WWE 2K17

1 October 2012
Rotherham
Leeds United
Any fellow nerds bothering?

Feels like this could be the most outdated WWE game before release in history with all the recent changes... brand split, roster, arena set, logos etc.

However I do like the look of Universe Mode this year, which may persuade me to part with 40 big ones.

Ha! Oh yea, of course. Bet 2K were pissed when all that was announced.

It looks ok. Not much different to 16 from what I've seen - be worth it for the updated wrestlers and the better NXT stuff. Whats the Universe mode entail?

Any fellow nerds bothering?

Feels like this could be the most outdated WWE game before release in history with all the recent changes... brand split, roster, arena set, logos etc.

However I do like the look of Universe Mode this year, which may persuade me to part with 40 big ones.
brand split? what happened?

About a month ago now, they moved Smackdown to a live 2 hour show on a Tuesday night and split the roster up. Raw got 3 picks to every Smackdown 2 (plus they could both pick from a total of 6 NXT stars - Bayley and Finn Balor moved to Raw). Vince wants the two shows to go 'head to head' and compete for ratings, merch etc. All part of the storyline.

Shane and Daniel Bryan run SD and Steph/Foley run Raw. Each show has its own champions and PPVs.

Whole thing started off ok, but its slowly resorting to type - especially RAW which is just awful at the mo.

SD is the more entertaining show, probably thanks to its 2 hour time slot. 3 hours on RAW is a drag and they just keep serving up the same stuff over and over.

NXT has suffered too with some big names moving on, especially from the womens div, with Carmella, Nia Jax and Alexa Bliss all being 'drafted'.

WWE want ratings... answers simple, scrap this MATTEL deal shite with the kids toys, and go back to mature adult themes.

Long live the Attitude Era.

Whatever they are doing, its not working.

You can see there is a shift in trying to make it more appealing again as a more 'sport' orientated product, but the TV ratings are just through the floor.

Whilst the Brock Lesnar butchering of opponents is starting to become tiresome, give me more of the work he and Randy Orton put together at Summerslam. Brutal.

Gave this series a shot and played the 2k16 version of this game for first time at a friends this weekend and in my opinion this is not a "wrestling" game. This a fighting game like EA UFC 2. I'm not sure they can ever replicate the WWE where it's "You go, okay you go next". Two guys working together to create the best match possible. You don't even have to be a wrestling fan to enjoy this game. My friend downloaded a bunch of creations e.g. Batman, Joker, and some celebs and we had a blast kicking the crap out of each other.

Gave this series a shot and played the 2k16 version of this game for first time at a friends this weekend and in my opinion this is not a "wrestling" game. This a fighting game like EA UFC 2. I'm not sure they can ever replicate the WWE where it's "You go, okay you go next". Two guys working together to create the best match possible. You don't even have to be a wrestling fan to enjoy this game. My friend downloaded a bunch of creations e.g. Batman, Joker, and some celebs and we had a blast kicking the crap out of each other.

I've always wanted a game like that (pre-determined results, you have to put on the best show to get crowd reaction/popularity etc)

I guess in the Universe mode you can 'book' it as you want.

Damn I want to get this now.

I usually buy the game when it releases on PC. I make mods on the PC version. Growing up I started losing interst in WWE, only buy the game to do mods since I enjoy modding. 2k17 looks the same as 2k16 the same as 2k15 lol. They rarely change anything.....

I made this from a while. :D

Those characters aren't official, all are mods by me.

● The gameplay is worser than SmackDown! Here Comes The Pain.

The Graphics, especially the hairs look a lot worse. SmackDown Vs Raw 2006 sonetines look better than this.

● The Ring in the next gen versions are way too small. And its been the Third year they forgot to make a correct ring (aka where the wrestlers fight) size.

Imo, Smackdown Shut Your Mouth to SmackDown vs Raw 2007 are far nore enjoyable than these new WWE games.

And no men vs women.

Here cones the pain had arcadish combat yet the animations in WWe 15-17 looks worse and unreal despite being a slow, unresponsive mess.

I will say, the game is degrading every year with major degradation since SVR 2011 (the simple, yet advanced controls were ditched woth crap).

TIS is Just MY OPINiON. So no need to get salty.

WWE itself became shit after 2008, and became unwatchable from 2013. I enjoy TNA more (Again my opinion. No need to beh salty)

● The gameplay is worser than SmackDown! Here Comes The Pain.

The Graphics, especially the hairs look a lot worse. SmackDown Vs Raw 2006 sonetines look better than this.

● The Ring in the next gen versions are way too small. And its been the Third year they forgot to make a correct ring (aka where the wrestlers fight) size.

Imo, Smackdown Shut Your Mouth to SmackDown vs Raw 2007 are far nore enjoyable than these new WWE games.

And no men vs women.

Here cones the pain had arcadish combat yet the animations in WWe 15-17 looks worse and unreal despite being a slow, unresponsive mess.

I will say, the game is degrading every year with major degradation since SVR 2011 (the simple, yet advanced controls were ditched woth crap).

TIS is Just MY OPINiON. So no need to get salty.

WWE itself became shit after 2008, and became unwatchable from 2013. I enjoy TNA more (Again my opinion. No need to beh salty)

I could get so salty. Like I could go full Saxo on your ass.

I'll just throw some shade your way instead.

TNA, besides that broken brilliance of Matt Hardy and his condeeeshun, is dog aids.

I could get so salty. Like I could go full Saxo on your ass.

I'll just throw some shade your way instead.

TNA, besides that broken brilliance of Matt Hardy and his condeeeshun, is dog aids.
And you think WWe is much better than TNA at the moment?

Wwe is became crap since a long time.

Either, your opinion. So yeah, lets just be cool and not stretch it out.

But you cant make me like WWe at all in its current condition.

I'd say Smackdown is giving it a go yea. Raw still struggles due to the time they have to fill and nit happy how they've shafted the cruiserweights either.

How you getting on with 2K17 anyway?

And you think WWe is much better than TNA at the moment?

Wwe is became crap since a long time.

Either, your opinion. So yeah, lets just be cool and not stretch it out.

But you cant make me like WWe at all in its current condition.

I'd say Smackdown is giving it a go yea. Raw still struggles due to the time they have to fill and nit happy how they've shafted the cruiserweights either.

How you getting on with 2K17 anyway?

Yes, it seems WWE is trying to make it entertaining again. But are doing it wrong. Its better than what it was like in 2014 but still.

I mean you don't bneed attitude era or any obscene scenes to make it entertaining. How about making the storylines more unpredictable, interesting. How about adding variety in matches like Frequent no DQ matches, backstage and whatnot.

Even they fight in a boring way now. Compare present wwe with 2006 WWe videos.

________

Anyway, I think I might get WWe 2k17. Thats 6 more months to come (Usual PC date right?). When it drops to $35

Lets pray for a brand split DLC, or at least the new arenas.
They'll probably release the pc version next year with all, still to come, dlc's (with the pre-order bonuses as well).

Hi all, if you've followed along with my PES videos you'll be familiar with my style and commentary so I figured I'd attempt the same thing but in Universe mode so here's Episode 1! Hope you enjoy it..

Episode 2 is up, Featuring John Cena's Intercontinental Open Challenge AJ Styles Challenges HBK at the Royal Rumble - Will the Hall of Famer accept?

Back
Top Bottom