Who would you have wanted on the front of Pro Evolution 6?

Who would you have prefered on the front of PES 6

• Adriano

Votes: 9 6.3%
  • Thierry Henry

Votes: 14 9.9%
  • John Terry

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Ronaldinho

Votes: 17 12.0%
  • Wayne Rooney

Votes: 21 14.8%
  • Drogba

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Samuel Eto

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • David Beckham

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Combination of players

Votes: 38 26.8%
  • Other

Votes: 30 21.1%

• Total voters

nickgarratt

A gooner till i die!
20 August 2005
Arsenal
everyone knows adriano is the new face of Pro Evolution Soccer 6, but who would of wanted someone else on it? lets hear your thoughts?

Last edited:
I voted "Other", for "Could not give two shits". Why the hell should anybody care? As far as I'm concerned, Konami, save yourself a couple of million and put a picture of some goalposts on the box.

Becks.
Why?
It will sell like hotcakes, so more money, whioch should "hopefully" mean more lisences because patchiong next gen will be tough.

Last edited:
Jack Bauer said:
I voted "Other", for "Could not give two shits". Why the hell should anybody care? As far as I'm concerned, Konami, save yourself a couple of million and put a picture of some goalposts on the box.

Advertising sells well.

I'd have 3 attacking players from the top 3 leagues. Which 3 players? I'll let you people decide. ;)

i put roanldinhio course he is the best player in the world for the best footie game in the world :)

Threads like this make me cry.

This used to be a mainly fluff free zone, I fear those days are disappearing. :(

Dar said:

This used to be a mainly fluff free zone, I fear those days are disappearing. :(

sorry, i won't make any more threads up then ;)

David Beckham, it's the only way the brain-deads would choose it over FIFA.

More sales = More licences, better game next year...

thus making Chris very happy to play as fully licenced Tranmere ;)

The Game with the best gameplay should have the best Player who has the best real life gameplay and omg its ronnie ronaldinho...

or maybe a combination of ronaldinho vs Beckham...Barca vs Madrid...could be fun

NickSCFC said:
David Beckham, it's the only way the brain-deads would choose it over FIFA.
The only way that I see the brain-deads (haha, excellent term) switching to Pro Evo is to borrow it from a mate or play a demo, then thinking "my God, what have I wasted the last eight years on FIFA for?" 99% of the FIFA lovers I used to know switched to Pro Evo because a mate lent it them for a week. As far as I'm concerned, it's a complete waste of money paying anybody to feature on the cover. If you want a fancy telly advert, then that's something else, but it doesn't have to include celebrities. The best ads I remember seeing this World Cup are the ones without the celebs - in-fact, the most annoying ones are the ones that feature them ("ey Roberto, pass the Pringles" and Joe Cole running around like a headless chicken being the main two). Oh, minus the Carlsberg ad with the old England players in, which is the best advert I've ever seen.

NickSCFC said:
thus making Chris very happy to play as fully licenced Tranmere ;)
With World Football Climax featuring Tranmere, as well as a few other new football games, and after reading Seabass's opinion that he is NOT creating a "simulation" game but rather an "arcade" game, it's become more than clear to me that Pro Evo is always going to be about having the best teams in fictional Super Leagues. PES6 and the game that will follow on XBOX 360 have been confirmed to have "the same features" as WE10, meaning the Master League et all will remain the way they are now. Konami even moved away from a three-league format years ago, which was MILES better than the current ML format, which is purely about being the champions of Europe.

For lower-league fans like me, it's only going to get worse, not better.

according to sum report i read about 3 weeks ago ronaldinho is the most expensive player in terms of marketing, over tkain beckham for this year alone ..... hes here there and everywhere. Would be a good idea though?

I still think that many people no offence in less fringe countries were piracy isn't big, if they see David Beckham they will buy it because he is a massive figure in footy.

Dar said:

:lol: Adding to the fluffiness factor I'd like it to be in a SWOS 2006/2007 box with a big sticker on it saying we've bought them lock stock and just melded the two into the best game ever... Oh if you need a big glossy pick of a footballer we've have wasted 100k on a life-size pick of some twonk to stick on yer wall...

Not really too fussed who is on the front cover. So long as the game inside the cover is good :)

DJ

NickSCFC said:
Anyone but Adriano, a world cup flop who no one even recognises.

I hope to God they manage to keep Henry on the cover.

Most true football fans do. Not saying that he's an excellent player.

Gerrard would be nice. Since Seabass is now a Liverpool supporter it could be likely for a future game.

Agreed about Henry. He's gotta stay.

Last edited:
NickSCFC said:
Anyone but Adriano, a world cup flop who no one even recognises.

I hope to God they manage to keep Henry on the cover.

Adriano is a world star. He might not be as big over here, but in other PES/WE playing countries he's more recognisable than Henry.

I'd like to see a different cover this time, nothing like that WE zico or "insert who the hell is he?" crap. Last years Terry vs Henry was kinda scary though.

but before worrying about the cover, god please let them get rid of Trevor Brooking already! [-o<

As long as it says "Pro Evolution Soccer 6 & Xbox 360" on the front cover ill be able to buy the right game :) and also play it too! It doesnt really bother me who or what they put on the front cover.

DJ

Back
Top Bottom