• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PHCOGL

Championship
18 September 2007
Germany
Dortmund, Bayreuth
Hi,
the original german number 1 for the World Cup, Rene Adler has broken his ridge and will be operated next days.
This means that germany needs a new keeper.
Who you think will be choosen by Löw, and why?

Manuel Neuer (24, Schalke 04)
Tim Wiese (28, Werder Bremen)
Frank Rost (36, HSV)
Hans-Jörg Butt (36, Bayern München)
Jens Lehmann (40, Stuttgart)

or someone else?

Isn't the answer to that clear?
Adler was number 1, Neuer his backup, Wiese Neuer's backup.
So: Manuel Neuer will ...

The real interesting question is: Who will Löw nominate as his third choice keeper? Weidenfeller, I think. Would be nice for him.

Neuer his backup, Wiese Neuer's backup.

this has never been said clearly.

i vote for wiese, because he was the better keeper over the whole season compared to neuer, who made a lot of mistakes recently + wiese has more interntional experience.

but it think neuer will make it, because löw has gone crazy.

Neuer will probably get but it's such a shame for Adler. :(

And if RIP, Enke :( was still alive, he would or should've led out Germany as #1 in this world cup.

it's right that the probabillity that Neuer will be #1 is ca 70%.
but IMO i would give a chance to Butt, because he play a nearly clean season and has many international experiences... and with him germany gots a perfect penalty shooter :D

I would go for Neuer as #1. Butt as #2 because of good season and experience. And Weidenfeller as #3. I prefer him over other choices in the poll including Tim Wiese who I'm not a big fan of.

EDIT:
p.s. So it's official that Adler will miss the world cup? Damn, that must have broken his heart!

Last edited:
we have a luxury problem in the german goal. we have many goalkeepers with international class, as always.

so neuer will be #1, wiese #12 and Butt/weidenfeller #23.

So i hope he will nominate Butt, because this keeper you can bring in the 120min. an he will make the penalty and maybe saves one :)

and the world knows... at penalty shootouts we are nearly unbeatable.

Neuer will be the best option for a number 1 and a good choice for number 3 would be Butt, he played a great second part of the season and is nearly in the form he was in 2002 with Bayer.

Nominating Lehmann would be the biggest mistake in Löw's career. He was the most discusting german national keeper of all time and always scandalous. Not the behaviour you would need to be a good keeper.

Jens Lehmann has played 68 times for the German national team, at world cups, European championships and many other events.

Neuer has played twice for Germany, against the Emirates (a very poor team on a par with Andorra or San Marino) and Ivory Coast (a good team and he played very badly letting in a cheap goal).

Wiese has played two games (one was for 45 mins against England in Berlin) and the other I think was Norway or someone. Anyway he is not a focused keeper and will make spectacular blunders on the big stage, eg Weder v Juve.

Frost has played 4 games for the National team but most of these were around 10 years ago. And similarly Butt has played 3 games most of which were 10 years ago (including the likes of Lichtenstein).

It should be Lehmann as an "emergency" keeper given the injury to the Radler and also the tragedy of Enke.

Every keeper makes mistakes. Wiese has been the most consisten this year. Him, Neuer, Rost, Weidenfeller, Lehmann, Butt - They all have the class and (more importantly) the form to be #1.
No worries there.

According to Sport1 and n-tv Hans-Jörg Butt has been nominated by Joachim Löw to be #3 in South Africa. The other part of the speculation mentiones Butt sitting next to Wiese on the bench while Manuel Neuer will play as number 1.

Since I'm from Serbia I hope nobody will actually save it, but what about Adler?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom