Which Player, Coach, Club and National Team do you hate most ?

I go uni in sheffield and a lot of ppl hate man utd, even if they dont paricularly like football they still call them scum. funny..

You don't get a nickname like 'scum' without earning it

Vann, i wasn't aware of the tunnel incident you mention in your post. I've a friend who is journalist, however and he has interviewed dozens of football stars. According to him, Cesc Fabregas is the most down to earth guy of all current and past football stars he has met and he's doing that job for more than 20 years.
He interviewed Fabregas just before Arsenal's match in the semi-finals against Villareal in Spain. My journalist friend was in the same hotel as Arsenal and he saw something that endeared him enormously to Fabregas. He was sitting in the lobby when three young people (a girl and two boys) came in the hotel lobby and had a long conversation with whoever held the desk. The three were the average people of Fabregas' age and wore bracelets that allow entrance to rock festivals. It became clear that they came for Fabregas. While they were waiting for him they told my journo friend that Fabregas is a youth friend of theirs and that he always kept in touch with then. After a while Fabregas joined them and was genuinely over the moon to see them....My friend had a drink with them and during the following conversation Fabregas never was the centre of attention. It was all about one of the other friends who was at university or would go to university...
I like that story and since hearing it i'm very fond of Fabregas although i'm not exactly an Arsenal fan (far from).

Oh and Vann if you compare Forest and Villa's success with Liverpool in the 70's that proves that you were not there to live it...it remains a great feature that Villa and Forest could win the ECI but the Liverpool team of the seventies and the eighties was much, much stronger...

I rate Forest, Villa's and Liverpool's triumph at the time higher than Liverpool's and Man Utd's recent winns...when Fergusons's Man Utd and Benitez's Liverpool won the CL, they were among the 10 richest sport teams in the world...you know that i consider the current English top 4 as European underachievers considering their financial clout. At the time Liverpool, Villa and Forrest had much wealthier rivals in Spain, Italy, France, Portugal, Holland and even Belgium (Anderlecht won ECII two times, Club Brugge played a ECI final just like Standard and even KV Mechelen won an ECII final - but that was when English teams were not allowed to play European football in 1988). Without that ban Liverpool could have won ECI/CL as much as Real Madrid...You won't like this, but here on the continent football fans consider Liverpool a much bigger team than Man Utd...

Age has his advantages too Vann...it gives you perspective...(but i would give lots of money to swap age with you guys and loose perspective).

Last edited:
The ban in 1988 is maybe the reason English teams have underachieved in Europe since. Arsenal lost 2 chances at playing in the European Cup during that period as did Liverpool, Everton and Leeds. Looking at the history of the tournament English teams seemed as though they were getting stronger, particularly in the 80's and this set us all back many years. I'd like to see how many EC's English teams would have had if that ban hadn't have happened. Why Arsenal and the rest of the English teams got punished is still beyond me..

Yes ridiculous decision to ban all english teams, granted hooliganism was a problem then but it was widespread across europe.

Were Inter banned for bribing a ref? Or how about numerous Italian teams more recently?

Player: Cristiano Ronaldo for sure
Coach: domenech
Team: easy choice chelsea
National team:pretty much all the big ones, italy france brasil.

@ Plan M:

stop talking crap. and stick to the discussion. just because you're hated, theres no way you're 'best'. your team maybe good at this point of time. we've been doing it time and time again. oh and can you explain this:

when manu are dumped from the CL, they say their biggest trophy is the EPL. but, ask a manu 'fan' what's their best moment till date, and they say the UEFA CL of 99. and i refer to indian fans. so,last time you spoke out FOR them, so this time, care to justify?

oh and yeah mate..

KINGS OF EUROPE - 5 TIMES.

It's all about how success is perceived.

A Liverpool fan would perhaps want to win a premiership title more than another CL because it is what has eluded them.
Same as a Man Utd fan is used to winning Prem Titles, so a CL win is more to them.

Again it is about phases. Overall Liverpool are the most successful team, but in the last 20 years, Man Utd are leagues ahead... it's not even close.

20 years is a bloody long time and cannot be ignored.
Right now, Man Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal are far ahead of Liverpool in terms of quality to the point that you just cannot vision Liverpool winning another league title soon.
I think I speak for the majority there too.
Just look at your own thread for the shit you are in at the moment!

I will also say that this Man Utd hating has very much weakened over time.
Yeah many people still dislike Man Utd but again it goes in phases...
Mid Late 80's people disliked Liverpool because they were succesful, now people dislike Man Utd for the same reason.
If Liverpool started dominating again like Man Utd have, then people would start to dislike them too.

My opinion based on what I see and hear is that quite a fair few neutral fans dislike Liverpool more than Man Utd.
Not as many, but the gap is shortening for sure... I think quite a lot of people have a begrudging respect for Man Utd nowadays.

I haven't got nothing really against either club, but I personally prefer Man Utd... dunno why really:)

Last edited:
There's no doubt that ManU have been more successful than Liverpool over the last 20 years. But I do feel ManU were fortunate to get success during a period where there success was magnified 10 times, which made them very rich, and helped them maintain that success till so long. If the same rewards were given during the 80s, I am sure we would still not be waiting for No. 19.

Anyways, I don't hate ManU. I enjoy watching their football. Giggs and Scholes have to be one of my all time favorite players. But I do hate some of their players who have acted like absolute cunts like Ronaldo, Rooney, etc (no denying their talent). And I also can't stand their fans. Most of them seem to think football started only in 1990, and think their team has the divine right to win everything. And so many are just supporters in name, and haven't watched a single match. And hate Chelsea for buying the title, when you can't deny that they have spend ridiculous amount of money on players as well.

It's all about how success is perceived.

A Liverpool fan would perhaps want to win a premiership title more than another CL because it is what has eluded them.
Same as a Man Utd fan is used to winning Prem Titles, so a CL win is more to them.

Again it is about phases. Overall Liverpool are the most successful team, but in the last 20 years, Man Utd are leagues ahead... it's not even close.

20 years is a bloody long time and cannot be ignored.
Right now, Man Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal are far ahead of Liverpool in terms of quality to the point that you just cannot vision Liverpool winning another league title soon.
I think I speak for the majority there too.
Just look at your own thread for the shit you are in at the moment!

I will also say that this Man Utd hating has very much weakened over time.
Yeah many people still dislike Man Utd but again it goes in phases...
Mid Late 80's people disliked Liverpool because they were succesful, now people dislike Man Utd for the same reason.
If Liverpool started dominating again like Man Utd have, then people would start to dislike them too.

My opinion based on what I see and hear is that quite a fair few neutral fans dislike Liverpool more than Man Utd.
Not as many, but the gap is shortening for sure... I think quite a lot of people have a begrudging respect for Man Utd nowadays.

I haven't got nothing really against either club, but I personally prefer Man Utd... dunno why really:)

mate, nor do we have anything against Manu. Hatred, is something they bring on themselves. They are champions of England. But they sure dont behave like a bunch of champs. Take the last 15 mins. of the last game against Totenham. Did u see some of the tackles and foul play?

Remind me a time when you saw Liverpool last play that way. Take our final of 2005. After the game, Gerrard went and picked a dejected Shevchenko. The man was almost in tears. And Gerrard hugged him and that was respect and the behaviour of a captain and champion. Fouling or intimidating referees is NOT a champions behaviour.

Tell me one thing mate, i've heard from many English fans on this forum and many other, that Terry is a superb player. But, is disliked because of the behaviour he puts in on the pitch. Apply the same anology here.

And i said earlier too mate, it ain't personal, or against any club. There is a reason behind the hate. It's not totally baseless. I like Manu's game, not the players.

mate, nor do we have anything against Manu. Hatred, is something they bring on themselves. They are champions of England. But they sure dont behave like a bunch of champs. Take the last 15 mins. of the last game against Totenham. Did u see some of the tackles and foul play?

Remind me a time when you saw Liverpool last play that way. Take our final of 2005. After the game, Gerrard went and picked a dejected Shevchenko. The man was almost in tears. And Gerrard hugged him and that was respect and the behaviour of a captain and champion. Fouling or intimidating referees is NOT a champions behaviour.

Tell me one thing mate, i've heard from many English fans on this forum and many other, that Terry is a superb player. But, is disliked because of the behaviour he puts in on the pitch. Apply the same anology here.

And i said earlier too mate, it ain't personal, or against any club. There is a reason behind the hate. It's not totally baseless. I like Manu's game, not the players.

are you serious? are you saying no liverpool player has acted out in frustratin, do you actually watch masherano and sisoko play... give me a break. thery hate terry cause he has been accused of racist remarks....

So no one hates us anymore? hehe

all in good time people, we'll be back on top soon and be the scum of world ;)

I haven't heard about Terry being racist, I didn't like him cos of his oath-ish like qualities. What did he say?

are you serious? are you saying no liverpool player has acted out in frustratin, do you actually watch masherano and sisoko play... give me a break. thery hate terry cause he has been accused of racist remarks....

well mate, take a break, and in that break, watch the PSV vs. Liverpool match of the UCL of last year (Liverpool has a yellow kit) and watch the tackle Masher performs. And watch what the ref does. and how alex responds.

And then come out of your break, and we'll talk.

And then, u can take another break, and watch the Manu - Totenham game like i said above. And then tell me what frustration is. Watch how mr Luis Nani digs into Chimbonda.

And then, get back here.

Right, i decided to make life easier for you Gomito#10:

here's the link to the youtube video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIXq3quFt5s

and watch 00:36 closely. He's too good. Refs beleive tackles like those are impossible. So then, if you were Masher, i'm sure you would get "frustrated" and react now, wouldnt you?

@ bradley1886:

I dont think so mate. Arsenal doesnt have 'come and hate me because i'm good' kind of players.I feel Arsenals players are, simply put, good footballers and people. I wish Arsenal the best of luck this year, they truly deserve at the least one big trophy.

From our earlier game this season, if you noticed, players were still showing mutual respect. Even after the game ended in a draw, Fabregas and Gerrard complimented each other. The game was a good one to watch, even though not for Liverpools football, but just the spirit it was played in. Or in short, a nice and clean game, one which is becoming a rarity these days.

Last edited:
well mate, take a break, and in that break, watch the PSV vs. Liverpool match of the UCL of last year (Liverpool has a yellow kit) and watch the tackle Masher performs. And watch what the ref does. and how alex responds.

And then come out of your break, and we'll talk.

And then, u can take another break, and watch the Manu - Totenham game like i said above. And then tell me what frustration is. Watch how mr Luis Nani digs into Chimbonda.

And then, get back here.

Right, i decided to make life easier for you Gomito#10:

here's the link to the youtube video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIXq3quFt5s

and watch 00:36 closely. He's too good. Refs beleive tackles like those are impossible. So then, if you were Masher, i'm sure you would get "frustrated" and react now, wouldnt you?

@ bradley1886:

I dont think so mate. Arsenal doesnt have 'come and hate me because i'm good' kind of players.I feel Arsenals players are, simply put, good footballers and people. I wish Arsenal the best of luck this year, they truly deserve at the least one big trophy.

From our earlier game this season, if you noticed, players were still showing mutual respect. Even after the game ended in a draw, Fabregas and Gerrard complimented each other. The game was a good one to watch, even though not for Liverpools football, but just the spirit it was played in. Or in short, a nice and clean game, one which is becoming a rarity these days.
hahahahaahahaha, you never have seen eboue play obviously, your argument is a joke. You cant take one game and decide manu dont act like champions and there poor sports. How about crouches tackle on the kid from nigeria on chelsea? wow what a role model for us all... thanks for making me dumber

But us and Arsenal are the best teams in England at the moment - simple as that. You lot aren't even in the top 3!

form is temporary, class is permenant

Are Liverpool really that far behind United? I don't think we are. A few top quality players in wide positions and a bit of stabillity with regards to ownership and finance and we are right up there.

There aren't many United players I would put into our first team. I'd take Ronaldo, Tevez and or Rooney and Evra.

Last edited:
form is temporary, class is permenant

I'll second that. That is what makes me most proud of being an Arsenal supporter, very classy indeed.

@lak47

You obviously don't remember the last time we were the team to beat. It happens, always has done. I don't remember such unity within the football community as when Chelsea were hated tho, everyone was just set aside their differences for a couple of seasons. Since then I respect Utd a hell of a lot more as a club. I even like Fergie now. Always respected Liverpool so much tho, wish i was alive to see an English club dominate european football the way they did.

@ Gomito#10:

You just wont stick to the point will you? We were talking about you're claims about the frustration and stuff. So, i gave u an example. But, you'll just bring in some crap or the other. Why didnt you mention Nani's tackle against Spurs? What happened? No facts? Or no need of facts, it's there to be seen by everyone. Eboue is one player. Every team has a stinker, it's a fact. Liverpool do too, in Pennant more than anyone else, recalling the tackle in the Porto game in this years CL, away game, even though the ball went out of play, he slid for it, and got sent off. Now, in this way, Eboue is Arsenals, as you say. But, my friend, Manu......hahahaha, i dont think we should even start on it. Except Giggs, i think they're all stinkers. Oh and by the way, why the sudden agitation from you? Has the humbling that Besiktas got in the CL got anything to do with this? Or just for the sake of it, when a Liverpool supporter says something, all haters have to come out and pounce?

About the 'nigerian kid'. For starters, try to learn some names first. It was Mikel who got that tackle from Crouch. Now, obviously, Liverpool players always do wrong. What an angel Mikel was in that game, no? He just did the similar to what Crouch did to him once or twice, but the ref missed it. Crouch gets provoked, puts in a horrible tackle, gets sent off. Fair enough. But, what about the provocation from Mikel? You surely wont look at that. So, get your facts straight first.

And now, since i've made you dumber, please enlighten all of us and tell us the last time Manu showed some sportsmanship. If Arsenal celebrate, it's because they feel they won the world cup eh? And if Manu celebrate too, after drawing Totenham, they have every right to...very nice. Bloody hypocrites. When the red-nosed one knows, that someone is posing a threat, he starts talking sh*t. So do Manu have some divine right or something on all things good?

Stop crapping, and discuss the point if you have facts, or else, just give your opinion and stop challenging and mocking other peoples thoughts.

@ bradley:

i think you mistook me mate. What i meant was Arsenal have been excellent this year, and surely DESERVE "ATLEAST"(hope they win many more,and go one up on the Shitty Devils in the process) ONE MAJOR trophy. I really wish them all the best, sincerely. I'm not being sarcastic or anything mate. On the other hand, if Liverpool win nothing this year, i wont be surprised. They havent been upto the standards. Nowhere near even.

@ Peter Eyres:

I second that mate, but haters wont, because they simply don't understand it.

oh and hey haters:

Last edited:
All the hand bags need to stop lads :) keep it friendly...besides whats all this who may win what trophy? everyone nows the "Treble" is coming home this year ;)

@ Gomito#10:

You just wont stick to the point will you? We were talking about you're claims about the frustration and stuff. So, i gave u an example. But, you'll just bring in some crap or the other. Why didnt you mention Nani's tackle against Spurs? What happened? No facts? Or no need of facts, it's there to be seen by everyone. Eboue is one player. Every team has a stinker, it's a fact. Liverpool do too, in Pennant more than anyone else, recalling the tackle in the Porto game in this years CL, away game, even though the ball went out of play, he slid for it, and got sent off. Now, in this way, Eboue is Arsenals, as you say. But, my friend, Manu......hahahaha, i dont think we should even start on it. Except Giggs, i think they're all stinkers. Oh and by the way, why the sudden agitation from you? Has the humbling that Besiktas got in the CL got anything to do with this? Or just for the sake of it, when a Liverpool supporter says something, all haters have to come out and pounce?

About the 'nigerian kid'. For starters, try to learn some names first. It was Mikel who got that tackle from Crouch. Now, obviously, Liverpool players always do wrong. What an angel Mikel was in that game, no? He just did the similar to what Crouch did to him once or twice, but the ref missed it. Crouch gets provoked, puts in a horrible tackle, gets sent off. Fair enough. But, what about the provocation from Mikel? You surely wont look at that. So, get your facts straight first.

And now, since i've made you dumber, please enlighten all of us and tell us the last time Manu showed some sportsmanship. If Arsenal celebrate, it's because they feel they won the world cup eh? And if Manu celebrate too, after drawing Totenham, they have every right to...very nice. Bloody hypocrites. When the red-nosed one knows, that someone is posing a threat, he starts talking sh*t. So do Manu have some divine right or something on all things good?

Stop crapping, and discuss the point if you have facts, or else, just give your opinion and stop challenging and mocking other peoples thoughts.

@ bradley:

i think you mistook me mate. What i meant was Arsenal have been excellent this year, and surely DESERVE "ATLEAST"(hope they win many more,and go one up on the Shitty Devils in the process) ONE MAJOR trophy. I really wish them all the best, sincerely. I'm not being sarcastic or anything mate. On the other hand, if Liverpool win nothing this year, i wont be surprised. They havent been upto the standards. Nowhere near even.

@ Peter Eyres:

I second that mate, but haters wont, because they simply don't understand it.

oh and hey haters:

my point is, all teams act out at times, united is no worse then anyone else. Your whole argument is based on a couple of acts. Chelsea are not angels either, i never said they were. But your basicaly saying all of liverpool are a bunch of angels except pennat, and thats a joke. All teams get frustrated NOTE, I said ALL teams. How about when gerrard dived for a penalty(more then once), how sporting was that? Buddy what crouch did was unsporting no matter the provactation, two wrongs dont make a right. I have never seen vidic, evra, tevez, giggs, oshea, fletch, brown, saha, do the things your saying. I have seen rio, rooney, ronnie, anderson, scholes(while not violent or unsporting, certainly some stupid tackles in his time) act unsporting. Just as I have seen gerrard, pennant, crouch, masherano, bellamy(cmon i had too, haha), sissoko act unsporting. All teams at times haver there embarrassing moments. But to say that manus entire team except giggs are unsporting, is simply not true and in no way in tune with reality.

Clubs : Liverpool
being a Man Utd fan you grow to hate this club with a vengeance. I've never been too fond of most of their players! they think they're the best team in europe and in england despite not winning the league in bloody ages! they're fans are very hostile and its a simple case of 'if u hate us, we hate you'

National Team : Croatia
although i admire Croatia for showing their spirit and coming all all guns blazing against us, ill never forgive them for preventing us from playin in Euro 2008.

I respect that, just saying theres always gonna be haters when you're successful. The more haters the better, the fact that we're not hated at the moment means we're not successful, simple as. We've played this kind of football for years now. I think it has a lot to do with the fact that we have a different set of players, they play a more honestly and have a real hunger.

In fairness to Utd, I've seen them play this season and sometimes thought "why are we getting hyped this much when Utd are playing like that?" Some of the goals they score are amazing in terms of link up play, just as good as ours. It would take something very special to beat Utd this year, I just hope we have what it takes.

...and an injury to Torres to see you lot relegated. ;)

I've never known such an overrated manager as in Crappa Benitez and such an overrated squad of mediocre players in L'pool. You have your history, granted - but that isn't enough in the football world today I'm afraid. Any of you seen the latest Gilette advert with Henry, Roger Federer and Tiger Woods? They ALL say that yesterday doesn't concern them, being the best NOW does and right now, Liverpool football club are a joke.

Do you see any other club's supporters ranting on about their history at EVERY given chance? No. It's just L'pool supporters because that is ALL they have - no-one fears you lot anymore, not even Havant & Waterlooville.

Right now, we're the Champions and are favourites to retain the title - you lot are fighting to get a European place. When was the last time United were worried about a Champions League place? As each year goes on, you're history keeps getting in the way of you achieving success NOW. You don't hear Real Madrid and AC Milan supporters going on about the past, because they all want success NOW. I bet NONE of you here have seen L'pool win a title, you are not old enough and it was so fucking long ago now. I don't know why I am debating with you guys anyway, I bet most of you have only ever seen L'pool on 'Match of the Day', I think only Antred is the true Scouser on these forums. ;)

Anyway, interesting thread guys! :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom