Jumbo_

-
17 August 2006
Manchester
Manchester United
EUROPE DRAW

Group 1 Portugal, Sweden, Denmark, Hungary, Albania, Malta

Group 2 Greece, Israel, Switzerland, Moldova, Latvia, Luxembourg

Group 3 Czech Republic, Poland, NORTHERN IRELAND, Slovakia, Slovenia, San Marino

Group 4 Germany, Russia, Finland, WALES, Azerbaijan, Liechtenstein

Group 5 Spain, Turkey, Belgium, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Armenia, Estonia

Group 6 Croatia, ENGLAND, Ukraine, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Andorra

Group 7 France, Romania, Serbia, Lithuania, Austria, Faroe Islands

Group 8 Italy, Bulgaria, Republic of Ireland, Cyprus, Georgia, Montenegro

Group 9 Holland, SCOTLAND, Norway, FYR Macedonia, Iceland

Croatia and Andorra again!:8):

Africa draw:
Group 1: Cameroon, Cape Verde Islands, Tanzania, Mauritius.
Group 2: Guinea, Zimbabwe, Namibia, Kenya.
Group 3: Angola, Benin, Uganda, Niger.
Group 4: Nigeria, South Africa, Equatorial Guinea, Sierra Leone.
Group 5: Ghana, Libya, Gabon, Lesotho.
Group 6: Liberia, Algeria, Senegal, Gambia.
Group 7: Ivory Coast, Mozambique, Botswana, Madagascar.
Group 8: Morocco, Rwanda, Ethiopia, Mauritania.
Group 9: Brkina Faso, Tunisia, Seychelles.
Group 10: Mali, Congo, Sudan, Chad.
Group 11: Togo, Eritrea, Zambia, Swaziland.
Group 12: Epypt, Congo DR, Malawi, iDjibouti.

The winners of each round-robin mini-league plus the best eight runners-up qualify for third round.

The World Cup qualifying fixtures will also double as qualifiers for 2010 African Nations Cup in Angola.

Yeah, there isn't really an easy group though considering only the top team goes through and the 2nd placed teams have to play-off.

Easy group for England again for them to struggle through
Croatia or Greece where the teams you would want.

But the playoffs will play once again in the hands of the bigger sides.

Last edited:
Greece will go through for their first WC if i'm right...

worldcup19941.gif

frayed knot mate...although they might as well not have been there really after 3 poor performances in 94.

however they were partly responsible for easily the best moment ever in BBC's Bob Wilson career as Maradona scored against them then celebrated...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHg5eHkH5Gk&feature=related

bob_wilson.jpg

BW "If he'd of ran at me like that, he'd of got the Hand of Bob in his face.." :D

Last edited:

Arguably the hardest I reckon. although the Danes are in the dolldrums at the mo, it's surely no more than a minor blip, albania too cant be underestimated.

Arguably the hardest I reckon. although the Danes are in the dolldrums at the mo, it's surely no more than a minor blip, albania too cant be underestimated.

I agree. Sweden v Denmark - the Viking derby! \\:o/

2 or 3 teams are going to qualify from these groups?

Group winners qualify automatically.

Second stage
The best eight best runners-up* will be drawn against each
other for four play-off matches on a home-and-away basis.
The four play-off winners qualify for the 2010 FIFA World
Cup South Africa™.
* determined on the basis of the number of points won whereby the
bottom-placed team in the groups involving six teams is not taken
into account

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/tournament/preldraw/fifa_prel_draw_results_29101.pdf

We Greeks we go easily to world cup! The saga continues!We won Euro2004, we are in Euro2008 and surely we will be in World Cup 2010! What a period for us!!!!!!!!

1994 World Cup was a disaster for us, but those were old times. Football has changed...

I miss WC2002 and Euro 2000 when we made great succes in these cup.

jumberto said:
Group 5 : Spain, Turkey, Belgium, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Armenia, Estonia

Spain will annoy us too much. If you compare Spain with us, you'll see to many similarities between us. Especially midfielders. Short players, short passes and long range shoots. But in general, they're better than us. Looks like they'll take first position of the group. About Belgium, I dont really scare from them. They're not good as Turkey for me. The one team can make suprise in this group is Bosnia Herzegovina. They've young and talented players. And more than %80 of their players are playing Bundesliga and they're growing up with German football system. But, looks like we can qualify from this group as a second position easily. And I'm worrying about Armenia match. FIFA might get some precaution before that match. But, I'm sure that we'll beat them in 2 matches easily.

Greece must be luckiest team in European groups.

We Greeks we go easily to world cup! The saga continues!We won Euro2004, we are in Euro2008 and surely we will be in World Cup 2010! What a period for us!!!!!!!!

1994 World Cup was a disaster for us, but those were old times. Football has changed...

to be fair mate you were in one heck of a group with argentina, nigeria & bulgaria

Back
Top Bottom