Will Chelski win the Prem - 2

Will Chelski still win the Prem?

• Anyone other than those 3 will win it!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

CW

C Dub
Founding Member
6 October 2001
Liverpool
As we hit the start of February I feel the need to update this poll.

Chelsea have a couple of injuries and are now only 9 points clear of their nearest rivals, does anyone think that will make a difference or is that 9 point gap only going to increase?

I think it all depends on how long both Robben and Drogba are out for, as you seen against Man City, they needed the 2 of them badly..

If Robben is out for awhile and they continue to use that 4-3-3 formation, then I dont think they will win it, plus with the rumours about Ashley Cole and whatnot, they might get some points deducted.

they didnt play 4-3-3 against city, well not to start with anyway. . . I still cant see anyone other then them winning it tbh. If they were conceding goals maybe, but they're not, so . .

This is going along differently to the first poll, with Robben now out for what appears to be the rest of the season will they suffer that badly or is this just a minor dip?

CWright said:
........and are now only 9 points clear of their nearest rivals,

LOL.............Only 9? Jeez, I'm sure there's a lot of people that think leagues with this kind of difference think it's all over and a bit of a joke? :roll: The league is finished and it's almost as boring as last year, last year it was Arsenal with the rest falling over each other, now it's Chelsea. (Although at least it can now be classed a 3 horse race from the start anyway for next season), although it has taken in excess of £200m for another team to compete for the fandabidosi highly competitive EPL title.

FD

robben out! They tied a match. Yeah it's amazing they tied a match. They are "only" 9 points ahead!

Ask yourselves one question! Is Man Utd gonna win all of the remaining fixtures? Arsenal? o.O

Chelsea won't win them all, actually Mourinho already said he is expecting to lose more points the next match!

fd1972uk said:
LOL.............Only 9? Jeez, I'm sure there's a lot of people that think leagues with this kind of difference think it's all over and a bit of a joke? :roll: The league is finished and it's almost as boring as last year, last year it was Arsenal with the rest falling over each other, now it's Chelsea. (Although at least it can now be classed a 3 horse race from the start anyway for next season), although it has taken in excess of £200m for another team to compete for the fandabidosi highly competitive EPL title.

FD

How can a Scot complain about a league being boring and repetitive? Can anyone see Arbroath wining the Scottish Prem this year? No, once again it will be either Celtic or Rangers. Get back in your box 8)

CWright said:
How can a Scot complain about a league being boring and repetitive? Can anyone see Arbroath wining the Scottish Prem this year? No, once again it will be either Celtic or Rangers. Get back in your box 8)

He was being ironic.

Arbroath aren't in the Scottish Premier League. :study:

He has a point though, the way I see it the EPL is becoming like the SPL. Look at the top 2 in the EPL, they are by far the 2 richest clubs in the league *sigh*. I maybe a little biased as a gooner but I think it's very bad news if its a Chelsea and Man Utd top 2. Because lets face it no one apart from Arsenal is competing with them and the gap is getting bigger between 3rd and 4th every year, who are going to be the teams that spend money in the summer as well..?. If Arsenal drop out of it then I think its a nightmare not just for us but also for all the neutral fans of small/medium clubs. I mean how can you cheer on either of them, one is at the top purely on corrupt Russian finance and the other have more fans in Malaysia than over here. I really hope this doesn't happen but its so difficult for other clubs to compete with their wealth.

bart.gif
http://http://www.northumbrian-windsurfing.org.uk/forum/avatars/bart.gif

For you info, we don't propose to having the best league, teams, players, but I do know something..........you know I'm right. 3 winners since the formation of the EPL means it's very uncompetitive for the league honours, not saying it's not exciting, but the same can be said about a lot of leagues. And we won't even go into the European arena.

FD

Nobody can win to Mourinho, he can't be arrogante but he is serious this year I belive than he'll win all competitions.

i think it looks better the two weeks ago, chelsea is a complteley different team without robben... joe cole is not a quality replacement, so you look at the bench, and they dont seem to have anyone to fill his shoes... everton has been playing well all season so i can see them beating chelesea 1-0... and doesnt united and arsenal play chelsea each one more time, i say its far from over and should be pretty exciting...

jesus christ i just looked at the fixture list and first of all, whoever is in charge of schedling for the FA should be hung by his balls in the middle of london, after everton its west brom, norwich, palace, and then southampton!!!! however

chelsea's hopes of landing the quadruple have been dealt a severe blow with the news that winger Arjen Robben will be out for six weeks with a broken foot.

Arjen Robben gets treatment at Ewood Park (RossKinnaird/GettyImages)
The 21-year-old Holland international limped out of last week's win at Blackburn Rovers minutes after scoring the only goal of the game.

Once the initial swelling around the injury had subsided an MRI scan revealed a double break that could keep the Blues star sidelined for up to two months.

Robben will miss crucial games including the Carling Cup final against Liverpool and the first leg of the Champions League last-16 clash against Barcelona.

'Six weeks is the average time to heal this injury and then I need a few more weeks to be completely fit again," Robben told Dutch newspaper Algemeen Dagblad.

'I had the feeling directly that it was a serious injury but because of the swelling it was impossible to make a final diagnose.

'It felt different than last summer when I had the same injury on my other foot.

'Then I could walk already after three days but I stayed sidelined for a long period. I hope that it will take me now six to eight weeks.'

Of the double break, Chelsea physio Mike Banks said: 'One is a chip on the side of his foot, the other is a small break on the third metatarsal.'

'But this is not the traditional metatarsal that has become so famous since the last World Cup and which has kept Scott Parker out for two months, the fractures are tiny and he could be playing next month,' Banks added on the club's website.

Robben suffered a similar injury in pre-season and missed the first part of this campaign, but has impressed since his return to fitness.

The £12million summer signing from Dutch side PSV Eindhoven has been the driving force behind Chelsea's title bid this season, with his side nine points clear at the top of the Premiership and still involved in three cup competitions.

Chelsea drew 0-0 with Manchester City in their first game since the forward's absence and previously struggled to score at the start of the season when Robben was injured.

Robben said: 'This is a disaster. Everything was going so well. It is a massive blow and comes just at the moment when I was in top shape.'

And Holland coach Marco Van Basten has warned the youngster that he may have to learn to tackle differently to avoid the foot injuries that adversely effected him.

Former AC Milan star Van Basten, whose career was ended by a foot injury, told the Evening Standard: 'Every defender knows they must eliminate Robben. Maybe he must learn to go differently, more lightfooted into a duel. I had to do that in the past. That is something he'll learn.'

Blackburn's defensive midfielder Aaron Mokoena, who perpatrated the tackle on Robben, has apologised but insists it was just one of those thing.

Speaking in Durban, where he is due to captain South Africa against Australia, the 24-year-old said: 'I feel really bad about it. It was not something I intended.

'I didn't mean to do it. When I'm in the field I am a player motivated to do a job. But I never want to hurt anyone. It was just unfortunate what happened.'

Here are some facts about Chelsea that I found in the newspaper.

With Robben
Played: 25 Won: 21 Drawn: 3 Lost: 1
Goals for: 55 Goals Against: 11
Win Percentage: 84%
Average goals per game: 2.2 goals

Without Robben
Played: 14 Won: 9 Drawn: 4 Lost: 1
Goals for: 16 Goals Against: 3
Win Percentage: 64%
Average goals per game: 1.1 goals

Maybe this is the start of Chelsea's blip...

Professor Nutmeg said:
:lol:

How about we forget stats, ifs, buts, and maybes and just watch the remainder of the season unfold. That's the only way we're going to find out.

I don't know whats so funny cuz without Robben, Chelsea definately are a different team. He's your main supply of goals and the stats back that up.
Right now, Man Utd are playing like a better team.

You guys are funny. Doing algebra to plot the decline of Chelsea against the rise of another team, with Robben being x... I just find it amusing that's all. I can't tell you how Chelsea will do, nobody can. I'm just going to patiently wait and see. ;)

Professor Nutmeg said:
You guys are funny. Doing algebra to plot the decline of Chelsea against the rise of another team, with Robben being x... I just find it amusing that's all. I can't tell you how Chelsea will do, nobody can. I'm just going to patiently wait and see. ;)

I just posted a few numbers, not algebra. And I'm just trying to point out that with Robben, you scored 55 goals while without you scored 16. I think thats the only laughing matter here.

Chelski were a new team with a new manager at the start of this season, its no wonder they didnt start playing well until a couple of months into the season. Fact is they dont concede goals and dont need to score 5 goals a game to make sure they get 3 points.

loz said:
Chelski were a new team with a new manager at the start of this season, its no wonder they didnt start playing well until a couple of months into the season. Fact is they dont concede goals and dont need to score 5 goals a game to make sure they get 3 points.
3 points loz or 1....

The point is they are based on a team ethic. Granted a playerof Robbens ability can take them to a different level, but to say they are going to blow the title just because he isnt playing is rubbish. Look at other players in their team that can create and score goals, Lamps, Duff, Drogba, Gudjohnsen, Cole, the list goes on . . .

Back
Top Bottom