Valid email address on your account

Mart

Executive Janitor
Staff
28 February 2002
NYC
Darlington FC
A lot of people have accounts here without a valid email address. Unfortunately this reflects badly on Evo-Web due to the number of bounced emails that come from the Evo-Web domain. (Every time you get a PM or subscribe to a thread etc. an email is generated unless you've changed the options)

I know Hotmail is already filtering out our activation emails as spam and I'm sure they're not alone.

To this end I've started monitoring the bounced emails and should your account crop up as having generated a bounced email it will be processed and you may well find a PM from me detailing that the email options on your account have been disabled. Your account will also be moved to the "Users awaiting email confirmation" usergroup, which restricts your posting options to that of new members who have not verified their email address.

To sort it out you just need to amend the email address on your account to a valid one then click the link in the verification email to re-activate your account and move it back to your normal usergroup. This can be done in your User CP.

It may be a minor inconvenience to you that I apologise for but a valid email address is a requirement to register and participate here.

If you have any questions on the above please reply here or PM me.

Back
Top Bottom