that was the 1st computer id ever touched!

It was mine and my brothers first computer and it was great Fun. Its the one that started it all off for me.

It was mine and my brothers first computer and it was great Fun. Its the one that started it all off for me.
Me too Boxy and back in them days I was interested in the Programming side of things too... then I just got fed up with typing in the usual crap of

10 Print"Welcome to your game! this should be fun after typing out a million lines of code"

then when I type RUN I get the Syntax Error at line 65536.... ah fuck it cant be bothered to check through all the coding again!!

Me too Boxy and back in them days I was interested in the Programming side of things too... then I just got fed up with typing in the usual crap of

10 Print"Welcome to your game! this should be fun after typing out a million lines of code"

then when I type RUN I get the Syntax Error at line 65536.... ah fuck it cant be bothered to check through all the coding again!!

That coding stuff was funny. I have told this before somewhere - but I Remember doing a whole load of stuff sat there for Hours and when I had finished it was just a ball bouncing around the screen. Not even a ball just a white dot!!

So that was the First and last time I did any of that stuff :LOL:

That coding stuff was funny. I have told this before somewhere - but I Remember doing a whole load of stuff sat there for Hours and when I had finished it was just a ball bouncing around the screen. Not even a ball just a white dot!!

Mate that program was in the C64 Manual!!! I remember typing out the exact same thing and at first I was like "YEAH I DONE IT!!" then 2 2 minutes later "Meh just some stupid ball bouncing across the screen!" Then I decided to port a Gun Shot sound effect from another game to it so that everytime the ball hit the edge of the screen you would hear the Shot... It drove my sister up the wall and she turned it off at the plug!

Mate that program was in the C64 Manual!!! I remember typing out the exact same thing and at first I was like "YEAH I DONE IT!!" then 2 2 minutes later "Meh just some stupid ball bouncing across the screen!" Then I decided to port a Gun Shot sound effect from another game to it so that everytime the ball hit the edge of the screen you would hear the Shot... It drove my sister up the wall and she turned it off at the plug!

Thats the one - I'm impressed at the Gun Shot thing.

I did get excited for about a minute aswell - But It soon wore off :LOL:

Thats the one - I'm impressed at the Gun Shot thing.

I did get excited for about a minute aswell - But It soon wore off :LOL:
lol I think I was only about 6 or 7 when I did that Boxy.. oh the C64 brought back so many Memories mate! I used to Cain Ghostbusters all the time, I was impressed by the fact the C64 could generate a voice to say "GHOSTBUSTERS" and the "HAHAHAHAHAHAHA" laughing!!

lol I think I was only about 6 or 7 when I did that Boxy.. oh the C64 brought back so many Memories mate! I used to Cain Ghostbusters all the time, I was impressed by the fact the C64 could generate a voice to say "GHOSTBUSTERS" and the "HAHAHAHAHAHAHA" laughing!!

I remember when I got Robo Cop and when the loading screen came up - I thought they were the best graphics I had ever seen!! - Just like the Film!!

But I think someone showed me a picture of it a couple of years ago and it was Rubbish :LOL:

Its amazing how far games have come along - it really is :))

I always that that, Bobby.

Imagine you could go back to the C64 days and show someone a game like Assassin's Creed and tell that this is how much video games will improve.

I always that that, Bobby.

Imagine you could go back to the C64 days and show someone a game like Assassin's Creed and tell that this is how much video games will improve.

I think my head would have exploded if somebody showed me that back in the day - I wouldn't have been able to comprehend it.

LOL! I used to program loads in BASIC. I first got an Atari2600 console as a total risk buy by my folks for XMas. I loved it - so then they got me an Atari 800XL - which is where I first started to learn BASIC.

Once I got the C64, I was pretty decent at BASIC and used to make quite a lot of games. Rememeber drawing out no end of 8x8 graphs used to make fonts and graphics with the PEEK and POKE codes!

Invariably though, I would set out to make a Football/Cricket/Baseball/Boxing/Wrestling style management game and get so far in and lose heart.

All that has stood me in good stead now they as I'm quite the competent PHP programmer and has/will earn me some decent money soon I hope! :)

Yea, that was awesome! "MUUUUM, THE COMPUTER IS TALKING!!!" - think I found it by accident when I leant on the space bar.... "GHOSTBUSTERS!" it shouted. So then, you had to time it in with the MIDI music on the title screen :D

I remember having an awesome gaming compedium which I got with the C64 - had 10 sports games on - Wrestling, 4th and Inches, Hardball... wow... cannot remember what else, but it was fantastic!

Ahhhhhh....

LOL! I used to program loads in BASIC. I first got an Atari2600 console as a total risk buy by my folks for XMas. I loved it - so then they got me an Atari 800XL - which is where I first started to learn BASIC.

Once I got the C64, I was pretty decent at BASIC and used to make quite a lot of games. Rememeber drawing out no end of 8x8 graphs used to make fonts and graphics with the PEEK and POKE codes!

Invariably though, I would set out to make a Football/Cricket/Baseball/Boxing/Wrestling style management game and get so far in and lose heart.

All that has stood me in good stead now they as I'm quite the competent PHP programmer and has/will earn me some decent money soon I hope! :)

Yea, that was awesome! "MUUUUM, THE COMPUTER IS TALKING!!!" - think I found it by accident when I leant on the space bar.... "GHOSTBUSTERS!" it shouted. So then, you had to time it in with the MIDI music on the title screen :D

I remember having an awesome gaming compedium which I got with the C64 - had 10 sports games on - Wrestling, 4th and Inches, Hardball... wow... cannot remember what else, but it was fantastic!

Ahhhhhh....
Mate I used a C64 emulator on the PSP and of course used the tape image for GHOSTBUSTERS and oh my god it sounds hilarious! I just had to capture it and use it as my Mobile Phone Text Alert!!

I absolutely LOVED my C64! Even when most people I knew were playing games consoles all I needed was my C64! When we got a decent PC at the time that was when I stopped using the thing, and then SWOS got me hooked on the PC!

Just grabbed ScummVM and got a few games to play on it :DD

Indiana Jones And The Fate Of Atlantis
Beneath A Steel Sky
Broken Sword
Broken Sword II
Day Of The Tentacle
The Dig
Flight Of The Amazon Queen
Full Throttle
Gobliiins
Indy 3
Inherit The Earth
The Secret Of Monkey Island
Monkey Island 2
Sam And Max
Simon The Sorcerer
Zak McKracken

Good times! :))

Presuming the copyright etc. has expired on those and they're all legal to download... *Cough*

They're abandonware, the games are over ten years old at least :LOL:

A couple of them are even available on the ScummVM website itself too :)

Just making sure, I'm on an anti-piracy mission today. :ram:

Just grabbed ScummVM and got a few games to play on it :DD

Indiana Jones And The Fate Of Atlantis
Beneath A Steel Sky
Broken Sword
Broken Sword II
Day Of The Tentacle
The Dig
Flight Of The Amazon Queen
Full Throttle
Gobliiins
Indy 3
Inherit The Earth
The Secret Of Monkey Island
Monkey Island 2
Sam And Max
Simon The Sorcerer
Zak McKracken

Good times! :))
Zak McKracken! Great game, probably the first I ever played. My uncle gave it us for our first ever PC, I could never complete it (I was very young though).

picture-4.png

:w00t:

Presuming the copyright etc. has expired on those and they're all legal to download... *Cough*

And since Sam and Max is still developping and sold for example, it's not abandonware. It's not about the age of the game, you have to be sure the license is not used anymore, anywhere.

I bought "So Blonde" yesterday, a new point n click game on PC. That's the only type of game I'm glad to see surviving on PC.

Once a year I do all my P&C games. It was amazing to see that Indiana Jones contained 3 "differing paths to the completion of the game and many alternative ways to solve puzzles", depending on the way you wanted to play : "co-operation (Indy and Sophia), adventure (Indy alone), and action (Indy alone, with less puzzles and more action))". Amazing game.

More of the ancient consoles i owned in the 80's:

odyssey_3000sys.JPG

odyssey_300detail.jpg

3000tennis.jpg
3000hockey.jpg
3000smash.jpg

2600.jpg

:lol:

Look what I've just inherited.

SNV81496.jpg

With the original non-dual shock or digital analogue controllers.

SNV81497.jpg

Just one issue though.

The startup screens load fine, the white background one with the orange SCE logo, and the black background PS logo screens come up nicely, and then this happens.

SNV81498.jpg

Which is bloody weird, because a) it appears very glitchy, and b) I remember mine being grey boxes with two logos in the middle. I don't know whats wrong with it.

Any suggestions?

SNV81499.jpg

Oh yeah, I've now got a rediculous amount of Playstation controllers.

Not all are shown but...

2x PS1 original controller.
2x Dual Shock 1.
3x Dual Shock 2.
2x SIXAXIS
1x Dual Shock 3.

The first football title I ever played was World Cup Soccer on the NES. Anyone remember that. If I remember correctly holding down A & B made the player do a bycicle kick.

nintendo-world-cup-1.png

SWOS 95-96 on the PC with a joystick was one of the best football games I have ever played. I have 96-97 installed on YDL 6.0 (Linux) via E-UAE on my PS3 so I can play it anytime now!

World Cup USA 94 on the SNES was also quite fun. I remember my brother picking that up from Woolworths.

05_8.JPG

FIFA 98 RTWC was brilliant. Still love those indoor matches and the amount of teams. I hope they bring indoor matches with the new game engine to FIFA 09.
:))

Anyone own a 3DO here like me? I remember FIFA Internation Soccer and also Killing Time which was quite scary.

pan-3do.jpg

Also how about the Atari Jaguar. Had perhaps one of the best shooters ever Alien VS Predator. Still one of a few games/films where I actually shat myself. :LOL:

jaguar.jpg

alienvsp.jpg

Back
Top Bottom