Urgent help needed with Outlook 2003/Meetings/Calendar

D

DagsJT

Got a strange job to sort out today and I haven't got a clue, but thinking maybe someone here can help? I'll copy the text I've been sent explaining the issue:

"There is a setting which allows new meeting requests to be shown in the calendar view as tentative prior to the meeting request being read, this will enable me to see new meeting requests from my BlackBerry if I am out of the office. Can you advise where I can make this configuration change?"

The customer is using Outlook 2003. Apparantly meetings were automatically set to tentative but since a set of users have moved to this site, they say it doesn't seem to work anymore. Any ideas on this one? It looks like it's something to do with Exchange that sets the meeting to tentative initially, I've never seen or used Exchange before. Any help appreciated!

I've called a user who advises that previously a meeting sent to her would automatically be entered onto her calendar as tentative so if anyone else tried to book a meeting for her, they'd see a tentative slot already (even though she hasn't read the email yet). I've been told by a colleague he thinks it might be to do with permissions?

The tentative status is I believe the default setting.

Its not an Exchange setting, the setting is in Outlook:

Go to Tools > Options > Calendar Options

Under the setting "Use this response when you propose new meeting times" Ensure tentative is selected.

I think though this setting is governed by the sender of the meeting not the recipient.

The system admin though may have set a group policy to change the default setting. You can usually tell this because the option will be greyed out.

Good luck.

Option was already set to Tentative. Have checked if the issue is just with a specific person sending the meeting requests and the user has advised the issue is with any meeting requests received. They show fine in the inbox, just not added to the calendar automatically. Apparantly it worked fine before they moved to this site, the Exchange server is the same, just a different subnet. No software settings have changed on Outlook since they moved sites.

So when you set up a meeting what is the time period set as? Busy? When you go into calendar options are there any options deselected at all that are greyed out and unable to be ticked to be selected again?

Back
Top Bottom