Winning Eleven Wii

morecoffeeman

Gooner
24 September 2004
North London
Arsenal FC
Seen this on magic box:

- Konami announced that its soccer game Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 [World Soccer Winning Eleven 2008] is coming to Wii, the Wii version will make full use of Wii Remote and Nunchuck.

Anyone heard anything about this?

Screens:

screenshot_186665.jpg

screenshot_186669.jpg

screenshot_186660.jpg

Last edited:
I was being serious, I like the circles and the arrows - reminds me of an old game, can't think of what it was. UEFA Striker on the Dreamcast perhaps? But I like all that. Looks good, bit more inspirational than the Wii FIFA I have to say.

I saw the video and I have to say that the graphics look like PS2,
but the gameplay is awesome. Its way better then PS3 and XBox360.
Graphics is certainly important, but GAMEPLAY is MORE important.
This is what I call the Next-Gen Winning Eleven.

I really like how you could move the players who doesn't have the ball
to open spaces.

That video is hilarious while you are making all the free runs i will be stealing the ball from the player who has it with no control.

And the offside while you all rush forward i wont pass the ball and just run past your whole defense like some amateur Sunday league team.

All football games ar wii sucks:twisted:
PS3/360 versions are far better than that

If you dont like it you wont like PES2009. Thats the direction it will go in.

Fully manual control. Just shows that PES2008 is a stepping stone release

Wii version looks great

Fifa 08 on the Wii is actually great they pretty much nailed the controls in that game, only a few found it unplayable. Although there's only been one football game on the Wii so you can't really form a opinion yet.

So your opinion that Football games on Wii sucks is complete rubbish and please don't go on about how it doesn't have "uber shiny graphix" so it sucks.
It'll be interesting what Konami comes up with this.

Last edited:
Full Interview whit producer Akiyoshi 'Greyhound' Chosogabe:

Pro Evolution Soccer has long been a lunchtime favourite and with the series finally competing on all formats, this is going to be one to watch as it takes on EA's FIFA franchise.

While the PS3 version of PES has been grabbing all the attention (it's set to debut this month) it's the intriguing Wii version which has PES purists scratching their beards, wondering just what the series has in store.

While we had a first glimpse of Pro Evo 2008 on Wii at last week's Pro Evo finals in Seville, we also managed to have a word with Akiyoshi 'Greyhound' Chosogabe, producer of the Wii version. Trivia fans might like to know that he first cut his teeth on the Pro Evo Management title.

Before you go, don't forget to check out our exclusive news about the Classic Controller, where you'll also discover a splendid movie detailing PES Wii's intriguing new control method.

What's been the most challenging part about developing a version of PES for Wii?

Greyhound: It was challenging to create a brand new control system and the most difficult thing for me was having a brand new way of thinking. Of course all of the development team are core PES fans, but even some of the team didn't initially like the idea of a brand new control system. But I wanted to create a brand new PES.

We've only seen the game in the training mode, don't you think controlling several players at the same time in a real game could prove difficult?

Greyhound: I showed you an actual match in the trailer on the screen yesterday and I'm just using the training mode because time is very limited.

But it's not so difficult to use this control scheme in an actual match. I think players will easily get used to this control method, but I wanted to show the simple method and training is the easiest way to show this.

Would you say the Wii version is one for hardcore players? Wii is geared more towards casual players in Europe, is this the same in Japan?

Greyhound: In the beginning I wondered if we would have to create a casual game, because the Wii is a more of a casual player's machine. But I thought it would be boring if we create it as a more casual game. Therefore in the beginning I abandoned any plans to make this a more casual version and started to look for a brand new direction.

With Mario Strikers Charged Nintendo created the first online game for Wii in Europe. Did you ever consider including an online mode in Wii PES?

Greyhound: I'm still in research and development to have Wi-Fi functionality, but currently there are some issues to be solved before we have an online version of the game.

Did you ever consider controlling the game with your feet? Using the Wii-mote in that way? Using your foot to shoot for example?

Greyhound: In the beginning we had the idea of putting the Nunchuck controller on your boot and actually one of the team put it on his foot.

But it wasn't quite as interesting as we expected [laughs]. The guy who put the controller on his foot looked very awkward and it did not look like playing football at all. It looked like he had something wrong with his foot, so it was not a very successful experiment.

As well as the new control scheme, will you support the Classic Controller with this Wii version?

Greyhound: The base of this Wii version is the PS2 version, so technically it's possible to have classic control. But I'm focussing on creating a brand new game system so I don't have any plans to use the Classic Controller.

While the unique control method will satisfy Wii players, do you think there's a danger traditional PES fans might not want to re-learn their tried and trusted control method?

Greyhound: Everything we are doing, especially with test players shows some of the development staff can read their opponent's mind by seeing the arrows on the screen. So I would like you to practice the game very hard. If you practice hard I think you will be able to find a good method.

Could your control method form a basis for the DS version of the game?

Greyhound: I'm not involved in development of the DS version but we're exploring some opportunities there.

Moving away from PES Wii for a moment, you produced the Pro Evo Management game, any chance we'll see a return for that series?

Greyhound: I'm very happy to have that question. Personally I would like to continue that management series but the company has this new direction [on Wii].

I would love to do the next version of PES management, I would be very happy to include some PES management features in the next Wii version of the game.

Source

gameplay actually looks better but i don't like the idea of playing a footy game with handy wii controllers and that much graphics on the pitch that distracts the passes and everything, can't wait for pes2009 on ps3

gameplay actually looks better but i don't like the idea of playing a footy game with handy wii controllers and that much graphics on the pitch that distracts the passes and everything, can't wait for pes2009 on ps3
Wii version will be interesting to see.

Wouldnt wait for the 2009 PES NEXT GEN.... It will disappoint us the same way 2008 did im sure! Seabass will come up with a new excuse "We need the money for our New Years Eve party!!"....

i dont really care about next gen graphics i hope that $eabass will realize that gameplay sells more and if pes09 won't improve the game play then im sure 2009 will be the last year for we/pes as countdown ends at 10.

Wii version will be interesting to see.

Wouldnt wait for the 2009 PES NEXT GEN.... It will disappoint us the same way 2008 did im sure! Seabass will come up with a new excuse "We need the money for our New Years Eve party!!"....

Lets hope that it happens so EA gets back to crappy FIFA...without any competition...its 1998 all over again...

Gameplay is the CORE ELEMENT of everything. If its crap it doenst matter how amazing the graphics are.

thats what i say, many people think that "next-gen" is amazing graphics and how realistic the game looks to detail such as untuck jersey sweat and the hair movements... who cares about those improve the gameplay for next gen engine so we can enjoy without those amazing graphical realism

Back
Top Bottom