Zidane and Materazzi Punishment

Metallica

Whoosh... Bullshit!
20 August 2003
Pissed up in Sam Platt's
from sky sports :
France legend Zinedine Zidane has been handed a three match-ban for his World Cup final headbutt on Marco Materazzi, whilst the Italian stopper has received a two-match ban for his part in the unsavoury incident.

Three time Fifa World Player of the Year Zidane brought his illustrious career to a close on a shameful note as he thrust his head into the chest of his Italian adversary in extra time of The Azzurri's victory in Berlin.

The controversial incident attracted intense focus and Materazzi was forced to defend himself against accusations that he provoked Zidane using insults directed towards the Frenchman's mother and sister.

Although the defender denied insulting Zidane's mother both players were called to a Fifa hearing in Zurich, and after the French midfielder stated his case on Thursday punishments have been handed out to both parties.

Despite retiring from professional football Zidane has been banned for three games, although he will spend three days carrying out community service with Fifa instead, as well as being fined 7,5000 Swiss Francs (£3,300).

Materazzi has received a two-game ban, ruling him out of Italy's first two qualifiers for the 2008 European Championships which come against Lithuania on September 2 and France four days later.

The Internazionale star has also been fined 5,000 Swiss Francs (£2,200) for his role in provoking Zidane into the famous attack, whilst both players acknowledged that the defender's comments were not of a racist nature.

"Zinedine Zidane has also agreed to do community service work with children and youngsters," read a statement from Fifa.

"As Zidane has now retired from international football, the committee took note of Zidane's pledge to do three days of community service work with children and youngsters as part of Fifa's humanitarian activities.

"In their statements, both players stressed that Materazzi's comments had been defamatory but not of a racist nature.

"During the course of their hearings both players also apologised to Fifa for their inappropriate behaviour and expressed their regret at the incident."

3 game ban, whats the point :lmao:

Last edited:
Re: Zidane Punishment

Change the title please "Zidane and Materazzi Punishment"

The real punishment for Zidane it's lose the World Cup, Because of a provocative cheater
and i think that is the biggest Punishment in football story

Last edited:

i know. he's retired. i would have told FIFA to f'off and carry on my holiday in Bora Bora. If they fine me, so what? i'm no longer a player of any club, association, federation, so who am i answerable to?

Idiotic FIFA.

nearly as bad as the English F.A.

FIFA, shut the f*CK up and deal with real issues, like Racists in Football. You muppets!

3 match ban ?

fifa is idiot, he's retired.

ThomasGOAL said:

The real punishment for Zidane it's lose the World Cup, Because of a provocative cheater

Please try to be a litle bit objective Thomas...

Ahhhhh, that explains it. He always had this special aura and whenever you read his posts, you knew you were experiencing something great.
But now we know why...

I think they should carry the ban over for Zidanes first born should he/she ever play in an International Football Tournament

ThomasGOAL said:

self inflicted.

image016.jpg

after tassotti in 1994
after totti in 2004
now materazzi 2006

every time an italian is involvec, the fifa makes new rules

And Poulsen with Totti????

fifa and blatter can kiss my fucking 4 times world champion ass

bye bye Zizou...bye bye France
materazzann3.jpg

Zidane should be made to wear a ridiculous wig for a period of time, say 3 years?

21280.jpg

it also minimalizes impact

ThomasGOAL said:
I'm very objective, i don't understand you, of course Zidane make a mistake, but the provocator is Materazzi.

No, you're the least objective person on here. Your avatar is proog enough of that. The fact that you think Materazzi is the one to blame for a couple simple insults that were not even of a racist nature is laughable.

ThomasGOAL said:

nothing like Zidane tinted glasses!!
he should be stripped of his golden ball, He is a coward and if i were a parent i would be afraid if he was doing community service with my kids teaching them to become violent when you are called names.

Shame on Zidane Boo Hiss Materazzi is becoming a pantomine villan in this. It is ridiculous are FIFA going to give bans to every player whose calls a fellow pro a name? There would be nobody in the planet to make eleven

Thomas u are just a little bit pathetic.
Do u want to write new rules for Fifa? It's been always so, the bad side is reaction,e no way man. Can u imagine if there would be a punishment for every provocation during a match? How would it be?
Try to keep ur mind in real life, and not soccer one. If u drive along the road with ur car and one man from the car in front of u makes u a bad gesture, would u be allowed to crash a baseball bat in his face???
It's nonsense really, i think u are whining for the cup.
The fact is just one : Italy is world Champion :)

Just a pathetic decision by the Fifa... three games ban when somebody retires are a joke.

But the real joke are the two games against Materazzi... I would like to see now what 'll happen next time some player 'll be caught saying f*uck on TV...

Kiske said:
But the real joke are the two games against Materazzi... I would like to see now what 'll happen next time some player 'll be caught saying f*uck on TV...

so racism should be tolerated, eh? :shock:

Last edited:

Massacre_1907 said:
3 match ban ?

fifa is idiot, he's retired.

I do find that funny as in FIFA is a person

"Hello i'm Mr FIFA heres a 3 match ban":applause:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom