PES 2013 Discussion Thread

PES DLC - January transfer update coming in March:

http://winningelevenblog.com/blog/new-pes-2013-dlc-coming-next-week/

Konami keeping their finger on the pulse as usual.:ROLL:

Great news !!!

... oh, wait... no, 5 weeks earlier would have been great.
KONAMI is a club of amateurs when it comes to issues like this.

The services around PES are clearly one big FAIL.
PES was and will be my favourite Footy series ever, but it's a shame how KONAMI deals with customers and fans.

PES was and will be my favourite Footy series ever
I agree with your points about Konami's incompetence when it comes to the delay in releasing an update, but not with this mentality.

I too have enjoyed PES more than FIFA for a large proportion of the previous iterations, but I wouldn't be closed-minded about the possibility of another football game surpassing it at any point in the future.

Seeing as modders can release up-to-date transfers a few days after the transfer window closes it raises the question 'why can't Konami?'

It might have something to do with Russian transfer window - it just closed yesterday or day before yesterday. There are licensed RPL teams in game + Konami's long-lasting policy of releasing all-in-one winter transfer updates = no DLC till March.

Not trying to hurt anyone's feelings, but galaxy does not revolve around EPL or Bundesliga.

It might have something to do with Russian transfer window - it just closed yesterday or day before yesterday. There are licensed RPL teams in game + Konami's long-lasting policy of releasing all-in-one winter transfer updates = no DLC till March.

Not trying to hurt anyone's feelings, but galaxy does not revolve around EPL or Bundesliga.

Then do a large January update followed by a small one in March for the Russian league. Not that hard is it?

Konami have been just as slow to do transfer updates in previous games when they didn't have any licenced Russian teams. Besides, it won't matter anyways because the last transfer update couldn't even put players in their proper positions.

Van Persie out of the starting eleven and not even a sub? Check.

Carrick at CB? Check.

Left back Ryan Bertrand on the right wing for Chelsea? Check.

The list went on.

I can't bring myself to play it any more, first time I loaded the game up for a couple of weeks and instantly got annoyed as the COM did absolutely nothing except repeatedly try to hit inch perfect raking long balls diagonally over the head of my full back for the COM winger to run on to. Every time it tried to attack. I stopped playing before because I got so fed up with how shitty the COM is in this game. Diagonal long balls inside the full back and through passes on the break. The only two ways it ever tries to score. Appalling AI.

@Suuuuupertalk

Thought you were playing the game non-stop really enjoying it in ML with no development policy?

Does anyone know how stamina effects a player's performance when his stamina bar reaches red?

I've heard a bad form arrow would shave off a player's abilities by a percentage, how does the game reduce the ability of the player when he's low on stamina?

I've noticed less responsiveness with all tricks/special quick feet moves (nutmeg, double touch etc.) when forward players are low on stamina. Am I just imagining things? I wish this was more pronounced.

@Suuuuupertalk

Thought you were playing the game non-stop really enjoying it in ML with no development policy?

I did for a short while, and turning development off is a thousand times better, but the damn teamvision thing means the COM keeps changing its tactics to stretch out the game and make it end to end. Mainly so that it can hit cross field balls inside the full back.

Just got fed up with it really. Constantly tinkering with formations to try and make the game play a realistic, midfield based game only for the COM to alter things again so it can resemble basketball left me kinda bored with it.

I did for a short while, and turning development off is a thousand times better, but the damn teamvision thing means the COM keeps changing its tactics to stretch out the game and make it end to end. Mainly so that it can hit cross field balls inside the full back.

Just got fed up with it really. Constantly tinkering with formations to try and make the game play a realistic, midfield based game only for the COM to alter things again so it can resemble basketball left me kinda bored with it.

That's why I haven't been playing it for quite sometime now. Neither this nor Fifa are cutting it for me. I'm mostly playing other genres this year.

A bit about BAL, since it ties into what was said before about Real Madrid. I got a one match ban after two yellows in the CL group. The next game was against Real, and I thought, this is going to go badly, because it will be simulated and my team is Nurnberg. I was right, it went badly, 5-1 to Real. But it went even worse in the later game where I played the whole game. 0-6 loss at home, and each and every goal a through pass leading to one on one. F**K Real Madrid in this game.

I found this at pesgaming:

Originally Posted by Sabatasso
I repeat, if you want a completely new and pleasant PES2013 experience, delete your OPTION.bin (or move it to a backup folder) then start the game, pick your settings and load or start a new ML. Get to the first match, then ALT-TAB out and put write protection on your new OPTION.bin. (the game creates a fresh one on startup if there isn't one present)

Now, the friendly AI won't deteriorate anymore, and opponent AI won't cheat you anymore. THIS IS THE CURE FOR PES 2013! (and most likely any other PES using this engine). Simple, yet effective.

I do not recommend Tenacity tweak (99 or whatever) or any other global ability tweak in combination with this mod (for lack of a better word) as the AI will work like dogs with default settings. Using this mod WILL improve movement, tactics and strategy will have much more impact and you will basically not recognize the game in many ways. One can wonder what the hell Konami were thinking when they hid this gem of a game behind all that poor programming called TeamVision (and any other crap they save to the option file) that completely destroys the game.

I assume further testing will be done extensively by Matt10, and he will most likely come up with any global improvements if he find the need for it. I use none at the moment, and I am plenty happy. The in-game speed settings doesn't even seem to have adverse effects on the game any more.

Have fun.

PS. I don't know exactly how this game works, but I do know that the engine collects data of your (BAL/ML) progress, opponents and stores it in the OPTION.bin file. Then before a match, it calculates this and that based on previous matches, what kind of game you're entering, who the opponent is, your teams stature and so on. So, if you play a good team in ML, and enter the CL against any opponent and have had reasonable success in the game so far, you will get cheated like a bitch because the OPTION.bin told the AI to do so. Now if you have a new OPTION.bin, the file will tell the AI that you haven't really played that much before and therefore want to give you a difficult but pleasant experience. OPTIOIN.bin is like a drug dealer, it treats you nice in the beginning making it all seem fun but will start to cheat you badly once you're hooked. So, I say LET'S DENY IT THAT PLEASURE! (right click the fucker, and apply "read-only" on the file and you're safe!)

--that is monumentally depressing. No wonder I keep beating or drawing better teams and losing to lesser teams. No wonder cup matches are an absurd nightmare. It would appear this 'solution' is only for pc's. All I know is that if this is true, then so much has been explained. All those moments when I am not in control of my players, all those stretches of cpu momentum, that time I lost 0-7 in a cup match to a 2nd division side with a striker rated 54. Sweet murphy!
It´s ok, but how can I save my settings? as camera sound etc...
Thanks

It´s ok, but how can I save my settings? as camera sound etc...
Thanks

Delete the OPTION.bin, then start the game and set all your settings (sound volume, controller settings, game length, difficulty), then start a game and adjust the camera settings and any other in-game settings. Then quit out to the top menu and alt-tab out and set the new OPTION.bin to read-only.

That's why I haven't been playing it for quite sometime now. Neither this nor Fifa are cutting it for me. I'm mostly playing other genres this year.

Yeah I am so geared up for a completely new PES now, it's the little things that wind me up with this game. Stuff like why, when you have a throw-in, does the CPU pressure you and virtually man-mark you, but when the CPU has a throw-in, the game removes all of your players within 40 yards of the ball?

Or why does playing on zero pass assistance see the cursor switching go wrong probably four or five times a game? I constantly pass the ball to someone only for the game to switch control to someone else further away from the ball, and doesn't allow you to switch it meaning you have to use that player to run twenty yards to collect a pass when the intended player you passed to just stands there and does nothing, five yards from the ball.

Or why the CPU can take a quick free kick, but still appears to be broken when you try to do the same. It doesnt work.

Or why sometimes when you head the ball to clear, using shoot, the ball goes off your defender's head in the totally opposite direction you aimed at with the direction stick, and the opposite of where your player was facing - sometimes resulting in an own goal or conceding a needless corner.

Or why almost all long clearances are sucked towards the CPU players.

Or why 'Teamvision' ruins a good, balanced game by changing formation halfway through a match and thrusting half their team up front into some bizarre 4-0-6 formation, turning it into some end-to-end basketball simulator.

So many issues........

Last edited:
Agreed supertalk the lack of polish in this game is atrocious. I hope it's just a matter of numbers and Konami are putting all their energy into 2014.

Even looking at simple things like the archaic menus this game is so far behind other respectable games regardless of the genre.

There was a time when the game play was enough but when that has its own issues it just compounds the problem.

Konami really really really need to start considering that while fifa lacks in gameplay it is a polished game that always catches the eye

I played NBA2K last night for the first time in a while and it's simply on another planet to PES. You would think these two sports games are ten years apart. It's shocking.

Delete the OPTION.bin, then start the game and set all your settings (sound volume, controller settings, game length, difficulty), then start a game and adjust the camera settings and any other in-game settings. Then quit out to the top menu and alt-tab out and set the new OPTION.bin to read-only.
Thanks,I understand that but Sabtatasso talk about load or start ML and then stop the match an d put read onle the option. What´s the diference?
No matter do yours or Sabatasso?
Thanks for your help

Agreed supertalk the lack of polish in this game is atrocious. I hope it's just a matter of numbers and Konami are putting all their energy into 2014.

Even looking at simple things like the archaic menus this game is so far behind other respectable games regardless of the genre.

There was a time when the game play was enough but when that has its own issues it just compounds the problem.

Konami really really really need to start considering that while fifa lacks in gameplay it is a polished game that always catches the eye

Yep, it used to be a case of PES getting better the more I played it. Nowadays, the more I play it, the more I dislike it and the more flaws come out.

I really, really hope you're right and that it's because all their efforts are going into the new game.

KONAMI have to step up and amaze everyone with the new game, just like EA did in this generation. EA were behind and they stepped up and crashed KONAMI to the very ground in sales and KONAMI didn't respond for 6 years. We can just hope, that they will return the gesture with the next gen knocking on our doors.

One thing we can be certain about, competition is a good thing leading to innovations and brain work!

I played NBA2K last night for the first time in a while and it's simply on another planet to PES. You would think these two sports games are ten years apart. It's shocking.

i agree %100, it hink pes 2013 is a pretty big disappointment, there 2011 and 2012 were big improvements but it seems they introduced some new shitty stuff in 2013 such as cpu always winning and lack of cpu buildup...

Agreed NBA2K, MLB franchise they look the part in this generation. It as if Konami have skipped this gen altogether. Not making excuses for them but maybe the current engine could only do so much.i refuse to believe that they cannot see the issues

pes 3 is still 10 years ahed of pes 2013....konami has invented the time machine...

Well it would be nice if PES 2013 was fit for purpose, but it's not. Too many bugs and engine screw ups. My final game in my ML was a Europa League match vs Liverpool. I dominated the game, got denied by a string of world class saves from Reina, then midway through the second half Liverpool won a free kick for a nothing challenge where I never actually pressed a button. Anyways, my keeper was too far across to one side of the goal (which was an issue in PES2012, seriously how did they not address this?), so I did my usual thing of selecting the keeper to move him further across his goal line manually - except, if anyone else has noticed, sometimes he stays rooted to the spot and you cannot move him. Why, I don't know, must be a bug. Anyways, Suarez of course lifts the free kick into the exact spot the keeper couldn't get to because of that bug. Brilliant.

I then got knocked out on away goals when I went to head the ball clear, pressed the clear button and aimed left, for some reason the ball skewed off his head back towards his own goal and to the left hand side of the penalty area, conveniently where the only attacking Liverpool player happened to be standing. He then hit a shot straight at my keeper, who somehow let it go through him and it dribbled about a foot over the line. I look at the replay and see that the ball struck my keeper directly in his stomach area, and the ball passed through his body before trickling over the line. Actually through his body. I go out of a competition at the quarter final stage that I'd played loads of 15 minute matches to get to. All because the ball went through my keeper's body.

It was at that point that I finally gave up with the game. What's the point in playing when you have to contend with the game allowing the ball to pass through your keeper. Funny that it's happened several times against me and never for me. This is in no way the first time it's happened, I've conceded goals in the past where the ball passes through defenders's bodies, where the ball has hit a player and span round their body before flying off at a bizarre angle for a CPU player to score, and CPU attackers dribbling past my players where their legs passed through my defender who was making a tackle.

Anyways, that's why it's not really fit for purpose. Imagine a shooter where there was a known issue where your weapons didn't work, a fighting game where blocks would randomly stop working, or a racing game with a known bug where your accelerator wouldnt work at crucial moments in a race. Or a basketball sim where the ball went through the hoop without a point being scored. The games would get absolutely panned. Much like Aliens Colonial Marines in fact. Yet Konami seem to have largely gotten away with releasing a game where at any moment, the ball can pass through a defender's legs, or a keeper's body, and go into your net.

I'm not even sure it's an engine issue, otherwise it would happen both for and against the CPU. Yet I've noticed that these issues only ever seem to happen when it benefits the CPU team you are playing against, and I've never noticed this happen on any difficulty level other than on Superstar. And so if it's not an engine issue, you have to wonder who at Konami thought that having this sort of thing clearly happen in the game would leave anyone with any sense of satisfaction or enjoyment. Who wants to get knocked out of a cup competition because the ball suddenly could pass through physical objects?

Last edited:
I'm just amazed ANYONE is still playing PES.

Poor old Suuuuuupertalk is like someone continually going back to an abusive partner who kicks the shit out of him, takes all the money from his wallet and laughs in his face at his protests about life being so unfair.

His love of football will inevitably drag him back into his on/off lover's arms once the bruises have healed and he will be soothed by a couple of decent dates where nothing untoward happens then BAM! Good old PES kicks him square in the balls once again and giggles hysterically.

This will continue until the younger, prettier sister turns up around October this year. You know, the one who has been making eyes at him all year, flirting endlessly with promises she cant possibly keep, whispering to her friends to tell them to put in a good word with him for her and telling him all the things he longs to hear.

Just dont be too surprised when you wake up one day sometime this October to find yourself with a black eye, a familiar sinking feeling in your gut and £40 missing from your wallet.

:P

Back
Top Bottom