Who in your opinion will be the biggest flop of the season?

Neoexodus

SLB Juve Barça Arsenal
8 November 2007
Portugal
Question says it all.

Even if the market isn't closed, so far, who is going to be the guy that is going to fail completely?
I chose to not add any polls because there are still going to happen some new transfers so just post your opinion atm, either from what you've seen in friendlies or what you believe.

Add a reason if you want as well.

Cristiano, because he would have to do wonders to even scratch at the expectations the enormous transfer fee, his earnings and the general medial hype created. As good as he is ... he's not Zizou.
Not to forget that Real has a big, big problem: Barca.

That said, I guess Kaka will really shine at Bernabeu. :)

How on earth will Ibra be a flop having the best team in the world around? I think the big flop will be again Man City as a whole, followed closely by Tottenham (even if I like them a lot). I left Ronaldinho out of this because he already earned the award this last season.

Well drekkard i hesitated for Spurs (i'm a fan) and Ibrahimovic.
I think Barcelona made a big mistake in swapping Ibrahimovic for Eto'o. I think with players like Messi and Henry as wingers (although Messi is not always playing as a winger) Eto'o is much more suited than Ibrahimovic.

Ibrahimovic did very well in the serie A, but he has never been decisive in big matches...Eto'o was very decisive (for example) in the CL final...maybe i'm influenced by my six year old son who is a huge fan off Barça and an even bigger fan of Eto'o...when i told him that Eto'o left Barça he cried hot tears...

Time will tell...i certainly hope Barça will be as strong as last season because i prefer them (largely) to Real Madrid.

Last edited:
In some respect Real's big names won't live up to their pricetags but nonetheless Kaka and Ronaldo will do well. I think Kaka will find it easier to begin with but Ronaldo's goals will keep him out the firing line.

Difficult question really, all the big names have moved and have enough quality to be succesfull, depends mor eon whats expected of them. The rest of the signings have been pretty low-key. I'll go for Tevez, he'll show why he isn't worth a starting place.

Nah Owen will spend 80% of the time in the treatment room and barely play. He never scores goals and will pick up a new injury every time he plays. Another terrible signing by SAF.

;)

How on earth will Ibra be a flop having the best team in the world around? I think the big flop will be again Man City as a whole, followed closely by Tottenham (even if I like them a lot). I left Ronaldinho out of this because he already earned the award this last season.

Only because he cost so much, won't live up to his price tag.

Carlos Tevez - one year before the World Cup and he decides to join a team with five/six forwards + Steven Ireland.

I think Aquilani at Liverpool will be a flop also, too injured
Carlos Tevez - one year before the World Cup and he decides to join a team with five/six forwards + Steven Ireland.
don't worry, Maradona will call him even with a 1-year injury :D

For me it'll definitely be Santa Cruz. Looked a good signing until Adebayor, who is better in everyway and will be the regular starter. City just don't play enough games to need this many strikers.

I also think Ronaldo is going to terrifyingly awesome at Real. The new challenge he needed to improve some more.

I dunno about "That boy Ronaldo". I think Real aren't going to use him properly. I could be wrong and he might end up showing great form but I think he wont be able to live upto his price tag or his United Career

He won't spearhead the attack at Real, like he did at United, with players like Rooney often being sacrificed by being played out of position to help get the best out of him.

So I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see the best of him at Madrid.

Plus he'll get protection from the refs, he'll be fine.

It'll be interesting to see how he plays in the big games though.

i still don't see how they are going to balance all their players that pretty much only attack. I'm referring to Ramos (rarely defends), Ronaldo (barely ever pressures for the ball), Benzema & Raul. Its such a disfigured formation that you couldn't even employ the risky 5x5 where 5 attack and 5 defend. Plus they still have to make this team of stars play well, which is the hardest thing to do.
So my bet is that this season, Ronaldo won't play what every1 in madrid is expecting.

Plus he'll get protection from the refs, he'll be fine.

It'll be interesting to see how he plays in the big games though.

This is something which annoys me, The "protection" is the same in Spain. Actually it could be worse. Messi last season constantly got kicked the shit out of none more than at Nou Camp against Real.

Ron almost broke his leg in a Real shirt the other day

YouTube - Ronaldo Sejmut Grygerou

Back
Top Bottom