Transfer of the season

FreMM

♥♦♣♠PeS DiSpEnSeR ♥♦♣♠
6 October 2005
Belgium
Juventus F.C.
Since the transfer market is been going bananas ( and it hasn't even opened yet :CONFUSE: ) I was interested to hear your views about what you guys feel is the most succesfull transfer of the season up until now.

Mine would be Diego to Juve. Huge potential, relatively small amount of money.

This summer will go down as the craziest summer ever

Real with Ronaldo + Kaka and looking to bring in another 2-3

City will likely spend ridiculous amounts, Milan have 60M to spend, United have 100M to spend, Liverpool will look to bring in 1 big name. Chelsea also.

Cristiano to Real (if sealed) ~ 90.000.000 €
Kaka to Real ~ 65.000.000 €
Diego to Juve ~ 30.000.000 €
Gomez to Bayern ~ 30.000.000 €
Gourcuff to Bordeaux ~ 15.000.000 €

in that order - up until now, though it's very likely more high profile transfers will follow, since Milan and ManU would want to buy replacements for their superstars. They got plenty of money to spend as well.

the crazy summer continue...

Chelsea ask to Bayern Ribery price, Bayern says 75 M€ Chelsea refuse
Inter propose 40 M€ to Lyon for Benzema.

I really don't see City or Chelsea buying anyone major, 'cause lets face it, who'd wanna go there?

Chelsea have more pulling power than any other English team when it comes to big stars because of the location. City have a problem until they start qualifying for the Champions League.

Yeah, but the location is a null point because if players are going to go to a club based on that, they'll go to Spain or Italy.

If they go off anything else but want to play in England, they'd pick United or Liverpool or Arsenal because of the history.

Not true... United have only ever managed to get Veron that was considered one of the top players in Europe. Arsenal maybe Bergkamp, maybe Overmars. Liverpool maybe Torres, but it was a risk when they got him.
Chelsea signed Drogba, Essien (both top players from the CL when they bought them), Deco, Shevchenko.

With Ancelotti in charge now they are even more likely to get the better European players than we are.

£80m for Ronaldo, the world has gone crazy.

About Diego, he's someone who I've always thought has flattered to deceive personally.

Money is ridiculous now though.

FD

£90m tag for Ribery now. It's absolutely ridiculous and quite disgusting too. I wonder if the guy think he's worth that money himself?

There's a distinct possibilty that neither Portugal (Ronaldo) or France (Ribery) will even be at the next World Cup too. Just goes to show...

Nor will Argentina at this rate. doesn't mean the player's aren't that good (Ribery is probably the 3rd best winger behind them two)

imo the best trasnfer will be Ramires to Benfica...
u guys wait and see till this guy start crusing at Liga Sagres, and for 7m that was the biggest bargain!
i bet a year from now Benfica will sell him for 30-35m to a top club from SPA, ENG or ITA.

Gourcuff to Bordeaux ~ 15.000.000 €

a player like him at this price, i don't think a transfer as good as that can be topped for the season

everyone will say ronaldo or kaka, but u look at the price and they havn't proved as of yet if they can manage la liga, where gourcuff got player of the year last year in ligue 1.

Gourcuff to Bordeaux is by far the best...
Agree. They've secured a shiny talent for such a small amount of money.. Shame on you Galliani.. For what you've done, you should really rip your hair off your hea..

OOPS!! I forgot.. :BLUSH:

I'll go for Gourcouff too, but not just cause we have the same birthday.

I can't say Bordeaux are brilliant for this move. Anyone would have bought him. But Milan are rather stupid.

And with the amounts thrown around after Kaka i think the contest's over. What remains it to get back here after 6/12 months and discuss the accuracy of our opinions.

Mine would be Diego to Juve. Huge potential, relatively small amount of money.

By those standards Cissoko's transfer to Milan was immense.
Cost 300mil€ in January and now sold for 15M€.

Portugal won't be at the World Cup. It's better this way, it's better than going there and embarace ourselves ffs. We have been soo crappy...
I will still be sad about it though.

Not true... United have only ever managed to get Veron that was considered one of the top players in Europe. Arsenal maybe Bergkamp, maybe Overmars. Liverpool maybe Torres, but it was a risk when they got him.
Chelsea signed Drogba, Essien (both top players from the CL when they bought them), Deco, Shevchenko.

With Ancelotti in charge now they are even more likely to get the better European players than we are.

nah i don't agree with this at all, particularly when you cite Drogba, Deco and Shevchenko as players who were on top of their game when signing for them.

Drogba had had one impressive season when they signed him and that was in the French league, in which Djibril Cisse had scored more before signing for Liverpool and he never reached his potential so it was always a risk.

Deco made less than 20 appearances and score 1 goal the season before Chelsea signed him, he was seen by most as past his best and he clearly was not on the top of his game.

Same goes for Shevchenko, While he was one of the best strikers in the world at one point, i think most football fans knew it wouldn't work out at Chelsea, he'd spent too much time in a slower league to be able to adapt, so it was a huge risk to spend such a massive amount of money on him. Plus you can pretty much guarantee that the salary on offer was more of a factor than London.

United signed Berbatov when most big teams were interested, although he has flopped so far. Hargreaves was at the peak of his game when he signed after a year of talks between Bayern and Utd. Plus, look at the amount of players United have signed from London teams; van der Sar, Ferdinand, Carrick, Tevez (sort of) and Berbatov from the current line-up all came from a London team, why didn't they stay there if the city was more of a draw than playing for United?

The only reason Hargreaves hasn't been brilliant is because he's been injured. It's sort of like saying, "yeah, well Rosicky has been shite, he's played 44 games in 3 seasond"

You said that "he was at the peak of his game" when he joined Utd, which insinuates that he's not like that anymore.

no that was clearly not my point. My point was that United had signed big named players at their peak because marukomu said the only big player United had signed was Veron.

If you'd have read the thread and the rest of my post you'd have understood that.

UJS - I see your point mate but Maru didnt say we dont sign big players, he said Veron was the only player considered one of the best in Europe when he signed. Maybe there's a couple of other exeptions but mostly we haven't. Same with Liverpool, any player considered in that bracket has reached that point whilst at the club. Players like Pirlo and Pato for example wouldn't even consider playing in England before Ancelotti went to Chelsea, I think that was his point. It's true that certain foreign players will only move to London if they come here, loads of managers have said they've had problems with signings because of this over the years. The fact we signed Carrick (a geordie) from Tottenham, and Tevez & VdS came from West Ham and Fulham is different as they are much less sucessful than Chelsea or United and if they'd been at Chelsea the chance of them signing for us would be much lower.

Also Ferdinand wasn't signed from a London team, we signed him from Leeds and at a time where he was no where near his peak, let alone a top player in Europe, he probably only started to reach that last year.

Back
Top Bottom