TopSpin 2K25 [PS5/PS4/Series/One/PC]

Norman is the only one playing the game following tennis fundamentals. He's playing on Very Hard difficulty and he's the best showcasing the pros and cons. Like me and some others here he's played the sport in real life and it shows.
That said, forget the rest "content creators" streaming the game, just watch Saturator's videos posted above and decide if you want to buy the game or not. 2k25 is a refined Top Spin 4, a quick reboot with added animations and some extra features in career mode. The engine and coding is exactly the same, if you know how to play tennis you start on Very Hard difficulty or Hard for a couple of matches just to get the hang of the controls again.
I'm buying the game even though I think it should have been £29.99 and not £49.99. Ofc the gameplay is 100x times better than any other recent tennis videogame, it's not Full Ace (this only lacks in animations). If they want to continue and improve the series they need to contact the Full Ace dev guy and have also people like Norman, me (😜) and a few others alongside as gameplay advisors.

This is going to be exhaustive again in higher difficulties. Expect matches best of 5 to last 3h+ with a custom average rated MyPlayer in career mode. Unfortunately they didn't fix this strange AI slow shot which happens a couple of times mid court and you can't move to hit back. Everything else is absolutely fantastic and it gets better when fatigue kicks in.
Many thanks Saturator for the videos. It's an absolute blast watching someone like Norman playing on Expert and the way real tennis players do.

This is going to be exhaustive again in higher difficulties. Expect matches best of 5 to last 3h+ with a custom average rated MyPlayer in career mode. Unfortunately they didn't fix this strange AI slow shot which happens a couple of times mid court and you can't move to hit back. Everything else is absolutely fantastic and it gets better when fatigue kicks in.
Many thanks Saturator for the videos. It's an absolute blast watching someone like Norman playing on Expert and the way real tennis players do.
Thanks you mate. His 5 hours streaming was fantastic. I hope i can play like that on monday!

As a massive tennis fan, I'm really excited about this. 🎾 Can't wait to play with my favorite players, from Stefan Edberg to Roger Federer.
I might wait until the price comes down a bit, or for a promo.

I think it'll be interesting to see the differences between the Old-Gen vs the New-Gen playability. The graphics in New-Gen look really nice, but if FIFA 23 and some other examples are an indicator, something tells me Old-Gen might have better gameplay. Will be keeping a close eye on this one. :)

Is it just me or is the Gameplay incredibly different (in a good way) on higher difficulty.
It's been the same in TS4. Cpu AI positioning and movement is nerfed on Normal, actually you can even win matches easily on Hard. Tennis is a very difficult game to balance the difficulty unless a dev codes more algorithms dependable on individual attributes, ball placement, fatigue, momentum etc. At higher difficulties (Very Hard and upwards) it's important to manage the rallies. Don't be afraid to surrender points or even games when for example you're 40-0 down to the opponent's serve.
Norman, as you've seen on the videos, is a very knowledgeable tennis player. Eventually he'll win all matches on the highest difficulty. To compensate he will start playing the career mode without applying attribute points to his player to make the game challenging. I was doing the same in TS4.

New videos

Federer vs Medvedev at Wimbledon hard difficulyty (near camera)

Medvedev Vs Fritz Australian Open at Legend difficulty

Swiatek Vs Alcaraz legend difficulty

Ben Shelton Vs Andre Agassi Expert difficulty on Clay
Tbh this seems pretty cool. Much more like real tennis and much much much better than all these gameplay before. This actually makes me want to buy the game :)

It seems like if you want to play as a tennis player you can and it looks similar to real tennis.

Fingers crossed that modders will be able to "break" the game and add all ATP/WTA players and some courts :)

My personnal video on Xbox Series

Federer Vs Alcaraz à US Open

Graf Vs Swiatek à Roland Garros

Agassi vs Sampras a Miami

Naomi Osaka Vs Coco Gauff Very Hard Auckland

Fritz Vs Berrettini Mutua Madrid Hard

Pliskova Vs Raducanu Hard Wimbledon

McEnroe Vs Agassi Very Hard Casablanca

I love the gameplay, so nice, the animations are amazing. Since very hard, AI is very good. Without visual helps, it's a real challenge.

Played it and matches are fun but right now would wait with the Grand Slam edition, they have a bug where the content of the Grand Slam edition isn't available to users so no one has gotten their Season passes yet.

Also one horrible design decision: you are not able to save matches and return to them at a later point meaning whenever you play you need to have the hour to spare to play your match. For me in 2024 that's nearly unacceptable especially seeing how I usually don't have the time to play a full match every evening. So for me that's a big downer.

Played it and matches are fun but right now would wait with the Grand Slam edition, they have a bug where the content of the Grand Slam edition isn't available to users so no one has gotten their Season passes yet.

Also one horrible design decision: you are not able to save matches and return to them at a later point meaning whenever you play you need to have the hour to spare to play your match. For me in 2024 that's nearly unacceptable especially seeing how I usually don't have the time to play a full match every evening. So for me that's a big downer.

I don't think that is unacceptable today.
Full Ace lets you save at the end of the set but not during the game - This to me is perfect.

IMO you should not be able to save the game every point as it just means the user could cheat and not in the spirit of the game.

Full Ace lets you save at the end of the set but not during the game - This to me is perfect.

IMO you should not be able to save the game every point as it just means the user could cheat and not in the spirit of the game.
Yeah but here my only option is to forfeit the match and for me that is unacceptable ;)

Also I ma a full believer in respecting players time and the user experience. I always enjoy games more where in a long match/race I can pause and save whenever I want and pickup wherever I want because I feel it fits my current lifestyle and time window. And who cares if someone uses it to cheat in an offline mode, that is their decision then but doesn't hinder my experience.

The more options the better in my opinion. I sometimes only have a 15 min Ute window to play. So if the game doesn't offer me an experience there I will not play it, which in the end shouldn't be the goal of a game.

Last edited:
Have purchased the game and will give it a go when released as not paying £60 to play it 2/3 days early.

I will probably refund though before the 2 hours are up, as really don't think this will come close to Full Ace.

Like who cares? I mean if ppl want to cheat let them cheat, their decision. I like saving after each point precisely for the reasons mentioned above, you usually do not have time to play full match. It's always better to give players choices, how they gonna handle them it's up to them/us.

Different thing is online of course, there need to be rules setup to have fair game.

Haven't bought the game yet mainly because I saw some Steam users who can't even launch it. If I buy the GS version now will I have the early access or I have to wait for the official release?

I'm in the game also guys. Grand Slam edition. Disabled right away the timing meter, trying to adjust though from TS4. Timing is different in this one as you can't pre power the shot anytime when the ball is still on the air. I'd rather keep the meter off, I don't want to master the mechanic right away. I want to lose many matches. 😀

Ffs I'm getting battered. Wtf. I just lost 6-0, 6-0 to Tiafoe in Hard difficulty. Not even in Very Hard. I haven't lost a match that bad even in Full Ace.

Yes without visual helps, the game is harder than TP4. But I love it. I tryed to unlock Legend difficulty. Serera Williams and Maria Sharapova are so overpowered😂. Forehand, backhand and serv are rockets!😳

Back
Top Bottom