Where do you buy your games?

Plan M

Banned
27 September 2007
Manchester United
I thought a thread was needed to discuss where we buy our games from and also list any bargains or deals that you might see locally or on the internet.

I used http://www.gameconnection.co.uk/ for the first time last week as my brother wanted Bully but Shop-To had stop taking orders. They are quite cheap and the service is AMAZING. They don't have a call centre, just a small office where the DIRECTOR usually answers the phone and he is really nice & helpful.

Also, if you get bored of the game or simply don't like it, they'll buy it back off you for half-price. Not bad. :))

I buy from whoever sells the game the cheapest :))

Well that's a help to the video gaming community!

applause.jpg

Yeah great site that.

Shop-To: SUPERB, cheap and you get the game a bit earlier than some places.

I really miss our Choices in Swansea, it was a minute's walk from my house too. :(

Yea, Shop-To for advanced orders (get them a day or two early anyway) - but I've been known to get games from our local ASDA! I know full well that whilst they are cheap-ish compared to Game etc and I could get cheaper online, I have ZERO patience and hate waiting for stuff to be delivered.

I'd rather pay £33-£37 from ASDA than £28-29 online and wait 2 days!

I get most of my games from play.com. I know they are not the cheapest but they have never let me down and I always get pre-orders a day early. I still make the odd purchase from GAME, as you can pick up the odd bargain in there - like MADDEN NFL08 which I picked up for £27.99 brand new.

I used to use play.com as they were good for getting games to me early but over the last few years as they've become more popular they're getting worse and ive ended up getting games on friday or saturday.

Shop-to gets them to me on thursday but im not happy about leaving all of my card details on their site for them to look at!

Nipping into ASDA just before it closes on a thursday night is an old trick that works more often than not - especially if its the old woman who is always on the tills there.

To make it work even better i'll move all of the games from the number 1 spot to somewhere else to make a gap then ask if they have the game im after as it should be on the shelf but theres a gap --- the woman will have a look at the shelf, then nip into the back and come back with the game and done!

LOL! Genius!

I've tried the same trick (going late Thursday) in Asda, but there are 2 guys and a young lady (who I assume is in charge) and they never let games go... nearly got Skate for PS3 when some young kid was filling in whilst they were on tea break and was about to pay when one of them came back and said "oh no, thats not out yet"... DRATS!

I used to use play.com as they were good for getting games to me early but over the last few years as they've become more popular they're getting worse and ive ended up getting games on friday or saturday.

Shop-to gets them to me on thursday but im not happy about leaving all of my card details on their site for them to look at!

Nipping into ASDA just before it closes on a thursday night is an old trick that works more often than not - especially if its the old woman who is always on the tills there.

To make it work even better i'll move all of the games from the number 1 spot to somewhere else to make a gap then ask if they have the game im after as it should be on the shelf but theres a gap --- the woman will have a look at the shelf, then nip into the back and come back with the game and done!

If you ever use HMV online, e-mail them saying you're game hasn't arrived (even if it has) and they'll send another one, no questions asked!

For the law-abiding Christians of Evo-Web, Plan M does pay his way in life but doesn't think there is anything wrong with stealing the odd game from the corporate whore which is HMV.

Use Gameplay.com mainly because their warehouse is just around the corner from where I live! I always get games before release even when using their "standard delivery". Prices are ok as well.

I really miss our Choices in Swansea, it was a minute's walk from my house too. :(

Ooo are they closing down all shops or somthing? because I had one next to my work which was handy but that closed down out of the blue :((

Ooo are they closing down all shops or somthing? because I had one next to my work which was handy but that closed down out of the blue :((

I really don't know mate. I thought the Swansea one closed because of the amount of stuff people stole from them! :LOL:

As I have Japanese PS2, Asian 360, Japanese Wii, Japanese Gamecube, I must order 95% of my games from play-asia.com.

Damn I have been importing since Dreamcast days so I must of spent a so much money with these guys.

Even my DS games are imported as they are i like buying the earlier Japanese or US versions plus the UK prices on DS games are more expensive.

Whatever is the easiest. Only ever bought one game online, Bioshock from bol.com for 50e. Other then that I always just pop in to one of the local stores. The savings are usually not that much that I will take the time to go look around for the cheapest or trust online. And over here they don't have as many as in england either. You just end up with the mainstream sites and they are nearly the same price as on the highstreet, aswell as having to pay for postage.

I never buy my games online, maybe 1-2 times a year. Most of the time, I booked my games in a Micromania shop (France) and I can take it the day before. It's normal price but I get a 10 euros reduction every 200 euros (not great but it's always welcome for a 70 euros games). And since I keep all my games and never sell them, I have to work a lot or stop eating :D.

Back
Top Bottom