Nintendo DS / 3DS / Wii / Wii U

Re: Nintendo DS - Official Thread

ashmufc said:
No PES though :( and web browser.

Well PES is meant to be coming hence the thread below, and I believe a Web Browser is in the works along with a Digital TV tuner for it .

The waiting LOL! By the time they come out PS3/Wii will be out!

It was in an Edge recently, so cant remember the date they reckoned, certainly I would expect them demo'd at TGS

Ok guys, some great news!

You can now pre-order the DS Lite! :) Its release on the 23rd June priced at £99.99. It will launch in two colours, Black & White.

So get one quick!

btw its £20 to pre-order :)

Adonis, how much would I get if I traded in a DS and some games at GAME? Not much now I'd imagine?

Are DS prices for the old model going cheap now? Or is everyone going for the older model becasue they think it is cheaper, thus driving upprices. Let me check.

JayM said:
Adonis, how much would I get if I traded in a DS and some games at GAME? Not much now I'd imagine?

yeh kobashi is right, you'd get £40 for the DS.

as for the game it varies really on the title, couldnt really give you set prices. Like Ive said before usually GAME are the worst for trade-ins. It can be £1 or £2, but sometimes your talking much more. So just look around before you trade.

As for the older DS prices, its just £10 less than the DS Lite. From what we've been told Nintendo are gonna phase out the older model pretty quick. Apparently it'll be gone before Xmas.

Re: Nintendo Wii

is there a reason why PES doesn't come out on Nintendo consoles? Cause I really like the Wii, but if there's no PES, i just have to buy a ps3 or 360 :(

It's due for Wii as far as I know. And PES did come out on the Gamecube, only it was the Japanese Winning Eleven incarnation. I don't think there were enough potential sales in Europe (and certainly not in the States) to warrant the translation.

Nintendo say the price for the console in US will be under $250, so $249.99 I would guess. And so waht do you think about UK. GC went for £129.99, so Wii mehtinks will be £150! Cheaper than a PSP (same price as a base pack)

Ash...hopefully you may be right!

Engadget said:
Looks like Nintendo's not gonna be following in Sony's footsteps though, at least not in Europe. They let GamesIndustry know that the "UK pricing will be in line with Japan and the US," for the Wii, which GI took to mean that with VAT, the UK might expect to pay about £150 (about $279 US). Yeah, it's a little higher than the US and Japan -- and it usually is -- but it's certainly not the multi-hundred-dollar price penalty for living on the Soggy Isles Sony's apparently intending to excise, that's for sure.

Seriously...360 (for graphics) + Wii (for gameplay delight) will make a very happy Rocky :D

I'm not into the whole multiple console ownership, but I might make an exception this time round....or I might just tape it together to create the Wii60 :mrgreen:

Last edited:

More great news my fellow national:

When Sony announced that $600 price point for the PlayStation 3, it was a spicy meatball, but their €499 / 599 European price was an even tougher sell, and their eventual supposed £425 (~$800 US) UK sticker was the icing on a very vexatious cake -- the more we found out about their launch prices, the more it pained us. Looks like Nintendo's not gonna be following in Sony's footsteps though, at least not in Europe. They let GamesIndustry know that the "UK pricing will be in line with Japan and the US," for the Wii, which GI took to mean that with VAT, the UK might expect to pay about £150 (about $279 US). Yeah, it's a little higher than the US and Japan -- and it usually is -- but it's certainly not the multi-hundred-dollar price penalty for living on the Soggy Isles Sony's apparently intending to excise, that's for sure.
UK won't be getting bunped!

You know whats funny? I bought 4 games for my X360 (all sucked except GRAW) and it cost more than the Wii.

I heard rumours that if you buy 4 Wii games on launch, you'd get the console free. Probably BS but I heard it could very easily be true.

4 Games @ £40 = £160? I doubt it is true.

Last edited:

Haha, my girlfriend's birthday is on the 23rd of June and I was going to get her a DS. Shame it wasn't out the day before...

Where is the cheapest place to get a (normal) DS from?

Seeing polls are deciding which system everyone is going to buy ;)

Famistu magazine done a poll after E3, asking a few questions, of the most interest was the following :

Which hardware are you most interested in?

Wii = 68.8%
PS3 = 21.0%
360 = 7.2%
DS = 3.0%

What hardware will win the next gen race?

Wii = 73%
PS3 = 22.6%
360 = 4.4%

Is the PS3 too expensive?

Yes = 88.4%
No = 10.9%

Some great survey results there of the 294 responses they had. ;)

will pes be released on Wii? If so my choice is made.

Just showed my little sister the Wii videos en she went crazy !! maybe get her to convince our parents to buy her a Wii for christmas and play it on my bigger tv :P

Yep :)
But I don't know how good it will be. Looking at the DS version, we might see an arcade version, lets hope it wont.

Well the Wii has a perfectly good pad now so a port of the X360 or PS3 version would be possible IMO.

Back
Top Bottom