US Elections... Obama v McCain

The 44th Presedent of America... You decide...

• Barack Obama Democrat

Votes: 27 77.1%
  • John McCain Republican

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Who Cares there both as bad...

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • America, where's that then...

Votes: 2 5.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nick Cave

Wrexham fan for my sins...
10 July 2004
Non football league waste land...
Wrexham AFC
The US Elections are under way and given they are the most important elections on the planet I think we should have our own Evo Web poll to see who you would like in the White house... Oooops the colors are wrong...

Last edited:
Neither

But Mccain looks like hes gonna be a Bush clone, with his "we as a Americans fight for what's right" and "we never hide from history we make history"

fuck having him in charge of a country who likes revenge

Neither

But Mccain looks like hes gonna be a Bush clone, with his "we as a Americans fight for what's right" and "we never hide from history we make history"

fuck having him in charge of a country who likes revenge

I've seen a couple of his speeches that has gone down the old I'm a war hero flag waving crap...

I voted Obama.
The worst case scenario is that Mc Cain wins, dies pretty soon (he's 72) and Palin takes over...that would bring us back to the stone age...

And now for something completely different...i hope i'm wrong but Obama's running mate can prove to be very important for the future...i have a very morbid feeling that Obama will be murdered...

Us

we don't go looking for a war because someone bombed the tube :))

bullshit, complete bullshit, hey coopz i guess you forgot those guys were UK citizens, kind of hard to start a war with yourself, and i guess you guys never wanted any IRA blood either... give me a break

i'm not arguing im just saying Mccain seems like the kinda guy who will jump headlong into a war like George Bush

and Bush is a grade A cock

I don't get how that old geezer with the lost look in his eyes and puppet strings on his arms is a hero for getting caught while in a war and put in a POW?

If I was in the US I'd vote for Obama - from what little ive seen the old geezers campaign is basically 'Obama is a coward and he wants the terrorists to win'

So rather than saying 'were great' they doing the 'if you vote for him, then your anti America' which is a shitty way to get idiot voters

I don't get how that old geezer with the lost look in his eyes and puppet strings on his arms is a hero for getting caught while in a war and put in a POW?

If I was in the US I'd vote for Obama - from what little ive seen the old geezers campaign is basically 'Obama is a coward and he wants the terrorists to win'

So rather than saying 'were great' they doing the 'if you vote for him, then your anti America' which is a shitty way to get idiot voters

i dont disagree with your second parts of your paragraph, however mcain was held in captiviy for like five years or something by the VC. He never sigend a piece of paper saying he was a spy or some bullshit like that. He endured torture and all sorts of bullshit while in captivity, and if you think if he signed the paper that it would have been over, your wrong. he still would have been tortured and fucked with. So the man has balls. I can respect that. Enduring that shit and not going mental says alot about his mental strength, there is no denying that...

Last edited:
i'm not arguing im just saying Mccain seems like the kinda guy who will jump headlong into a war like George Bush

and Bush is a grade A cock

macin will have to deal with a democatic congress and possible senate, it wont be so easy this time around... i think europe and the rest of the world think we have some imperial king in charge... bush's first 4 years of office had a republican congress and i think senate... congress writes legislation not the president, now regardless of mcain or obama, what is more important is the democratic congress and senate....

i dont disagree with your second parts of your paragraph, however mcain was held in captiviy for like five years or something by the VC. He never sigend a piece of paper saying he was a spy or some bullshit like that. He endured torture and all sorts of bullshit while in captivity, and if you think if he signed the paper that it would have been over, your wrong. he still would have been tortured and fucked with. So the man has balls. I can respect that. Enduring that shit and not going mental says alot about his mental strength, there is no denying that...

I bet he wasn't the only one - and from the little I've seen he's using this a little to prove he's worthy of being president. It's like; "Hey I went through all of this shit because I was damned if I did and damned if I didn't - therefore I'm better than Obama'

I've not followed it enough to pick the best of the best - but really all I know about McCain is people fancy that ropey looking woman he brought in and she has turned out to be a right bitch behind the scenes.

When is the Uk's next election so we can get Brown out?

I bet he wasn't the only one - and from the little I've seen he's using this a little to prove he's worthy of being president. It's like; "Hey I went through all of this shit because I was damned if I did and damned if I didn't - therefore I'm better than Obama'

I've not followed it enough to pick the best of the best - but really all I know about McCain is people fancy that ropey looking woman he brought in and she has turned out to be a right bitch behind the scenes.

When is the Uk's next election so we can get Brown out?

well he really doesnt tout himself all that much as a war hero and thats why he would be a good president, your getting skewed news dude.... mcain has been a politician his whole life, im not voting for him, but i respect him immenseley as a public servant. He has never done anything but work for his country.... i cant stand sarah palin, she is what is worst about our country

Well for me, it's all about the economy so I voted for McCain, who has the superior tax policy.

that's something that has not really hit home over here it's been mainly about the men, not so much their policies, don't you fear about Palin having any kind of power though...:SHOCK: ;)

Although I disagree with Palin's religious beliefs (as I am an agnostic, she is a devout Christian) I don't think she is "crazy" as she has been depicted by the media. Based on how she governed the state of Alaska, she was very moderate (obviously, still right of center) and seemed to do more good than bad. (She actually fought against corruption in her own party, and got some corrupt republican politicians to resign and be punished, so she at least has some ethics).

So while I don't agree with some of her social policies, the McCain/Palin ticket still offers a far better economic platform in comparison to Obama/Biden.

Also, I think Biden may be the worst of all of them... he just hasn't achieved any sort of celebrity and has avoided media coverage. But wow, the things he says are so very stupid.

Although I disagree with Palin's religious beliefs (as I am an agnostic, she is a devout Christian) I don't think she is "crazy" as she has been depicted by the media. Based on how she governed the state of Alaska, she was very moderate (obviously, still right of center) and seemed to do more good than bad. (She actually fought against corruption in her own party, and got some corrupt republican politicians to resign and be punished, so she at least has some ethics).

So while I don't agree with some of her social policies, the McCain/Palin ticket still offers a far better economic platform in comparison to Obama/Biden.

Also, I think Biden may be the worst of all of them... he just hasn't achieved any sort of celebrity and has avoided media coverage. But wow, the things he says are so very stupid.

Hmmm must be our media coverage, some of the things Palin has come out with have made W look like a professor...

Eatonj, in European media coverage Palin is depicted not as corrupt but something close to it (fraudulent, using her power to sack people,...). This was not in one particular paper, but all over the place here in Europe...have we missed something ???? Or have you missed something ???

Eatonj, in European media coverage Palin is depicted not as corrupt but something close to it (fraudulent, using her power to sack people,...). This was not in one particular paper, but all over the place here in Europe...have we missed something ???? Or have you missed something ???

Well, I haven't missed anything. Coverage calling her "corrupt" is ridiculous. Sure, Palin has her faults (her belief in a magical overlord that determines the outcome of the universe being one of them) but corruption (as I would define it, it is a a broad term) is not one of them.

As mayor and governor she advocated lower spending, and less government intrusion in people's lives. She fought against politicians that accepted bribes, or otherwise created personal gain for themselves through their political office. She fought against corruption.

The only question mark in her governorship that's made any press here has been the firing of a state police officer that she may have fired for personal reasons. However, she had the right to fire the officer as well as other good non-personal reasons. Other than that, there has been nothing to suggest any sort of corruption.

Personally, I'm not a Sarah Palin supporter, but the McCain/Palin ticket is far more appealing than the Obama/Biden ticket. As I see it, McCain's ticket isn't offering much by the way of new ideas whereas the Obama ticket is offering up horrible ideas.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom