World Cup 2010 - USA Thread

I can`t believe our luck what does it take to get a goal arghhhhh!! What a come back almost edge it! We do it the hard way every time :COOL:

Poor decision at the end from the referee.

Three US players were being held by their counterparts. Cannot see whay the goal was disallowed unless the linesman flagged for offside.

Great game though. Bradley got his subs right and Birsa was excellent as he has been for Auxerre this season.

USA beats England 1-1 and lost to Slovenia 2-2! :P

That's an incredible decision by the referee...

2002: Frings clearly commits a handball on the goal line disallowing a would-be US goal which allows Germany to advance to the semi-finals
2006: Harsh call on Onyewu gives Ghana a penalty which they convert to advance to the knockout stages
2010: Referee disallows Edu's goal for apparent offsides/foul/he doesn't even know why he blew the whistle (Outcome TBD)

Where's Graham Poll when you need someone to admit a refereeing mistake...

2002: Frings clearly commits a handball on the goal line disallowing a would-be US goal which allows Germany to advance to the semi-finals
2006: Harsh call on Onyewu gives Ghana a penalty which they convert to advance to the knockout stages
2010: Referee disallows Edu's goal for apparent offsides/foul/he doesn't even know why he blew the whistle (Outcome TBD)

Where's Graham Poll when you need someone to admit a refereeing mistake...

you`ll have better luck getting Jimmy Hoffa`s bones then finding a foul call on Edu!

The Americans deserved the win today. Great match, I think the best one so far...

The ref and linesmen were way below acceptable. Findle got a yellow for nothing (the ref came up with an inexistent hand ball) and will miss next match. And, of course, the disallowed goal! WTF!

Excellent game! Americans looked very confidently. After they have passed two balls, they have not lowered a hand and have continued to play, thereby they could reduce a match in a draw. They even should win, as the third ball has been hammered, but the judge has made very strange decision, thereby having deprived of Americans of a victory.Good fellows! So to hold!

Great job Bob Bradley and rest of team US for what should've been an amazing come-back showing drive, passion, everything you want.

F'n Ref!! What's FIFA's explanation on this?! This guy shouldn't ref another game! He should stick with Malian 2nd division.

Yes... But now Americans should beat Algeria to get in play-off. I do not think that for a national team of the USA it will be very much an easy problem because in a match with England Algeria has shown that its defence very persistent and strong which not each teams can pass.

We just need to come out with some passion and urgency against Algeria from the beginning. Let's take the game to them. We can certainly beat them but we can't play tentative. We need to attack.

Here's hoping we don't give up a goal in the first 5 minutes...or 10...or 15...or 20...or the first half! That would be progress.

USA USA USA!
USA we don't play!
We'll kick your ass
USA USA USA!
USA we're here to stay!
HEY HEY HEY!

arggghhh can`t believe how open that half was disallowed perfect goal no benefit at all !!! what`s worst is we are missing from 6yds out calm the F down and play the game.

I bet you gonna hate yourself for this sentence. Because this man saved your team in the 91st minute. :LOL:

Congratulations, you deserved it after two not given goals.

Edit: L8.^^

I bet you gonna hate yourself for this sentence. Because this man saved your team in the 91st minute. :LOL:

Congratulations, you deserved it after two not given goals.

Edit: L8.^^

Nah. I won't hate myself for it. He does disappear at times and we needed him to want the ball more. But he showed up and scored when it counted.

Yes! TOP of the GROUP!!! well deserve and we did it w/ a clean sheet!!! God please no Germans :PRAY:

Algeria play counter but defended w/ their lives , also to mention the punch to dempsey not seen . 2 perfectly good goals disallow in 2 matches,but we did it. Bill Clinton was next to blatter oh dear! funny bit was some algerian put a Algeria scarf around Clinton after the match that was class :LOL: and ppl around Clinton congratulating him for the victory is priceless

Back
Top Bottom