TV Convertor for Mac?

Velocity5

League 2
26 June 2005
Texas, USA
Real Madrid
I own a PowerBook G4 Macintosh computer. I want to setup my laptop to play my PS3 games. Anyone know of a reliable and quality TV convertor hardware? I don't own a television simply because I am always moving around and need to conserve space in my car. I am looking for something in the 100-150 dollar range. Any ideas?

The Elgato ones are good. I own the Elgaty Eyetv Hybrid, and the tv quality is great as well. Its probably the best in the market but it has 2 main disadvantages, which will apply to all tv cards for mac - there will be a delay of about half a second and it only supports games under 60hz.

The Elgato ones are good. I own the Elgaty Eyetv Hybrid, and the tv quality is great as well. Its probably the best in the market but it has 2 main disadvantages, which will apply to all tv cards for mac - there will be a delay of about half a second and it only supports games under 60hz.

Damn damn damn! I wouldn't be able to take the delay... it would defeat the purpose of playing any fast paced games. I was really hoping you wouldn't mention the delay. On the same point, I am glad you did because now I won't have to waste my money. Still disappointing. Just out of curiosity, what do you mean it can't support games under 60hz? Is this a pal/ntsc issue?

Not Pal/NTSC issue. For example Gears of War and Mass Effect only run on 60hz monitors/tvs, they wouldnt even run through those TV cards. Games that require 60hz usually say on the box in a clear coloured icon. The delay initially didnt feel bad, games like PGR are fine, but games like PES will be affected, or games with fast reactions.... especially online play. Its not worth the money imo.... the best one to-date for macs only supports s-video, which was quite poor. Now I only use my tv card for tv as the quality is HD quality. But other than that, its not worth it for games.

I see. Well, that definitely is information I am glad you shared, so many thanks for that!
It seems as though the best answer is to get a cheap inexpensive television. Blah. too bad the cards for the Mac don't work that well...

Back
Top Bottom