Worth a go?!

rickyricc

youtube.com/thetruebrits
6 March 2005
Florida
Man Utd
I really enjoy Fifa 10 & it's a solid game but I kinda wanna bit of a change of pace..
I have had every PES since the ISS days although I sold PES 08 after a few weeks as I thought it was shocking.. 09 was better but still not up there..

Basically is PES 10 worth a go this year?! I've seen mixed reviews around the board so some real honest opinions would be nice.. How would you peeps rate it out of 10?!
Is it much different from the demo?

Thanks for your time! :SMUG:

To save hours of pointless debating, users like Jamezinho, Jimmy, klashman, and others will tell you PES deserves recognition as an "incredibly rewarding, yet challenging game with depth to spare". Others will tell you PES 2010 is one of the worst they've played. If you really enjoy FIFA though, I'm not sure you'll share the same view, but to each his own. I'm not sure about differences with the demo, now that the full game has been released.

I'll give PES 2010 an 8/10 because it has the core gameplay that I very much enjoy, but the presentation of the game is nowhere near FIFA 10's level of polish. As an added assurance though, I can tell you graphics and animations hardly take away from your enjoyment of the game if you really want to play a good game of football.

Also, PES 2008 is generally regarded around evo-web as the game that never should have been released so yeah...

I've came from hating PES for a couple of years and playing FIFA but got bored of FIFA after a couple of months this year.

Decided to give PES 2010 a go after a few months of not playing a football game and it's like a breath of fresh air. I've tried to play FIFA again and it just doesn't feel right. It's certainly worth giving it a try!

Not worth your money but as a football fan I'm sure you'll want to see for yourself regardless. So I suggest, if you really must, rent it! Don't buy a 2nd hand copy ... rent it over a weekend. PES '10 is very much an unfinished product with technical issues worse than most demos. PES production don't deserve any money for this one I'm afraid.

PES 08 I'd give a 3/10 , PES 09 4.5/10 and PES 10 5.5/10. Rent it mate, if you really must check it out.

So worth a go? yeah, a rental just to get an overall impression of where the franchise is at ... worth a purchase? definitely not!

Anyway Good luck!

Oh right, one more thing I should add is that referees have not and probably will not be fixed in this game, so if bad refereeing really annoys you it's something to keep in mind. There are hardly any penalty calls in this game.

Yes, PES2010 is definitely worth a go! Especially as you can pick it up for less than £25 if you search around.

I'd give it 7.5/10, which is not a bad score, but it doesn't deserve any higher because of the obvious flaws, i.e. animations, rigidity and dated feel to the gameplay, referees, etc...

Look past these things, however, and there is a very good football game to be enjoyed. PES2010 plays a good tactical game of football, the shooting is rewarding, and the player individuality is still there. The graphics are excellent and player likenesses are top drawer. The Champions League mode is excellent - very atmospheric!

Basically give the game some time and you wont regret it.

Same with most here i'll give it a 7/8 out of 10

Some things are outstanding,

Some decent

Some shocking.

Really just depends on your tastes :)

Ok thanks for the responses guys.. Think I will give it a go.. Gonna trade a few games in at gamestop & give it a whirl later on..

PES2010 is by far the best PES on next gen. When played right, it is miles ahead of FIFA in pure football terms.

If you enjoy sprinting with Messi and cutback cheap goals, PES will get boring quick. Playing with mid strgth teams though, this is as good and rewarding as any PES to date.

If you find it too quick, try giving Chimps with Quiffs OF a chance. It slows gameplay down a bit to a realistic pace.

Well I think it is an improvement over 08 and 09. But I think the game still has a lot of issues. I think online is still crap myself. Overall I think Master League is pretty nice with the Champions League in it. Still though, the game just doesn't feel good to me, I can play it unlike 09 where it was a total mess, but I still think they need to work on the gameplay and improve it a lot for PES2011. You should rent it or play it at a mates or something first.

The graphics are stunning on the game.

If you've read around here you should know that PES online is set to Regular AI, not sure how KONAMI dropped the ball on that one...

Oh right, one more thing I should add is that referees have not and probably will not be fixed in this game, so if bad refereeing really annoys you it's something to keep in mind. There are hardly any penalty calls in this game.

Very true - did you ever play that old game "Red Card Soccer"...?

Not worth your money but as a football fan I'm sure you'll want to see for yourself regardless. So I suggest, if you really must, rent it! Don't buy a 2nd hand copy ... rent it over a weekend. PES '10 is very much an unfinished product with technical issues worse than most demos. PES production don't deserve any money for this one I'm afraid.

PES 08 I'd give a 3/10 , PES 09 4.5/10 and PES 10 5.5/10. Rent it mate, if you really must check it out.

So worth a go? yeah, a rental just to get an overall impression of where the franchise is at ... worth a purchase? definitely not!

Anyway Good luck!

u wont get into the game in one weekend...
to understand how the game works and create creativity u need more time

but the presentation of the game is nowhere near FIFA 10's level of polish.

Disagree with you on this one, although menus are afr more responsive then the ps2 fifas i still feel match options and formation & squad settings feel like a chore.

As far as ingame presentation, it's just god awful the cutscenes are rushed out of place and have no relevence to the importance of the game seemingly favouring referees to show, not to mention a lack of appropiate replays after near misses and such.

Sure i could just pause and go into replay mode manually, but why should i, when the game is quite capable of showing me various replays from many angles, but rarely does.

more polished fifa yes but with awful faces, wich are the most important thing grafix wise, n grafix is a part of presentation

for me the lighting/filters n the diff. daytimes etc in pes are lookin gorgeous, they rly know what teyre doin there, good atmosphere

Last edited:
I wouldn't say Fifa10 is more polished.

Graphically PES2010 is superior. The faces are scarily realistic in many cases, kits look much more authentic with correct number and fonts styles, stadia grass textures look nicer and the general lighting is better (especially at night).

Replays are longer and can be saved to the HDD, the lack if which is one of my biggest annoyances with Fifa. Also, the menus are more responsive and functional in PES.

Fifa has great animations & collisions but that's where the polish ends for me.

You should give it a go, but like has been said before, you will need time to appreciate it. If you don't feel it right away, try Master League. Best version of ML for years.

dont loose hope @ beginning if u cant create dangerous situations upfront, with some tricks and more confidence after some time u will get into the game flow
try the fake shots/passes/crosses, good stuff to create a bit of space

Kinda (well totally) un-related, but...

Batman Arkham Asylum on PS3 is AWESOME - give that a go...!

(I'm taking a break from Pro Evo for a while to clear a list of games I wanted to play)

PES10 is a better game than FIFA10.....period
BAL is the best sports game mode i have played in the last five years hands down. Last night i spent 4 hours straight on BAL alone i am a grown man with kids, i should not have spent that much time playing the BAL mode but i could not help myself it was like a bad crack habit.

And i have not even updated my game with aunthentic kits yet.

How a team this small can create something like BAL is beyond me.
You could beg EA for something like this till you are blue in the face and you would not get it, simply because the team is not skilled enough/talented to give you something this awesome.

And i have not even touched Champions league or Master league.

PES10 aint no joke man it is an awesome piece of software.

BTW i am not a bad FIFA player at all love the smooth animations and sometimes unforgivingly tough/repetive AI.

PES just has so much soul........ its scarry the individuality some of the players have.

Last edited:
Look out for the ML, you will get more hooked than you already are.

Thanks i am slowly taking things on purpose so i fully enjoy this game, this team cares about football and to get a game this customizeable(is that a word lol)is amazing in this time of corporate greed.

Just trying to figure out how to get an option file on Xbox is proving to be a little daunting.......any tips on any free option file sites to visit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just trying to figure out how to get an option file on Xbox is proving to be a little daunting.......any tips on any free option file sites to visit.

I use the D&C Pro10 Elite option file, which doesn't appear to be available on Evo-web ( try here: http://www.pesgaming.com/showthread.php?t=76146). It's very good.

I applied the option file using the 360 data migration cable that was included with my 120gb hard drive. You can pick the cable up for a few pounds on ebay if you don't have one. Then download a free program called Xplorer360 that will allow you to access the files on the hard drive and copy over the option file. By far the easiest way to do it in my opinion.

Hey James I really appreciate this link it will be one happy day around the house when I get the EPL kits.

Thanks

No worries mate. If you need any more info feel free to PM me.

I tried looking for a link to PM you and i could not find it..I have copied over 100 kits to harddrive ...yet when i plug hardrive back into xbox and then try to edit ....no success ....I feel i am close yet so far away.

(8 hours later)

HAHA got it thanks for all the help mate.

Man whoever put this together is dedicated.

Very enjoyable game cant wait for 11 to show my support!!!!!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom