Virtua Fighter 5 (360/PS3/Arcade)

Re: Virtua Fighter 5 (Arcade/PS3)

HD Trailer:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=10749&type=mov

Texture detail is incredible, check out the skin!

vf5trailermontage1rv.jpg

Videos showing how the series has evolved...

Virtua Fighter - History
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6QKZ...% 20dreamcast

Virtua Fighter - 1993
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQM3_...+% 20saturn

Virtua Fighter 2 - 1995
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4Gfv...20+ saturn

Virtua Fighter 3 - 1997
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cezN...2B dreamcast

Virtua Fighter 4 - 2002
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rw7DQ... fighter 4

Virtua Fighter 5 - 2006
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AHP7... fighter 5

i know :applause:, so is this coming out on the 360 then anyone?

SEGA has revealed today that Virtua Fighter 5 will be released on Xbox 360 after all, in late summer 2007. ;)

Source: Eurogamer

That should be a couple of months after the PlayStation 3 version, which will be available for launch, if Sony manage to release the console on time.

Last edited:
I still beleive VF2 on the saturn was the best of the lot, most fighting games have become so dull I play for 5 minutes and then never play again.

I still beleive VF2 on the saturn was the best of the lot, most fighting games have become so dull I play for 5 minutes and then never play again.

Couldnt agree more. I bought DOA4 when it was released, played for a few minutes and I still havent touched it again to this day.

Tekken, Street Fighter and King Of Fighters (and maybe Guilty Gear) to me are the only beat 'em ups that can last you for years. But the last 3 games I mentioned are 2D so they dont really have a future, sadly.

Soul Calibur on the DC was the most enjoyable imo

Yaeh but 2 and 3 sucked IMO. The only beat em ups I play now are Tekken 5/Dark Resurrection (mainly because my mates play in Tournaments) and Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike.

Last edited:
Yaeh but 2 and 3 sucked IMO.

Yea! LOL - I always wondered why that was. You'd think that more of the same thing as SC would mean it'll be just as fun - I played SC2 for about a month, and haven't touched it since :(

The same went for DOA on the Dreamcast. I loved that game...but when I got it for the PS2, it didn't feel the same :eh:

I miss the Dreamcast :(

Last edited:
I'm a big 2D fan, The Capcom stuff mainly due to being brought up on them in the arcades and luckily our local arcade had a lot of healthy competition for quite some time up until only a few years ago, and then when the arcades declined there were a few indie shops and bars who'd accomodate us for our Capcom vs Snk2/Third Strike playing.

I'm looking forward to VF5, previous versions got overlooked by me and my 2d die-hard friends, but then when the local shop got in VF4 Evo we started getting a few together and then with a bit of competition you start to see what the engine is like and how it feels as a fighting game...i have to say it was very good, the general census was from a load of old Streetfighter veterans that VF4 was the 3D game to move on to, the depth is just staggering and eventually, when it clicks into place you find it does work similar to those great 2D games you love....side steps and throw mixup games become the 'corner traps' and parries when moving into 3D, counter hits and following up with a nasty juggling combo take the place of super combos and super cancels.

DOA 4 isn't far off too, again once it clicks the button mashing dies as every string combo gets countered somewhere along the line and then it becomes a mix up game, delaying attacks, faking and going in for a throw or looking to get the killer counter hit in to lay on a big combo...I used to think DOA series was just a pure button masher but after playing people who could counter every combo after they block or take the first blow coming in i realised theres a lot more to it.

SEGA Announces Online Multiplayer Functionality in Virtua Fighter 5 for Xbox 360

http://www.sega-europe.com/en/NewsStory/1569.htm

SEGA Europe and SEGA of America announced today that the highly-anticipated arcade fighting game, Virtua Fighter 5 for the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, will feature an online versus mode at launch in Autumn 2007. The Xbox 360 version of Virtua Fighter 5 is based on the latest arcade version update and features both analogue-stick and D-pad control, as well as vibration support.

ow featuring an online two-player versus mode via Xbox Live, Virtua Fighter 5 will allow players to compete online. Players will also be able to select one of the 17 characters or customise them in Quest mode. Customisation features allow players to modify their characters by selecting from four base costumes and then attaching a wide range of unlockable and earnable items. Players will not only achieve victory by defeating highly-skilled opponents, but also by competing for prizes and earning in-game money which allows them to buy many items at an in-game shop.

"For a lot of very good reasons, Virtua Fighter 5 is regarded as the deepest and most revered fighting game available on next generation consoles", said Gary Knight, European Marketing Director, SEGA Europe. "Bringing Virtua Fighter 5 to the Xbox 360 will not only capture an entirely new audience, but will allow gamers to show their Virtua Fighter skills online against friends and foes".

SEGA Announces Online Multiplayer Functionality in Virtua Fighter 5 for Xbox 360

http://www.sega-europe.com/en/NewsStory/1569.htm

SEGA Europe and SEGA of America announced today that the highly-anticipated arcade fighting game, Virtua Fighter 5 for the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, will feature an online versus mode at launch in Autumn 2007. The Xbox 360 version of Virtua Fighter 5 is based on the latest arcade version update and features both analogue-stick and D-pad control, as well as vibration support.

ow featuring an online two-player versus mode via Xbox Live, Virtua Fighter 5 will allow players to compete online. Players will also be able to select one of the 17 characters or customise them in Quest mode. Customisation features allow players to modify their characters by selecting from four base costumes and then attaching a wide range of unlockable and earnable items. Players will not only achieve victory by defeating highly-skilled opponents, but also by competing for prizes and earning in-game money which allows them to buy many items at an in-game shop.

"For a lot of very good reasons, Virtua Fighter 5 is regarded as the deepest and most revered fighting game available on next generation consoles", said Gary Knight, European Marketing Director, SEGA Europe. "Bringing Virtua Fighter 5 to the Xbox 360 will not only capture an entirely new audience, but will allow gamers to show their Virtua Fighter skills online against friends and foes".

Sega = Biggest crap talkers bar Sony out there. No wonder they dont make consoles.

Cant even handle Oblivion without sttuttering!

PS3 can't even handle VF5 without jaggies and lack of online play. Sony really need to deliver with Killzone 2 next Tuesday, with all this rumour of EA struggling to get their games running at 30fps people are starting to believe 360 is the more powerful console.

PS3 can't even handle VF5 without jaggies and lack of online play. Sony really need to deliver with Killzone 2 next Tuesday, with all this rumour of EA struggling to get their games running at 30fps people are starting to believe 360 is the more powerful console.

Ea are crap. Burnout developers have used PS3 as maind platform and its 60fps. Even Ninja Gaiden is 60fps at 1080p.

EA are a joke. VFS is the B spec game the 360 uses C spec games is a better build. Its not rocket science, the port that has had longer to devlop looks better.

EA struggling ha ha. They cant be bothered to put the effort in.

Live is great but its been prove you can do games on PSN so why cant Sega???? Developers jut need to tell truth & say its due to a low user base of the console.

Oh and by the way i never siad PSN is better or the same as Live. Need to read my post better. Sega said that online wil ruin the game now they are doing it. Sega should of just told the truth, fans would of respected them more.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not hard for Ninja Gaiden to run at 60fps/1080p, there's hardly any textures on it.

So what about NBA 07 made by Sony 108p 60fps?

EA are lazy imo. The facts are there that you can make sports games run at 60fps at 1080p.

They have no excuses & gamers are not stupid. They are giving more time to there 360 games which is wrong but undrstandable. Also if the wernt making there sport games for every bloody available platform then it may be different.

All these dvelopers that are bitching about the PS3 need to just get on with it, it was all the same with the PS2.

Sony should have made the PS3 easier to program for.

Games that were made on the PS2 and ported to Xbox almost always looked and played better. I was hoping it would be the same this generation but I'll probably only be buying the exclusives on the PS3 from now on.

Sony should have made the PS3 easier to program for.

Games that were made on the PS2 and ported to Xbox almost always looked and played better. I was hoping it would be the same this generation but I'll probably only be buying the exclusives on the PS3 from now on.

Yea they should of but devlopers are not putting the time in due to a low user base.

For me games like Haze, Burnout 5 & Devil May Cry 4 will see how the PS3 fairs as these are using PS3 as lead platform & you dont hear these developer bitching.

By now we should all know EA are lazy.

I own both a 360 and a PS3, already have VF5 on PS3 now I'll have to get the 360 one.

To be honest, I prefer 360 by a long shot, the online is insanely better, achievements are a nice little bonus and games just feel better on the 360. In the long run I think PS3 will more than catch up when it comes to visuals/performance, but they'll never match Xbox Live.

Back
Top Bottom