1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

Who would you have wanted on the front of Pro Evolution 6?

Discussion in 'Pro Evolution Soccer - PC, PS2, PSP, Wii, DS' started by nickgarratt, 18 June 2006.

Who would you have prefered on the front of PES 6

1. Adriano

9 vote(s)
    6.3%
  2. Thierry Henry

14 vote(s)
    9.9%
  3. John Terry

2 vote(s)
    1.4%
  4. Ronaldinho

17 vote(s)
    12.0%
  5. Wayne Rooney

21 vote(s)
    14.8%
  6. Drogba

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Samuel Eto

5 vote(s)
    3.5%
  8. David Beckham

6 vote(s)
    4.2%
  9. Combination of players

38 vote(s)
    26.8%
  10. Other

30 vote(s)
    21.1%
  1. nickgarratt

nickgarratt A gooner till i die!

20 August 2005
    Arsenal
    everyone knows adriano is the new face of Pro Evolution Soccer 6, but who would of wanted someone else on it? lets hear your thoughts?

Last edited: 18 June 2006
  2. Chris Davies

Chris Davies At least, I think I am Staff

14 May 2003
    Tranmere Rovers
    I voted "Other", for "Could not give two shits". Why the hell should anybody care? As far as I'm concerned, Konami, save yourself a couple of million and put a picture of some goalposts on the box.

3. ash

ash DeMinistrator

21 March 2004
    London
    Man Utd
    Becks.
    Why?
    It will sell like hotcakes, so more money, whioch should "hopefully" mean more lisences because patchiong next gen will be tough.

Last edited: 18 June 2006
  4. AgentSmithMatrix

AgentSmithMatrix League 1

14 July 2004
    Liverpool
    Advertising sells well.

I'd have 3 attacking players from the top 3 leagues. Which 3 players? I'll let you people decide. ;)

5. Gorskino10

Gorskino10 Guest

i put roanldinhio course he is the best player in the world for the best footie game in the world :)

6. Dar

Dar Fullonrapist Staff

21 February 2003
    Dublin
    Threads like this make me cry.

This used to be a mainly fluff free zone, I fear those days are disappearing. :(

7. airjoca

airjoca International

29 July 2003
    Amadora, Portugal
    SL Benfica
    Each country with their own cover, with a player from each league. Which would mean that all leagues would be licensed...

* wakes up *

:)

8. Stan

Stan Allez les Lionceaux !!!

12 September 2002
    Claudia Schiffer (well a beautiful girl)...

9. nickgarratt

nickgarratt A gooner till i die!

20 August 2005
    Arsenal
    sorry, i won't make any more threads up then ;)

10. NickSCFC

NickSCFC Banned

18 July 2003
    Stoke-on-Trent, UK
    Stoke City/Liverpool
    David Beckham, it's the only way the brain-deads would choose it over FIFA.

More sales = More licences, better game next year...

thus making Chris very happy to play as fully licenced Tranmere ;)

11. lazylen

lazylen Conference

14 October 2004
    The Game with the best gameplay should have the best Player who has the best real life gameplay and omg its ronnie ronaldinho...

or maybe a combination of ronaldinho vs Beckham...Barca vs Madrid...could be fun

12. Chris Davies

Chris Davies At least, I think I am Staff

14 May 2003
    Tranmere Rovers
    The only way that I see the brain-deads (haha, excellent term) switching to Pro Evo is to borrow it from a mate or play a demo, then thinking "my God, what have I wasted the last eight years on FIFA for?" 99% of the FIFA lovers I used to know switched to Pro Evo because a mate lent it them for a week. As far as I'm concerned, it's a complete waste of money paying anybody to feature on the cover. If you want a fancy telly advert, then that's something else, but it doesn't have to include celebrities. The best ads I remember seeing this World Cup are the ones without the celebs - in-fact, the most annoying ones are the ones that feature them ("ey Roberto, pass the Pringles" and Joe Cole running around like a headless chicken being the main two). Oh, minus the Carlsberg ad with the old England players in, which is the best advert I've ever seen.

With World Football Climax featuring Tranmere, as well as a few other new football games, and after reading Seabass's opinion that he is NOT creating a "simulation" game but rather an "arcade" game, it's become more than clear to me that Pro Evo is always going to be about having the best teams in fictional Super Leagues. PES6 and the game that will follow on XBOX 360 have been confirmed to have "the same features" as WE10, meaning the Master League et all will remain the way they are now. Konami even moved away from a three-league format years ago, which was MILES better than the current ML format, which is purely about being the champions of Europe.

For lower-league fans like me, it's only going to get worse, not better.

13. Zidane87

Zidane87 League 2

22 July 2004
    London Blud!!!!
    Real Madrid
    according to sum report i read about 3 weeks ago ronaldinho is the most expensive player in terms of marketing, over tkain beckham for this year alone ..... hes here there and everywhere. Would be a good idea though?

14. ash

ash DeMinistrator

21 March 2004
    London
    Man Utd
    I still think that many people no offence in less fringe countries were piracy isn't big, if they see David Beckham they will buy it because he is a massive figure in footy.

15. jambotommy

jambotommy Praying for the miracle..

7 August 2004
    Narnia
    Hearts
    I hear ye mate,I hear ye !!!

:applause:
    :lmao:

16. Nick Cave

Nick Cave Wrexham fan for my sins...

10 July 2004
    Non football league waste land...
    Wrexham AFC
    :lol: Adding to the fluffiness factor I'd like it to be in a SWOS 2006/2007 box with a big sticker on it saying we've bought them lock stock and just melded the two into the best game ever... Oh if you need a big glossy pick of a footballer we've have wasted 100k on a life-size pick of some twonk to stick on yer wall...

17. djdoc

djdoc Guest

Not really too fussed who is on the front cover. So long as the game inside the cover is good :)

DJ

18. Slickhenry

Slickhenry Guest

Michelle Marsh and Lucy Pinder.

19. jaygrim

jaygrim TheAllSeeingEye

26 July 2005
    Everywhere.
    Man Utd
    Me, NAKED.

20. Dazfeeder

Dazfeeder Harvester of Sorrow

24 September 2003
    Manchester United
    The Chuckle Brothers in the new Southend strip, Textbook

21. NickSCFC

NickSCFC Banned

18 July 2003
    Stoke-on-Trent, UK
    Stoke City/Liverpool
    Anyone but Adriano, a world cup flop who no one even recognises.

I hope to God they manage to keep Henry on the cover.

22. AgentSmithMatrix

AgentSmithMatrix League 1

14 July 2004
    Liverpool
    Most true football fans do. Not saying that he's an excellent player.

Gerrard would be nice. Since Seabass is now a Liverpool supporter it could be likely for a future game.

Agreed about Henry. He's gotta stay.

Last edited: 2 July 2006
  23. Adonis

Adonis Guest

Adriano is a world star. He might not be as big over here, but in other PES/WE playing countries he's more recognisable than Henry.

24. Terryb47

Terryb47 Conference

4 August 2004
    I'd like to see a different cover this time, nothing like that WE zico or "insert who the hell is he?" crap. Last years Terry vs Henry was kinda scary though.

but before worrying about the cover, god please let them get rid of Trevor Brooking already! [-o<

25. juce

juce Premiership

7 November 2003
    riquelme

26. the_thing

the_thing ps3!

4 August 2004
    Toronto
    Juve, MU
    Cannavaro

27. The great Zizou

28. winning11

winning11 Conference

20 July 2005
    klaas jan huntelaar :P

29. fozziebear39

fozziebear39 Non-League

16 May 2003
    St Helens
    :D :D

30. djdoc

djdoc Guest

As long as it says "Pro Evolution Soccer 6 & Xbox 360" on the front cover ill be able to buy the right game :) and also play it too! It doesnt really bother me who or what they put on the front cover.

DJ