Who were you when you played footie?

Batistuta, Schelotto, Palermo, Riquelme, Maradona, or Valderrama lol

Jorge Bermudez when I would play defense lol...

I was always Cantona or Bryan Robson. If my mates played as a United player I would be Klinnsman of Spurs!

Good thread! Ah the memories........

Depended on were i was playing, but it was either cantona or jamie redknapp. Used to mostly play left midfield and / or centre attacking midfield and was usually the one in the team that sprayed the ball about and gave the through passes for the strikers to run onto (ala redknapp) Also had some moments of ridiculous skill (flicked back heels, 360 zidane turns (beating 2 men in the process) and once even playing as cd i ran through the oppo team beating about 4/5 men before sloting the ball in the left bottom corner) which i usually saw from cantona back then. Was probably in the ages of 14-16 when this all happend. Sadly like the redknapp skill i also ended up with an injury problem to my knees at the age of 16 from which point on football went downhill. Which was doubly a shame as at that point in time feyenoord were interested in me to play in one of their youth teams (which i only found out a few years later).

Ah the memories, i used to be quite good me :lol:

Similar story with a mate of mine. He was always Gordon Hill and was a fantastic player, but one night he was being chased after robbing a house and he fell and broke both his ankles. Man City were interested in him at the time...

Lucky for him on second thoughts

Valderrama ...I even bleached my hair blonde , but it looked orange /tan :lol: all my school books had his name on it, I even spray painted his name on street signs. I even try speaking Spanish w/ an colombian accent.

Maradona is special in so many ways...

Alex Zickler was my favorite player when I got into soccer mid-nineties so I always wore his jersey. But I prefered to compare my petty skills with the likes of Mehmet Scholl or Jurgen Klinsmann. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom