What has been your favourite Evo-Web thread of all time?

'How Much is that Doggy in the Window' Thread.

I forget who started that now though. Great stuff!! :DD

Other than AN EVERTON VIEW :-pp

guess it has to be the stadium building thread, was quite exciting to get on there each day and see what the whizz kids had come up with during the night.

Too many. I like the Caption Competition, it was originally started by Dermot years ago I think and it's consistenly been funny. Something makes me laugh out loud at least once a week.

Random Crap is good but it's not been random enough lately.

The English Premier League Thread is a football discussion, something I don't usually get involved in because I don't know who won the FA Cup in 1990 and who won the golden boot in the 1986 World Cup. Every time I say something about football I usually get "you forget three years ago when a man called Ixander Jared did that for Levante, you idiot, SNORT, lolol". But that thread has been a nice little debate so far.

And everyone will say "Ever Wondered"...

One of my favourites has been the FIFA discussions threads. The WE/PES Next Gen thread was too (until closure due to fanboy fights). MY favourite at the moment is Random Crap.. you get some funny shit posted in there!

Random Crap. Funny shit all the time.

PLF thread (don't remember the name), lot of fottie discussion that was there. Way beyond clubs and national teams.

Can't make a decision.

Is there a way to know how many posts one made to a specific thread?

My favourite one is the Master League thread, the stories are fun reading and i have found i group of people who i like very much, i would almost call them "friends"...

I also like PLF's thread about the stats although i don't follow it consequently...there are too many postings.

The last months i've also come to like the various what i what i would call "human interest threads" (like this one) who are unvariably started by Plan M. When he was ninjabreakz or el diego i don't particularly liked him, but i really do now. It's light hearted banter from a kind person who likes a joke, who can be passionate but overall is a nice guy (a litle bit like Csaunders, Steevio and others...).

And then of course the joostebrood threads, specially the one about Dutch football.

Edit: music threads and especially the one about indie music where Terry Butcher Friend actually bought a couple of records that i mentioned...i was flattered.

Edit 2 : the one about good books started by Jack bauer, because i'm such an avid reader...

Last edited:
Yeah I like the books threads. Nothing like a good read to wind down with in bed at night. Still haven't finished Alex Ferguson's "Managing My Life", it's bloody huge! :)

I read half of that book and then I just couldn't read the rest. I forget why, I've read all the other autobiographies I have - I think it was just a bit too in-depth. "9th May 1948 was when I first picked my nose and ate it - it was not a satisfying experience and this pushed me into football more than ever."

I've read a few unofficial Mourhino ones but there's only one really good one (by Louis Lourenco).

Yeah Fergie does touch on EVERY subject of his life - I personally love it, it's a riveting read.

Christ, I haven't been here long and I already think so much stuff on here is hilarious. If I had to say it would probably be random crap, caption competition and doggy in the window. Randomness is awesome.

The book thread and that Indie Music thread were good. In fact, I'm going to bump the book thread in a minute. That Hot women thread has it's moments too.

There's a few random threads I'd like to venture into but I know it would be hard to get back out again.

The PLF thread, completely changed my vision of footie.

I also like some funny threads such as the Caption Competition and that one people goggled user names to see "how they look like", but this last one died apparently.

Oh, the Hot women thread was nice too.

I think my favourite thread is the WE/PES Fonts thread in the editing section :)). Spent ages getting the right fonts for the right teams, in the right colours. Something neither PES or FIFA can achieve!

I do miss the editing of pes a tiny bit, especially when Tim went through the whole game to make sure no teams shorts/socks clashed with his Hertha Berlin side :LOL:

I do miss the editing of pes a tiny bit, especially when Tim went through the whole game to make sure no teams shorts/socks clashed with his Hertha Berlin side :LOL:
Those were the fuckin days mate :)). I used to have 2 copies of the game on my PS2 hard drive, one was for league matches, one was for european matches - i.e. different kits with sleeve patches on for CL, some teams special European kits, back number patches, fonts, etc. It was class :)).

I had a dabble with PES2008 recently and I have to admit I did enjoy seeing the work people have done. There's something rewarding about an entire game being made up of graphics made by "guys like us". Especially when they're better than the originals.

hehe...........ah, Joos, good to see you my dear friend. Been a long time bud. :)

I have to agree with Gerd about the Master League threads, they where excellent, although admittedly I don't play it much now (although I just got the Wii version that I want to get into). Also there was a thread something like "Uncovered Gems" where we all posted a star player we had found.

Off-topic, I thought Cal-Neva's Kofi Annan posts where fantastic. Very, very funny.

FD

Back
Top Bottom