Votes: 7 10.6%
  • FC Zenith St-Pétersbourg

Votes: 13 19.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fiorentina for the win.
Having seen the match yesterday night, I'd surely say Fiorentina. Amazing Montolivo, great Mutu and supreme Frey even if Gomes played even better I think (and that's the thing that reveals that Fiorentina CAN win it).

Bayern will win it, but i think that Fiorentina and Rangers have good chances too...

Rangers- Fiorentina tonight. I'm anticipating a good game. But I've heard that Rangers have many injuries. I think Fiorentina will get a result tonight. They're in great form and are taking the competition seriously. Their performance against PSV was great and almost flawless.

Rangers- Fiorentina tonight. I'm anticipating a good game. But I've heard that Rangers have many injuries. I think Fiorentina will get a result tonight. They're in great form and are taking the competition seriously. Their performance against PSV was great and almost flawless.

i dunno, mate. that's the last step before the final, so definitely fiorentina will have to take it seriously.
but, watching fiorentina in the last few weeks, i notced the guys are really getting tired. Sconcerti noticed too. actually he said that right now fiorentina have nothing more that 60 minutes of football in their legs.
and infact, last week, against palermo, even though we were playing with one man less, fiorentina was really stressed by the rosanero attacks from the 60th minute on.

moreover sunday they'll have to play the most important match of the season, against sampdoria. they absolutely can't afford to loose it, coz otherwise, milan and sampdoria would become serious threats for the 4 place race (and, talking about money, the 4th place in serie a is much more important than the uefa cup itself).

finally, they'll miss donadel tonite... and this will be a huuuge loss, coz he's the player u absolutely dont wanna miss in a midfield-battle match like tonight's one.

not to mention dainelli's recent (very) poor form (kroldrup should take his place) and ujfalusi's injury....

i honestly think this will be a very tough match for fiorentina. rangers will push them in their own midfield and, without donadel "biting the opponent's legs" in the middle, it will be very hard for the viola to resist to the scottish pressure.

and there's also another factor; how will the viola youngguns (kuzmanovic, montolivo, pazzini, santana, gamberini, etc...) handle the pressure in such an important match.... on such a "scary" scenario (the scots are always a very serious opponent on their own turf, and the atmosphere at ibrox will be quite scaring for the viola kids).

however that's just my opinion and i hope i'm wrong ;)):))

Last edited:
Wooh
Good result at Munchen. Even Nando did his best tonight.
Where was Ribery in the 2nd half? :D

Ribery needs to rest for some days, he was totally exhausted after 30 mins.
Luckily the league title is almost a sure thing already and we can give him and some others the time they need until we approach the 2nd leg.
I'm confident we can grab a win in Petersburg, it's the most important game of the season while the other competitions are already done with for most parts. All concentration will lie on that very game, unlike tonight. :)

yep. got to say i was very surprised by rangers approach to the game.... and definitely i was completely wrong in my previous post :-pp

It was a second string team due to injuries and suspensions. Without our best players a 0-0 draw is great. Plus I'm sure we had one eye on Sunday's game against Celtc.

It was a second string team due to injuries and suspensions. Without our best players a 0-0 draw is great. Plus I'm sure we had one eye on Sunday's game against Celtc.

i see. i knew about the many missing players, but i didn't know rangers too had an important match to face sunday. that makes sense now ;))

i see. i knew about the many missing players, but i didn't know rangers too had an important match to face sunday. that makes sense now ;))

Our fixture list for the rest of the season is a complete and utter mess.

Sunday 27 April
Celtic v Rangers 12.30pm - Live on Setanta Sports

Sunday 4 May
Hibernian v Rangers 2pm - Live on Setanta Sports

Wednesday 7 May
Rangers v Motherwell 7.45pm - Live on Setanta Sports

Saturday 10 May
Rangers v Dundee Utd 12.30pm - Live on Setanta Sports

Wednesday 14 May
UEFA Cup Final - Manchester 7.45pm - Live on ITV4

Saturday 17 May
Motherwell v Rangers 12.30pm - Live on Setanta Sports