UEFA Champions League For 360! (March 20th)

PES7 will be PES6 plus minor tweaks. Same old AI bullshit, same cartoony graphics and many more gripes....Dj

Do you actually know this??? I don't think so, this is a hunch...
I can understand that you are disappointed with PES and that you like the last EA game (haven't played it since i have no X360 but if it would come out for PS3 i would certainly try it) but don't act like you have a crystal ball...
The only person who has more information (Adonis and he's reliable) tells us that Seabass and his team will have a huge budget for the next gen WE/PES...sounds good no???
And i've read your post about playing ML against a weaker team and only manage a 0-0...how often doens that not happen IRL...that's football...
Of course i wouldn't even dare to suggest that maybe you simply might not be good enough to win...
I don't want to hurt your feelings but sometimes you talk about games like you have all the knowledge in the world...sometimes that's irritating.
You can call me a fanboy now, because that's what usually happens after postings like this.

No hard feelings.

Not good enough to win.... oh yes that would be when the CPU makes my players turn into Retards who cant play football!!! What can I do about that then Gerd? Nothing!

Its always been this way since the Early ISS Pro Days. The CPU goes mental, you cant stop it and you get beaten by South Africa when your playing as Brazil! Ive played enough of this series to know what im talking about so dont even think about saying I dont know what im on about.... PES6 was hardly much of a change from 5 was it?

Dj

Not good enough to win.... oh yes that would be when the CPU makes my players turn into Retards who cant play football!!! What can I do about that then Gerd? Nothing!

Its always been this way since the Early ISS Pro Days. The CPU goes mental, you cant stop it and you get beaten by South Africa when your playing as Brazil! Ive played enough of this series to know what im talking about so dont even think about saying I dont know what im on about.... PES6 was hardly much of a change from 5 was it?

Dj

I know this will not ease your pain, but, thats football, every so often big teams get beat by small teams, thats the beauty and frustration of football. I wouldnt want to play a game where I knew I was going to win every game. Personally I want games every so often where I am battering a team for 89 mins and cant seem to put the ball in the back of the net, and then they go up the other end a sneak in a luck goal in the 90th min, without that it gets boring.

If this happened alot I would agree with you, but after playing thousands of matches from ISS on the SNES to PES6 on 360 I cant say that it happens enough to spoil the game.

May I be philosophical for a moment?

The majority of us have been with ISS/PES for a long long time - a bit like a marriage. In a long term relationship, EVENTUALLY, it's the little things that start to bother you - snoring, farting, it's different for everyone.

So, now, a young, more instantly fanciable alternative comes along, and yes, it has it's flaws, but in the early stages of a relationship, you forgive these for the things that are different to your previous/current partner.

So in conclusion, UEFA is the mistress and PES is your wife, and the affair will have to be reviewed in the autumn once the next releases come out - in the meantime, the excitment of something different (and interesting) is much more appreciated than the downsides to the relationship that you've put up with for year on year on year.

Did I make any sense there? Probably not!

Djdoc: did i say that you were not good enough...i was merely joking and your reaction is rather telling.

Nicostorm: i completely agree with you...i said the same in my post. This surprise factor is what makes football attractive.

mjp i agree with your philosophical comment...very good one.

I can accept that teams/players have off days but what about if your players have got a good form arrow and they are not suffering from fatigue and they are a fast player! e.g. C Ronaldo..... and they get caught, pulled back and fouled off the ball everytime by the slowest Left Back on the game..... e.g. you can never seem to beat anyone for pace as the CPU evens the stats out and makes sure you can be caught?

Dj

I agree with you on that one dj...
I remember a game in a previous version were Karsten Jancker, then playing for Udinese turned out to be a dribble wizard...that's unrealistic.
But the last FIFA i played was FIFA07 (for PS2, which is maybe important) and i don't think that was better in terms of realistic abilities for the CPU's players...

I think the most annoying thing is the way the "bias" shall we say is implemented, it's like a switch is thrown and everything alters all at once! Do not know if it's just me who See's it this way?

mjp, sounds like you speak from experience... ;)

I think the most annoying thing is the way the "bias" shall we say is implemented, it's like a switch is thrown and everything alters all at once! Do not know if it's just me who See's it this way?

Agreed, totally.

It's like when your wife flips for no reason.....oh hang on, I've finished with the marriage/affair analogies for now ;-p

:) So you do agree with me on some parts. Im not sure Konami will overhall the game engine and get rid of that part of it though... I understand they have to make the game more challenging but at least give you the power to do what you could do in real football.... e.g. fast player out runs slower player... but if slower player is stronger and is close to the fast player he could win the ball via strength...

I think the physics of the game need an overhaul too.

Graphics on the 360 version were pathetic.

Dj

mjp, sounds like you speak from experience... ;)

Yes mate - but I never went back to my "Pro Evo" - I stayed with my mistress and am due to be married to her in oh, about 88 days!

:) So you do agree with me on some parts. Im not sure Konami will overhall the game engine and get rid of that part of it though... I understand they have to make the game more challenging but at least give you the power to do what you could do in real football.... e.g. fast player out runs slower player... but if slower player is stronger and is close to the fast player he could win the ball via strength...

I think the physics of the game need an overhaul too.

Graphics on the 360 version were pathetic.

Dj

Realistically, do you see them doing this? I think the issue of defenders you can't out-run has been an issue for a long time as far as I remember. Compare this to the similar problem in UEFA where long balls are "jogged" for - think EA will be able to sort that out easily because that's just a fault - PES's problem is by design in my opinion to stop you whopping the CPU everytime.

Last edited:
I think the next good footy title will be Pro Evolution Soccer 2021!
It sure will look the mutts nutts on the Playstation 6. Though I can't see myself playing Pro Evo when I'm approaching 40, unless its that good...... then again it'd probably be the same as PES5, but with bits tinkered here and there. :lol:

It sure will look the mutts nutts on the Playstation 6. Though I can't see myself playing Pro Evo when I'm approaching 40, unless its that good...... then again it'd probably be the same as PES5, but with bits tinkered here and there. :lol:

:lol:

I wouldnt say that JJ.... you may get flamed or accused of knowing it all....

Dj

I am now going to shock everyone who has clicked on this thread with the revelation that I have played the game and enjoyed it.

PES6 on the 360 is a fucking awful game compared to Winning Eleven 10 on the PS2. Champions League however is a breath of fresh air and a game that I can see me playing for a while to come

I am now going to shock everyone who has clicked on this thread with the revelation that I have played the game and enjoyed it.

PES6 on the 360 is a fucking awful game compared to Winning Eleven 10 on the PS2. Champions League however is a breath of fresh air and a game that I can see me playing for a while to come

:applause: Welcome! It is a great game - funnily enough I just tried playing PES6 to see if I have been harsh on the game:

I haven't - it's AWFUL!

I've started a CL campaign with Valencia and I have to agree with El Diego (I think) in saying that their formation certainly promotes a good passing game.

Had a belter of a game last night against Real away, took a two goal lead midway through the second half, they came back to 2-2 then as they press for the winner, I score a break-away goal. They then press for an equaliser and again, I score a break-away goal again to win 4-2.

Sets me up nicely for the return leg tonight which I can't wait to play.

CWright, I never thought I'd see the day that you liked something made by a FIFA team. Welcome to the club! :D

@ JB - as the original campaigner of this game, wondered if you going quiet recently was a case of you not loving the game as much?

How are you finding it these days?

I've not gone off it, I just find that (thankfully) there's enough people seeing the light now to do my work for me. ;)

In all seriousness, I think the game is a work of art. The team they have doing the work now at EA is dedicated and it shines through in everything in the game. They really are trying - whether you think the game is great or crap, you have to acknowledge that, surely.

I'll admit that two things have really put me off playing it as often, though:

1) My Ultimate Team has been deleted twice without explanation. It's not like I've got a chipped 360 or I cheat or anything, so it really pisses me off that I've put two weeks' worth of effort into a game only to have it wiped off. TWICE.

2) When I play online the reactions are literally 2-3 seconds behind what they are offline - now you might think "that's online games for you", but I played FIFA 07 online quite regularly and it was literally - yes, trust me, literally - like playing it against someone in the same room. No slow reactions, no lag, nothing.

I'm still going back to the game regularly and I'm yet to reach the CL final - the CPU is just too good for me, which I love - but I'll admit that I'm tempted to try and pick up a copy of PES6 purely for the online mode. But I'd be mad if I did because I remember having the exact same problems as I do with UEFA.

Jack how many online games have you had? I rarely experience the buttin lag. It was bad on one particular day I remember but since it's been fine. Lets get a little EVO WEB Lobby tonight or tomorrow. We can set it up and password it should be a good laugh. Leave your name if interested.

P.S This game actually gets better the more you play it.

JayD good idea mate! I am up for that!

I am LOVING Ultimate Team mode - Jack, I clicked on team management and thought my team had been deleted but it hadn't - for some reason all the players just dissapear at times, I bet that is what has happened with you? Also, DON'T BE A FOOL and buy PES6 for online! What is the point if you dislike the game? I tried it this morning and the game is a joke! :lol:

JayD, perhaps I just had a bad few games. I'll check it out tonight/tomorrow and have another game. I agree, the more you play it the more gobsmacking some of the moves are, but there's still some people who just don't "get" it, which is unfortunate. At the end of the day, both games have an equal number of equally serious faults - but I've been experiencing the same PES faults for years upon years. I'd rather experience some different ones for a change, and enjoy the other features that PES lacks.

Diego, I tried everything to get them to come back and they just wouldn't. I switched the 360 off and on, went into other modes first, reloaded the options - they wouldn't come back. But you're right, I'd be wasting my money if I got PES again. I'll try UEFA CL online again and if the button lag is gone then I'll be a happy chappy.

Any ideas what the update is?

I've not had button lag again yet, so that's good. I had three scumbag cheats in a row though, which is seriously putting me off ever playing a football game online again. Through ball, through ball, through ball, taking up the full 30 seconds every time there's a break... The world is full of twats - even more so than I'd already thought.

The last one was "L0RD0M", don't ever play the wanker - or even better, play him and destroy him.

What pisses me off the most is that it was a PLAYER match!!

Last edited:
how the fuck has this thread got so many posts and views?

Because everyone is sick of PES and think this could the football game to replace it?

I am still LOVING this game - it's crazy, I haven't been like this about a game since PES I on the PSone! I don't bother with online as single player is loads of fun. Trying to fill my collectors album.

How people play any football game online I don't know. You play PES and it's Inter Milan, Adriano, cutback, 1-0, lag, oh no, 2-0, time wasting, full time. You play UEFA and it's through ball, miss, through ball, score, half time, doesn't make any changes but makes you wait 30 seconds because they're a prick, through ball, miss, through ball, score, full time.

No fun in any online football games whatsoever. They desperately need to come up with either an anti-cheat system (or if you're pedantic and want to say it's not cheating, then they need to start producing games with no flaws), or an online league/cup system where you can choose the participants based on a report card (how many games they've played, how many users rate them as good football players, how many users rate them as cheating scumbags). The good/bad rep system isn't enough, because you can have someone who's great at Gears Of War with great rep but thinks all you have to do in football is through-pass. There needs to be a seperate system for sports games (or at least football games), as they'll all have some kind of flaw to exploit.

If I can think of that, why can't EA or Konami? I'd love a decent online game.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom