Vista slowdown: HELP please!

ArbendB

Non-League
12 April 2007
So here's my problem.

PES 2008 runs absolutely flawless, even on the highest graphics settings, under XP.

However when I play it under Vista (business) it suffers from disastrous slowdown, not only in the penaltyarea but also during phases with a lot of action in midfield. It's unplayable.

I think my computer specs meet all requirements (after all, as I said, it runs without ANY problem under XP):
- Intel Core 2 Duo E6400;
- Kingston 2GB RAM (667);
- MSI NVidia 7950GT 512MB;
- (Wireless 360-controller);
- (Vista Business 32bit).

Help please!

PLEASE!!!

:sad:

So here's my problem.

PES 2008 runs absolutely flawless, even on the highest graphics settings, under XP.

However when I play it under Vista (business) it suffers from disastrous slowdown, not only in the penaltyarea but also during phases with a lot of action in midfield. It's unplayable.

I think my computer specs meet all requirements (after all, as I said, it runs without ANY problem under XP):
- Intel Core 2 Duo E6400;
- Kingston 2GB RAM (667);
- MSI NVidia 7950GT 512MB;
- (Wireless 360-controller);
- (Vista Business 32bit).

Help please!

PLEASE!!!

:sad:

the game is ONLY FOR XP

vista is not supported...
However I play also on vista x64 ultimate
at 1024x768 high details (60fps showned by FRAPS) with:

GPU: nvidia Geforce 6800 Ultra 256MB dd3 and BUS 256bit
CPU: AMD64 Opteron 185 dual core
RAM: 3GB of RAM

Vista use more resources than xp so for many game, performances are better on xp...

use Latest NVIDIA beta driver for VISTA : Nvidia 169.04

and use this Microsoft HOTFIX for dirext9 on Vista and frame problem with Vista...

Miscrosoft HOTFIX for vista and frame problems with games...

HOTFIX for Vista 32bit

HOTFIX for VISTA 64 bit

Last edited:
the game is ONLY FOR XP

vista is not supported...
However I play also on vista x64 ultimate
at 1024x768 high details with:

GPU: nvidia Geforce 6800 Ultra 256MB dd3 and BUS 256bit
CPU: AMD64 Opteron 185 dual core
RAM: 3GB of RAM

Vista use more resources than xp so for many game, performances are better on xp...

use Latest NVIDIA beta driver for VISTA : Nvidia 169.04

and use this Microsoft HOTFIX for dirext9 on Vista and frame problem with Vista...

Miscrosoft HOTFIX for vista and frame problems with games...

HOTFIX for Vista 32bit

HOTFIX for VISTA 64 bit

Thanks for that reply, Energia.

I will download this hotfix as soon as I get home tonight. That certainly promises to improve things. Thanks. :applause:

I installed the latest NVidia drivers yesterday and that already made things a little bit better, together with an update of the directx runtime.

I have read that somewhere as well about PES 2008 not being supported by Vista. It's a disgrace though that there's no mention of that in any of Konami's disclaimers nor that it's somewhere stated in the system requirements.

By the way, the wireless 360-controller seems to have some issues too, especially when you choose the second controller option (~direct input only for 360-controller). It looks like it's draining the system resources.

Back
Top Bottom