Which level do you play and why?

juliovodoo

League 1
16 October 2009
I would like all of you to post your thoughts about the level you play pes and why. I mean, playing in regular is too easy? But it gives you the oportunity to make fantasic combiations of the ball. Professional too dificult or good? Not so many ocassions of goal and brilliant combinations of the ball but closer to real life? Please answer.

I've always played on regular - This year it has become ridiculously easy but it makes for the a more measured and realistic way of playing. I find in professional/top player the CPU isn't that much better at attacking at all. All that suddenly happens is the implementation of AI tricks/cheating/manipulation ... suddenly the CPU players are stronger/faster making for a pinball fest and an unrealistic game.

This cheating makes the game very generic from my perspective as teams like Hull, Woves, Bolton play no different to Arsenal, Barca etc. I really hate this. Infact the AI/CPU is of a disappointingly low standard. Bolton, Blackburn, Stoke etc should player a long ball game whilst Arsenal should a quicker, free flowing game.

All the teams feel the same as it is on regular but professional/Top Player make it worse. I found the CPU attacks were better in the demo.

I've always played on regular - This year it has become ridiculously easy but it makes for the a more measured and realistic way of playing. I find in professional/top player the CPU isn't that much better at attacking at all. All that suddenly happens is the implementation of AI tricks/cheating/manipulation ... suddenly the CPU players are stronger/faster making for a pinball fest and an unrealistic game.

This cheating makes the game very generic from my perspective as teams like Hull, Woves, Bolton play no different to Arsenal, Barca etc. I really hate this. Infact the AI/CPU is of a disappointingly low standard. Bolton, Blackburn, Stoke etc should player a long ball game whilst Arsenal should a quicker, free flowing game.

All the teams feel the same as it is on regular but professional/Top Player make it worse. I found the CPU attacks were better in the demo.

I think just the same. Increasing the "difficulty" only increases cheating! I play regular too, but I always win with 4+ goals (5')

I think just the same. Increasing the "difficulty" only increases cheating! I play regular too, but I always win with 4+ goals (5')

I've edited my option file to decrease a lot of stats. (ie. shot accuracy, LP & SP speed, Top Speed etc) and I set the kitserver speeder at 0.93. I find it much better even though it's still easy.

The AI is too weak to win but at least there are more 1-0 and the odd 4-0 or 5-1 etc. CPU is just embarrassing :DANCE:

i used a program to unlock superstar difficulty (for PC). i like that level the most, but i can't select options on superstar and i'm too lazy to keep quitting out of the PES program and open the unlocker to switch between topplayer/superstar so i'm just settling with top player. i still find it too easy, but at least i can change game options without the game crashing

on superstar, the AI actually makes attacking passes, and attacks down the middle, more so than the wing. so they're actually more threatening and harder to defend against. keepers are still shitty though...

after you've played superstar level, top player seems like a joke

if it werent for the whole game crashing on "options" thing, i'd play superstar all the time

SuperStar at PES2010 and when I used to play WE in PS2 some years ago, always unlocked Six-Stars-Level in option after earned some money at Training, then I play just after.
:D

I am glad to see that i am not the only one playing in regular level. The next question is, do you find exciting playing in regular level knowing the you are going to win for sure? Is it worthy playing in this level? When I play in professional level I jump from my seat every time I score a goal, but I really get angry when I loose and see i can´t play the ball freely, sometimes I feel frustrating playing at this level.

Playing at regular level gives me time to think and not to be stressed, but I nearly always win.

So there you have the quiz, positives and negatives things for each level. So what do you think? Will you sacrifice excitement in professional level for enjoyment in regular level?

I like "regular" mostly because its realism, however it's too easy. Hopefully someone could make a new gameplay for the regular level, so it would be more challenging,.. maybe something between regular and professional levels.

ps: enjoyment turns to borement when you almost always win.

Last edited:
I think a game like this shoud be for enjoying and not for stressing, so playing in regular level is good as you don´t feel frutrated and stressed in porfessional level, what do you think?

Profesional is solid, I'm not seeing any AI cheating. Beating teams and losing to teams as Fulham - as they do.

Profesional is solid, I'm not seeing any AI cheating. Beating teams and losing to teams as Fulham - as they do.

Don´t you feel frustrated when you are not free to play the ball? Playing with Chelsea vs Stoke City and I wasn´t able to score a goal in 120 minutes. In other matches I win 1-0 or 2-0 or 2-1. Sometimes i am beaten for 0-4. Fiorentina scores me 0-4 playing with Arsenal, so I am in a mess.

Last edited:
I'm playing on Regular style, but i've tried on Professional couple of games.There is a big difference beetween Regula & Professional, at least on AI's game-play, and i like it.
So,on short, i'm playing on Regular & Professional.

I'm playing on Regular style, but i've tried on Professional couple of games.There is a big difference beetween Regula & Professional, at least on AI's game-play, and i like it.
So,on short, i'm playing on Regular & Professional.

Both? I don´t see... what do you mean? Are you going to chenge every time you play a new match?
And yes, the AI is different in professional, but don´t you feel overtaking by your opponents no matter if is a weak or a powerfull team? I mean, It takes me a great effort to beat both manchester united or bolton.

Last edited:
I always start with professional. After a couple of weeks i go highest difficulty.

I can`t believe there are people who play regular.. Way to easy.

On professional, most of the time when i win, its with 1 of 2 goals difference, sometimes when the team has a good day, with 3 goals.

I always start with professional. After a couple of weeks i go highest difficulty.

I can`t believe there are people who play regular.. Way to easy.

On professional, most of the time when i win, its with 1 of 2 goals difference, sometimes when the team has a good day, with 3 goals.

Yes, that´s the point, and I would like to ask you, is it worthy playing in professional and win or even loose some matches only for 1 or 2 goals and loose the possibility of playing freely around the pitch? When I play in regular I win for 4 or 5 goals, and I never (or nearly never) loose, and I play the ball freely around the pitch. When I play in professional the pressure is higher by the other team, and it´s difficult to score a goal. Depending on the day, so wat do you recomend me? Possession is not higer than 57% more o less but sometimes teams beat me for 4 goals.

Same here. I started with "professional" then I moved to "top player" after a week or so. I'not playinf PES2010 that much though, to be honest.

I still play PES6 a lot more, and I find "Professional" the right level to play with: sometimes I win by 1 or 2 goals, but it happens that I draw or even lose (seldom).
nce, when my players hit top form all at once, I managed to beat Genoa 6-1.. With the crappy ML team!! :BOP:
Top player doesn't seem harder to me, but it just feels.. more scripted, that's all..

Professional isn't that much difficult ... ok, maybe 5-0 becomes 3-0, 2-0 becomes a 1-0, but if I really want to hammer the PC it's still moderately possible. My problem with professional is it doesn't really reward an expansive game as your players are suddenly weaker (AI stronger/faster). I just feel like I have to play like a robot to win in the other modes whether it be against Milan or Burnley.

This makes it just as boring for me with the CPU just playing 'keep ball' passing pointlessly and you keep chasing them. Their attacks are still weak so I don't play on this mode... and I agree, things just feel more scripted indeed.

Professional isn't that much difficult ... ok, maybe 5-0 becomes 3-0, 2-0 becomes a 1-0, but if I really want to hammer the PC it's still moderately possible. My problem with professional is it doesn't really reward an expansive game as your players are suddenly weaker (AI stronger/faster). I just feel like I have to play like a robot to win in the other modes whether it be against Milan or Burnley.

This makes it just as boring for me with the CPU just playing 'keep ball' passing pointlessly and you keep chasing them. Their attacks are still weak so I don't play on this mode... and I agree, things just feel more scripted indeed.

So you preffer playing in?

Yes, that´s the point, and I would like to ask you, is it worthy playing in professional and win or even loose some matches only for 1 or 2 goals and loose the possibility of playing freely around the pitch?

I can play freely on top player, no problem. Methinks you need to pass the ball around a little more and show some patience.

i play top player because the rest is getting too easy with time.
of course, in the beginning even regular was too difficult for me, but you improve quickly.
however, i'd say that the biggest difference is between regular and professional. professional and top player is almost the same, if you're able to win at prof., then you're also able to win at top player

Yesterday I found that playing in top player may result a little easiery than in professional, can you confirm this? In terms of gameplay, I don´t know the reason why, but in professional the opponents are behind you like a reservoir dog and you can barely play, but in top player, although players may be more accuarate in their passing and shoting, at least, you can play and even steal balls, which is quite difficult to do in professoinal level.

Last edited:
@juliovodoo, that already happened in PES2008. Professional was recognizedly more difficult than Top Player. So maybe it could happen again.

I play in top player now and don't see much difference than professional, other than the AI scoring some "blitz" goals (like 3-4 rapid and accurate passes where you actually don't stand a chance). I prefer the toughest level for training offline because I play (on the same computer)against a friend of mine that keeps kicking my ass. However I feel that playing against the CPU kinda messes up your game, as you try to run forward a lot with the ball when playing against a friend, and you lose the ball, thing that the stupid AI is unable to do.

@juliovodoo, that already happened in PES2008. Professional was recognizedly more difficult than Top Player. So maybe it could happen again.

Have you checked this by yourself? I got frustrated playing in professional and I try top player just to confirm that if in professional level I wasn,t able to enjoy playing (I won some matches but I didn´t feel comfortable playing) it would be impossible even to pass midfield in top player. but to my surprise I could do things impossible to do at professional level (steal the ball, anticipate to the opponents, higher percentage of possesion, play a little more freely passing the ball) and surprised me a lot.

Of couse I loose some matches but it´s not so frustrating as loossing in professional level because it gives you the chance to fight for the victory.

Back
Top Bottom