Want more fouls in PES 2020? Then please "like" these posts!

Fouls should be somewhere between the demo and the full game. When the demo came out i saw a defending tutorial from Spoony Pizzas, where he says that using the tackle button is the wrong way, instead you have to use super cancel + RT/R2 to make a clean steal. But it doesn't make sense at all. You should use the tackle button to make a tackle!
Ai agressiveness is kinda good, but OP physical battles and tackles are ruining the experience.

he says that using the tackle button is the wrong way, instead you have to use super cancel + RT/R2 to make a clean steal. But it doesn't make sense at all. You should use the tackle button to make a tackle
Not true. I watched it as well.
Super Cancel was just supposed to be used to battle momentum, track opposition quicker and get your player into position. Once you were in position - you were supposed to tackle.
He said that sometimes you dont have to tackle to get the ball back if you run at someone from the right angle and the ball is not glued to his feet, but this is also the case in Full Game and was also the case in Pes19 and before.

Not true. I watched it as well.
Super Cancel was just supposed to be used to battle momentum, track opposition quicker and get your player into position. Once you were in position - you were supposed to tackle.
He said that sometimes you dont have to tackle to get the ball back if you run at someone from the right angle and the ball is not glued to his feet, but this is also the case in Full Game and was also the case in Pes19 and before.

Ok, rewatched the video and now i understand better what he was trying to do. Still, super cancel should be only for passing and shooting.
My original point was that the demo had too much fouls and now the AI has OP defense. I only mentioned this super cancel tackle because i taught to a good example of unintentional command implementation by Konami. Like strong low finesse shots on manual (low pass button,100% power). Deadly inside the box.

In the demo I could use R2 (just the stance) to get a lot of balls. Didn’t use much X for tackling.
This is towned down in the retail 1.2 as well, imo.
Guess it ties up to the changes in defending overall. Wish an update would correct that.

Ok, rewatched the video and now i understand better what he was trying to do. Still, super cancel should be only for passing and shooting.
My original point was that the demo had too much fouls and now the AI has OP defense. I only mentioned this super cancel tackle because i taught to a good example of unintentional command implementation by Konami. Like strong low finesse shots on manual (low pass button,100% power). Deadly inside the box.
But its not an unintentional command. Thats my whole point. Super Cancel takes you off any rails that your player might be on and you have full control over each and every move.
Spoony only uses super cancel to be more precise - in both attack and defense. If you run into the defender the right way and at the right time - you will take the ball without super cancel. It just gives you more control.

Same way he uses it often to take a shortcut when receiving the pass, or position his player better for headers.

Super Cancel is a fantastic tool.
If its purpose was only canceling players input - it wouldnt let you stay in control. It would only cancel the action and went back to normal.

I highly recommend to watch his clips about it and to experiment with it. Its a very powerful tool to use.

As for your main point - that there was too many silly fouls on demo and now there is not enough - yeah, fully agree. Hence we are trying to get them to balance it. ;)

Super Cancel is a fantastic tool.
If its purpose was only canceling players input - it wouldnt let you stay in control. It would only cancel the action and went back to normal.
Spot on. Off the ball, there's running assistance which is essentially a subtle magnetism towards the ball. That makes it hard to anticipate the ball path and intercept, but with Super Cancel you override that magnetism and can then freely run into space.

Konami's dev team love having 0 fouls. They stated it on facebook already they are happy with their first update which removed the fouls and made an official statement that the latest patch wont bring back more fouls. And it did not indeed. I think we are done with this topic.

Back
Top Bottom