Which football game do you feel like having a good player really changes the match?

Topaz

Programmer/TheAwesomeGem
21 October 2011
United States
Chelsea, Spain
I have been playing a lot of PES 2017 and FIFA 17 and it feels like there is not a huge difference between bad players and good players. The main difference in PES 2017 is the team spirit and for FIFA 17, it's the scripting momentum shit that decides if your team is going to play good or not. I know PES 2010, you can really feel the difference between a good player and bad player when it comes to speed, dribbling, passing and shooting. But anything else?

From WE 1 all the way through PES 2008.

Then the Stats really collapsed. Even in PES 2017, which I LOVE, the stats system is broken and player do not feel all that different.

From WE 1 all the way through PES 2008.

Then the Stats really collapsed. Even in PES 2017, which I LOVE, the stats system is broken and player do not feel all that different.

Yep. It was partially back in PES 2010 where you really felt good players like Messi, Torres and Ronaldo were pretty overpowering.

What do you guys think in terms on FIFA?
I had no idea that player traits existed in FIFA until someone replied to a message I posted about how much I missed them after playing PES - that kind of tells you how I feel about it in FIFA (i.e. they make no difference, in my opinion, especially when the AI control them)...

Individual player "feel" aside for a second, in PES, if you buy players that don't fit your system, you at least get punished for it with a team spirit deduction (or there being no change), which in turn makes all of your players more difficult to control. It's not the best implementation, but I'd prefer that to the way it makes no difference to anything in FIFA.

In PES, when I let go of sprint, I can dribble with certain players, but absolutely cannot with others. In FIFA I don't feel any more (or less) able to dribble with anyone, but maybe that's because I'm just moving the left stick as opposed to using the "trick moves" (which I despise). All I know is, I don't feel any difference.

That being said, long range goals feel great to me in FIFA this year, because they're never a sure thing. But that's mass-variety rather than unique-individuality...

I had no idea that player traits existed in FIFA until someone replied to a message I posted about how much I missed them after playing PES - that kind of tells you how I feel about it in FIFA (i.e. they make no difference, in my opinion, especially when the AI control them)...

Individual player "feel" aside for a second, in PES, if you buy players that don't fit your system, you at least get punished for it with a team spirit deduction (or there being no change), which in turn makes all of your players more difficult to control. It's not the best implementation, but I'd prefer that to the way it makes no difference to anything in FIFA.

In PES, when I let go of sprint, I can dribble with certain players, but absolutely cannot with others. In FIFA I don't feel any more (or less) able to dribble with anyone, but maybe that's because I'm just moving the left stick as opposed to using the "trick moves" (which I despise). All I know is, I don't feel any difference.

That being said, long range goals feel great to me in FIFA this year, because they're never a sure thing. But that's mass-variety rather than unique-individuality...

I get exactly what you are saying and feel the same way. I hope they work on the spirit system a bit more in the next PES and work on the passing stat. About FIFA, i think your theory there is right. After they introduced and started focusing on skill moves, they kinda made stats a bit more redundant. After Ultimate Team, it got even worse with the introduction of chemistry system which IMO plays a more vital role along with the momentum/morale system than the actual player stats.

We9le clearly for me. You can argue about the old mechanics, but the stats system was spot on, each player felt different both user controlled and cpu controlled.

We9le clearly for me. You can argue about the old mechanics, but the stats system was spot on, each player felt different both user controlled and cpu controlled.

What are the fundamental gameplay difference between PES 5 and WE9LE? The differences that I notice is how much the opponent presses and close down me and how improved the referee is. Other than that, it feels the same.

What are the fundamental gameplay difference between PES 5 and WE9LE? The differences that I notice is how much the opponent presses and close down me and how improved the referee is. Other than that, it feels the same.

We9le is basically an improved version of pes 5, this is why it feels similar. I think we9le has better shooting, better goalkeepers, better AI, more variative gameplay (less game on the side + cross from cpu like in pes 5), sidebacks don't wander in stupid positions if given defensive dot, etc...

PES i can play as anyone and play to a decent level...

Fifa i need pace to compete sadly although i raise the game when playing as Roma or Liverpool lol

when i play PES i can tell the difference between Totti and Benzema... for example.

Back
Top Bottom