1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

World Cup 2006 on WE10

Discussion in 'Winning Eleven' started by erichlebt, 7 June 2006.

1. erichlebt

erichlebt League 2

18 March 2002
    Germany
    It had been issued in another thread and I played around a bit and i think this is as close as we can get:

1. start a World Cup (duh)
    2. choose group name 1-8 !!! (Thanks WalterVF)
    3. Groups: (Teams have to be in the following order!!)

1) Germany
    Poland
    Ecuador
    Costa Rica

2) France
    South Korea
    Togo
    Swiss

3) Argentina
    Serbia-Montenegro
    Netherlands
    Ivory Coast

4) Italy
    USA
    Czech Republic
    Ghana

5) Spain
    Tunisia
    Saudi-Arabia
    Ukrain

6) England
    Trinidad&Tobago
    Sweden
    Paraguay

7) Brasil
    Australia
    Japan
    Croatia

8 ) Mexico
    Angola
    Portugal
    Iran

This will give you the correct order of WC-games untill the semi-finals, though some home and away positions are mixed up. In the semi-finals you can possibly meat a team from your group which is impossible in real life.

Have fun.

2. total

total International

10 December 2005
    Slovenia
    Arsenal/OGC Nice
    Cheers, m8. Very helpful.

3. brunnoce

brunnoce It's a Grand Old Team

29 July 2003
    Belo Horizonte, Brazil
    Cruzeiro/Everton
    great stuff

4. daysleeper44

daysleeper44 Non-League

24 August 2005
    "In the semi-finals you can possibly meat a team from your group which is impossible in real life" by erichlebt

why is it impossible in real life? In 2002 WC Brazil played against Turkey in the semi final and yet they were in the same group. Thank for your help by the way good work..

5. daysleeper44

daysleeper44 Non-League

24 August 2005
    sorry you were right, Ive checked this World Cup schedule and two teams from the same group cannot meet twice unless they both make it to the final or 3rd place match

6. Golden Go@l

Golden Go@l League 1

19 February 2005
    Won't that specific order within each group change the order of who each team plays during the actual 2006 World Cup? For example, England plays Paraguay, Trinidad & Tobogo, then Sweden. With your setup England plays Trinidad & Tobogo, Sweden, then Paraguay. I haven't played more than a few matches using the group 1-8 format and the team order from another thread. When I played as England, they followed the actual game schedule posted on the Fifa World Cup site. I'm not criticizing you, I'm just curious if setting up the order so each team follows the actual schedule will mess up the format as the teams progress to later rounds. The teams would still be in the same groups that you posted, just in a different order. Would you explain what would happen? Thanks.

7. ezio

ezio League 2

6 August 2003
    New Jersey
    AS Roma
    What order did you use because I tried this one and the one in the other thread and couldn't get it right unless i messed something up. Thanks.

Ezio

8. erichlebt

erichlebt League 2

18 March 2002
    Germany

No problem mate,

from what i've recognized so far for me when using the "normal" group-members order (e.g. 1st group: Germany ; Costa Rica ; Poland ; Ecuador) the order of games is mixed up. Thats why I played around with the team order, just by changing two teams the game-order gets mixed up.

By using the official order you get 1st round games like
    Costa Rica vs Poland
    Germany vs Ecuador
    Swiss vs Korea
    France vs Togo
    Argentina vs Netherlands
    Italy vs Czech
    Spain vs Saudi Arabia
    England vs Sweden
    Brasil vs Japan

aso which arent the actual first round games.

By changing the group order to the one I posted I get the correct 1st 2nd 3rd round matches like

Germany vs Costa Rica
    England vs Paraguay
    France vs Swiss
    Argentina vs Ivory Coast
    Brasil vs Croatia

aso.

It's simply a change from order 1234 ( Germany , Costa Rica ; Poland ; Ecuador) to order 1342 in each group. Only thing, as I mentioned before, is that some 2nd and 3rd round matches wont have the correct home-away setting.

I'm pretty convinced that there might even be another group-order that gives you the complete correct preliminary games but I havent found that one yet.

Pretty happy with what I got.

Cheers

9. beyndtstng

beyndtstng Guest

At least I know with PES 4 and WE9I the order is somewhat random but usually after three or so tries I can get the correct order to work. The order that works for me is 1,3 1,2 1,4 Each number denotes the team position within the group. So give this a shot, I will use his group classification as a template. 1,3 is almost always the first game when you try to do this however sometimes they switch up 1,4 and 1,2. First post is the order of the games so for Group A Germany plays Costa Rica first, then Poland then Ecquador, the other games fall automatically into order if you get the first team's order right.

Group A

Germany
    Costa Rica
    Poland
    Ecuador

Group B

France
    Swiss
    South Korea
    Togo

Group C

Argentina
    Ivory Coast
    Serbia-Montenegro
    Netherlands

Group D

Italy
    Ghana
    USA
    Czech Republic

Group E

Spain
    Ukraine
    Saudi-Arabia
    Tunisia

Group F

England
    Paraguay
    Trinidad&Tobago
    Sweden

Group G

Brasil
    Croatia
    Australia
    Japan

Group H

Mexico
    Iran
    Angola
    Portugal

Then the correct order you should enter it will be the following (make sure you place your player controlled team in this order). This works for me not sure if it will work for everyone else so no flame pls. This is 1,3 1,2 1,4

Group A

Germany
    Poland
    Costa Rica
    Ecuador

Group B

France
    South Korea
    Swiss
    Togo

Group C

Argentina
    Serbia-Montenegro
    Ivory Coast
    Netherlands

Group D

Italy
    USA
    Ghana
    Czech Republic

Group E

Spain
    Saudi-Arabia
    Ukraine
    Tunisia

Group F

England
    Trinidad&Tobago
    Paraguay
    Sweden

Group G

Brasil
    Australia
    Croatia
    Japan

Group H

Mexico
    Angola
    Iran
    Portugal

This is 1,3 1,4 1,2.

Group A

Germany
    Ecuador
    Costa Rica
    Poland

Group B

France
    Togo
    Swiss
    South Korea

Group C

Argentina
    Netherlands
    Ivory Coast
    Serbia-Montenegro

Group D

Italy
    Czech Republic
    Ghana
    USA

Group E

Spain
    Tunisia
    Ukraine
    Saudi-Arabia

Group F

England
    Sweden
    Paraguay
    Trinidad&Tobago

Group G

Brasil
    Japan
    Croatia
    Australia

Group H

Mexico
    Portugal
    Iran
    Angola

Hope this helps.

10. erichlebt

erichlebt League 2

18 March 2002
    Germany

Just re-checked it and appears to be fine for me. Dont forget to set group names to 1-8 not A-H. Cant imagine anything other than that beeing the fault or just re-check the teams.

If you take the official order (group 1: 1 Germany ; 2 Costa Rica ; 3 Poland ; 4 Ecuador) you will simply need to change that 1234 into a 1342 for each group.

Maybe I could help.

Cheers

Last edited: 8 June 2006
  11. erichlebt

erichlebt League 2

18 March 2002
    Germany

Could be, gonna check on that one, but I opened numerous world cups in WE10 with the setting posted and always got the correct order of games, cant imagin it beeing coincidence.

Anyway, never say never, thanks mate.

12. cdahl

cdahl Conference

19 February 2004
    but ex. England, Trinidad&Tobago, Sweden and Paraguay is not in group 6, they are inn group 2..

Why have you mixed that up?

13. ezio

ezio League 2

6 August 2003
    New Jersey
    AS Roma
    I did do 1-8 and not A-H but maybe i messed up the order. I will double check. Thanks.

Ezio

14. erichlebt

erichlebt League 2

18 March 2002
    Germany

Thats due to the structure of the games tournament. In real life there will be

winner group A vs runner-up group B and of course
    runner-up group A vs winner group B

and so on. If you look at the table the game shows while selecting teams you will see that here the games are

winner group 1 vs runner-up group 6

and alike. Thats why you have to change groups to get a nearly realistic world cup in WE10.

15. Spawn_68

Spawn_68 Unstoppable !

25 December 2002
    Germany
    guys one question , me and a mate wanted ( and did ) play a world cup with two different teams in we10, but as our teams met in the semifinals there was no fucking option for playing versus with a second pad ? only player one could choose the kits and change his formations , the team formerly controlled by the second player now became a normal cpu opponent for player 1... please tell me we did something wrong or miss an option ( what i'm pretty sure of we didn't ) because if not i never ever will buy a pes/we game again after wasting so much time for absolutly nothing !

16. Golden Go@l

Golden Go@l League 1

19 February 2005
    I tried the order posted in douglemcnori's 'Anyway to replicate the World Cup on Winning Eleven 10' thread by PaoloRink. I haven't yet progressed passed the first round using PaoloRink's or erichlebt's order, but I have noticed that who you play within your four team group seems random. Sometimes the correct order occurs, other times not. :)

17. Golden Go@l

Golden Go@l League 1

19 February 2005
    Using the official list on the FIFA World Cup site and then restructuring using the 1-8 format, then applying your order within each group, Group 1-8 have the order 1423 not 1342. Maybe a type-o? Thanks. :)

Last edited: 9 June 2006
  18. ezio

ezio League 2

6 August 2003
    New Jersey
    AS Roma
    Thanks. I will try that.

Ezio

19. partylab

partylab Cojonudo

16 August 2003
    Germany
    Borussia Dortmund
    Dank dir, erichlebt!
    Thank you, beyndtstng!
    :)

20. Zygalski

Zygalski Ninja Samurai

2 February 2003
    London, UK
    England
    If someone opens a new thread on an existing topic it would make sense to provide a link to the old thread.

Now for someone else to open a new thread about how to play the world cup.......

21. erichlebt

erichlebt League 2

18 March 2002
    Germany

Old thread was going offtopic so I decided to not post it.

Here you go everyone: http://forums.evo-web.co.uk/showthread.php?t=31920

22. erichlebt

erichlebt League 2

18 March 2002
    Germany

as i mentioned i started lots of wc's with the structure mentioned (1342), ALWAYS got the correct games, cant see it beeing random or coincidence. No offense to anyone experiencing problems or other codes working, only stating what i experience.

If it doesnt work for you, try any other code provided.
    If this also wont help, sorry pal, have no clue what the problem might be.

23. Golden Go@l

Golden Go@l League 1

19 February 2005
    No worries. :) The 1423 I mentioned is the same as your 1342. Its backwards. I was using the FIFA World Cup site list as my start (1234) and then the order of the teams you used as the result (1423).

For example:

FIFA
    1. Germany
    2. Ecuador
    3. Costa Rica
    4. Poland

Your List
    1. Germany
    4. Poland
    2. Ecuador
    3. Costa Rica

The result is a 1423 order.

You did the reverse:

Your List
    1. Germany
    2. Poland
    3. Ecuador
    4. Costa Rica

FIFA
    1. Germany
    3. Ecuador
    4. Costa Rica
    2. Poland

The result is a 1342 order.

24. WalterVF

WalterVF League 2

20 December 2005
    Brazil
    Flamengo
    Hey man, thanks for remembering me ;)

I'm just glad I could help, and great work on the teams order by the way!

Congrats :mrgreen: