TopSpin 2K25 [PS5/PS4/Series/One/PC]

Eurogamer - TopSpin 2K25 Players Furious at Server Issues Impacting Single-Player Career Mode

Really interesting point:

What's more, a notice for the game across all stores reads: "Please note that TopSpin 2K25's online features are scheduled to be available until 31st December 2026 though we reserve the right to modify or discontinue online features without notice."

This certainly suggests the servers may not be renewed after this date, which would mean even the game's single-player career mode would be unavailable due to the online requirement.

The way my backlog is looking at the moment, it may well take me until 2027 to get around to this...

Eurogamer - TopSpin 2K25 Players Furious at Server Issues Impacting Single-Player Career Mode

Really interesting point:

The way my backlog is looking at the moment, it may well take me until 2027 to get around to this...
This is crap 2K has done for years with their NBA game. I remember I had a blast playing myLeague (an offline mode) back on 2k16. Multiple seasons played, all around good time. Fast forward a year or so after I initially started playing, I wanted to revisit my old save. Only to find out that the servers were now offline. And, as a result, all my files got corrupted because they needed access to the server. My settings, rosters, draft classes, my saves, all of which were offline content. I lost all of it because the server was gone.

And since then, it's even worse for myCareer. I think 2k17 was the last one where you could play that mode offline. Since then, you need to be online to play it and that means your save is then rendered dead when the servers are taken offline.

Online connectivity to play something by myself is one of the absolute worst decisions modern gaming makes and it completely puts me off this game. Especially as someone who doesn't buy them yearly.

Back
Top Bottom