USB stick help

Chosen Few

Non-League
8 November 2007
Hopefully this is the right sub-forum. Apologies if it isn't.

When I try to copy a picture file from the USB stick to the PS3 hard drive, nothing happens after the "copying...please wait". It just stays on that same screen. I can still use the controller and attempt to cancel with the circle button but then after that, still nothing.

A loading circle on the top right of the screen appears and the blue light on the console is still on - so you'd think that the pic is still copying, but surely not when it usually takes half a second to copy such pics.

When I first started using the USB stick, I could copy no problem. But this problem has suddenly happened a few times now and I've had to reset the console manually to get off that screen. Additionally, the pic (in this case kits) hasnt been copied over.

Its not the USB ports that are the problem, because the controller works in both slots. Plus the "USB device" shows up. I would have thought that if it wasnt working, they wouldnt show up at all.

It's not the USB stick problem, because likewise the "USB device" wouldn't show up if it was knackered. Also, I can copy a picture that's already on the hard drive, back to the USB stick and then copy that picture back to the harddrive.

The hard drive can't be full because I've only just started using it.

I've gone through the whinge thread up there and nothing comes close to this problem. I've also tried searching on google and all I come across is other people whinging that they cant even see their pics, not aware of the "press triangle" shindig.

So has anybody got an idea as to what the bloody hell the problem could be? I'm completed baffled, in the hope that someone else with a bit of know-how will come along, mention something simple and life can continue again. ;)

Cheers.

It's strange that other pictures copy fine but not that particular one. I'm guessing it's the picture mate; the PS3 probably doesn't recognise it.

I take it this is a PES 2009 kit?? Try opening it in Photoshop/other program that handles your file and re-save it in the same format.

Hi
If the option given by "Jamesy" didn't work.
Try to do with your friends flash drive.
And if still the problem remains same then there is problem with your PS3.

Back
Top Bottom