Where's The Crysis Thread?

i could have swore there was a massive crysis thread a few days ago - must have got misplaced during the move...

Minimum Requirements
CPU: Athlon 64 3000+/Intel 2.8ghz
Graphics: Nvidia 6600 or ATI X1600 - Shader Model 2.0
RAM: 1GB
HDD: 6GB
Internet: 256k+
Optical Drive: DVD
Software: DX9 with Windows XP / Vista

===================================

Recommended Requirements
CPU: Dual-Core CPU (Athlon X2 / Pentium D / Core 2 Duo)
Graphics: Nvidia 7800 or ATI X1800 (SM 3.0)
RAM: 1.5GB+
HDD: 6GB
Internet: 512k+ (128k+ upstream)
Optical Drive: DVD
Software: DX9 with Windows XP / Vista

===========================

My specs:

Intel core 2 duo e6850 (3.0Ghz)
Radeon X1950XT
2GB RAM

Tried the demo.

I'm on medium settings on my laptop. It's nice but the action is sometimes so intense that I didn't have time to switch between the armor capacity. So basically it makes the gameplay very basic. It's just a demo but I hope the finale version offers more.

Besides, the aiming is very difficult. Couldn't do any headshot, so I quickly lost my ammos. Their amounts are ridiculous, even in the easiest difficulty. It's a quest for ammos (you can't see in the jungle) while 10 guys are trying to kill you. It's not very motivating...

So, I'm not impressed at the moment but I'll give another shot on my brand new computer at home to see if the big hype is really deserved.

It would have been great on X360 with an easy access to skills like Bioshock (don't like the pc system), but will never happen.

currently no hardware can play this game it its full glory. i hoping nvidia and ATI release a new high end card that can do this game justice

Crysis DirectX 10 options run on XP:

We didn't test this (yet), but here is what forum member LennyRhys said at the official Crysis forums:

"If you tweak the configuration files in \CVarGroups\ by copying and pasting the 'very high' settings (1st paragraph) IN PLACE of the 'high' settings (last paragraph) the game will load the highest possible settings even though the drop-down menus display 'high.'"

"The difference between 'high' settings and the tweaked settings is immense: shadows are deeper, more realistic; the leaves have better reflective properties, better textures; the colours are better; and the level of detail is simply stunning."

" So I'm happy. I have XP and I'm playing the game at settings higher than DX9 allows (strictly speaking)."

All replies to the topic seemed to confirm Lenny's story (while attacking Crysis and Microsoft for disabling those features for no reason but forcing Vista down the players' throats).

I tested this and works great.

anyone has any idea if this game would run decently in my pc?

Intel core 2 duo 4400
Gefroce 8600gt XXX
2bg ram 800mhz
??
thanx..just wondering, cause if so, i might be buying this, i just saw some amazing videos on the internet.

otherwise i might also just sell my apartment, car, mother and my soul just and buy a brand new Quadro fx5600 :p

Last edited:
Wahoo! Remember Crysis?

I got a 24" iMac last week, so keeping the Mac side for my business and day-to-day use, I stuck XP on a BootCamp partition to see how it handles Crysis.

I've never played Crysis before as I've never had a PC capable enough, but it runs really well on the iMac.

I say 'really well' as I dont know how good this CAN look, but at the moment, its running 1900x1200 (or summink) on medium settings - with a couple of tweaks - and it looks superb. The lighting, foliage etc etc - bootiful!

Gonna stick 4gb in the iMac and see if I can up it any more - though the graphics card is probably holding it back.

Good to be back in the PC gaming scene again - what have I missed?! Was gonna get Mass Effect and Assasins Creed as I enjoyed them on 360...?

Back
Top Bottom