Top 10 players of this Year?

RedLyon

Non-League
30 December 2011
This year means 11/12 and Euro 2012 matches.

My top 10:
1.Cristiano Ronaldo - Helping Madrid won La Liga and helping Portugal reach semi finals. A few amazing free kicks scored.
120621083719-ronaldo-euro-2012-goal-czech-story-top.jpg

2.Lionel Messi - Helped Barcelona win Copa del Rey, heavyload of Goals in his year. This year.
Lionel-Messi-Barcelona-drawn-Real-Betis-2012.jpg

3.Iniesta - Allround the best midfielder of today.
iniesta_2264679b.jpg

4.Xavi - A good midfielder, a lot of assist for Barcelona and Euro
Xavi+Hernandez+new+pic+2012+08.jpg

5.David Silva - Won the Euro, Premier League, was one of the key to League Success and Aguero was helped by him a lot.
David+Silva.jpg

6.Mesut Ozil - A load of assist in Madrid, helped Germany reaching semi finals, a goal against Buffon :D
Mesut+Ozil+Denmark+v+Germany+Group+B+UEFA+Up8djDrc31kl.jpg

7.Iker Casillas - Unbeaten in a set of Euro 2012 matches, clean sheet in the final :D
image.jpg

8.Mario Gomez - Helped Bayern reach final of UEFA CL, and also 3 goals in Euro 2012.
gomez_2249932b.jpg

9.Neymar - The skill this boy can do is amazing, rainbows, roulettes, elastico anything.
8331.jpg

10.Lucas Moura - Same with Neymar, Lucas is a very young skillful dribbler :) He has a very bright future.
tumblr_lnmv4eTxGB1qkumlpo1_400.jpg

My opinion :WORSHIP:
What's yours ? :))

Last edited:
1 - Messi
2 - C.Ronaldo
3 - Iniesta
4 - Xavi
5 - S.Ramos
6 - Casillas
7 - Benzema
8 - Gomez
9 - Pirlo
10 - Neuer

Last edited:
1- Cristiano Ronaldo
2- Andres Iniesta
3- Lionel Messi
4- Mesut Ozil
5- Xavi
6- Antonio Valencia
7- Iker Casillas
8- Clint Dempsey
9- Wayne Rooney
10- Robin van Persie

If you're talking about the best player, I think there's no possible doubt here. I think of all the season as a whole.

1) The genius. The guy who does things no one else can.

In one of his worse seasons he won Copa del Rey, European Supercup, Spanish Supercup (scoring a hat trick against Madrid) and Fifa Clubs World Cup and broke all existing records in scoring and was the best ASSISTER in Europe. At the same time. He produced +110 goals!

He had very bad luck against Chelsea and Barcelona a terrible season of injuries, but take his highlights and try to find someone who is able to do what he does.

2) Ronaldo came close, but to me he's mainly a finisher. One of the best ever. But he's not a genius. His influence on the team is limited to finishing plays. And sorry but he's a terrible free kick taker (he's not even amongst the 10 best FK in La Liga according to stats). He's specially dangerous when he's got space and he's one of the best athletes in this sport, with great determination and ambition. He has had a great season, but he still lacks vision, less arrogance, less moaning and less diving to be a legend.

3) Xavi & Iniesta & Casillas: I would put all of them in third place. They are all masters of their trade, great and humble human beings. Casillas won more silverware, but Xavi & Iniesta are geniuses.

4) Neymar, Ribéry, Neuer, Khedira, Drogba, Mata, Silva, Touré, Borussia Dortmund as a whole, Llorente, Van Persie and Falcao.

5) A lot of players!

Damn Pirlo is underrated. He had a great season with Juventus in which he was magic every game and people barely noticed. Then he went on to have an awesome Euro and still he only made one of these lists. You people are crazy! :P

Top 10 Players of the Season

Talking about the 2011/12 season in Europe:

01. Lionel Messi (Barcelona)
02. Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid)
03. Andrés Iniesta (Barcelona)
04. David Silva (Manchester City)
05. Andrea Pirlo (Juventus)
06. Falcao (Atlético Madrid)
07. Arturo Vidal (Juventus)
08. Mesut Özil (Real Madrid)
09. Marco Reus (Borussia Mönchengladbach)
10. Robin van Persie (Arsenal)

Re: Top 10 Players of the Season

Talking about the 2011/12 season in Europe:

01. Lionel Messi (Barcelona)
02. Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid)
03. Andrés Iniesta (Barcelona)
04. David Silva (Manchester City)
05. Andrea Pirlo (Juventus)
06. Falcao (Atlético Madrid)
07. Arturo Vidal (Juventus)
08. Mesut Özil (Real Madrid)
09. Marco Reus (Borussia Mönchengladbach)
10. Robin van Persie (Arsenal)

Arturo Vidal, what'd he do? :CONFUSE:

Re: Top 10 Players of the Season

Arturo Vidal, what'd he do? :CONFUSE:

A little bit of everything, everything game, all year.
Can't believe I forgot about him, he was one of the player who did their bit and then some, but then never got the praise for doing so.

Almost as crazy as Allegri for dumping him :P

Allegri did not dump him. It was Pirlo himself that rejects the 1 year contract offer. The same contract that was offered to the other senatores, Gattuso, Ambrosini, Seedorf and Inzaghi.
But, of course people can still say that Milan "gave" Pirlo to Juventus.

I think it was not that crazy when it is compared to when Inter "gave" Pirlo and Seedorf, or when Juventus "gave" Pippo Inzaghi to make room for Trezeguet.

Pirlo to Juve? Yeah, it is bound to happen when Juventus "dumped" Inzaghi to Milan :))

Well Trezeguet at least replaced Inzaghi more than adequatly. Pirlo was not replaced as such at Milan.

Other blunders, does not unmake this blunder.

And yes, one can make a convincing case of Milan giving Pirlo away with that one year contract offer.

In Pirlo's case it's different because he played at Milan for years and then Milan just dumped him as if he was just another played they didn't need. In Inzaghi's case it was different since he didn't play for Juve that long to be considered what Pirlo is for Milan.

1) Cristiano Ronaldo
2) Radamel Falcao
3) Lionel Messi
4) Andres Iniesta
5) Andrea Pirlo
6) Mesut Özil
7) David Silva
8) Didier Drogba
9) Yaya Toure
10) Mats Hummels

Last edited:
01-Ronaldo.
02-Messi.
03-Drogba.
04-Özil.
05-Iniesta.
06-Falcao.
07-van Persie.
08-David Silva.
09-Hummels.
10-Casillas.
!!

I know this opinion based but Drogba? Really, other than a goal in the FA Cup and The winning penalty in the Champs LgeFinal he had an otherwise dissapointing season..

Drogba did his job when it mattered most despite his age. Scored the first goal against Spurs in FA Cup semi-final, scored in the final too and he had an excellent CL campaign other than the final as well. That winning penalty in the final is only the icing on the cake. It's no similar case with Grosso's imho.

Drogba did his job when it mattered most despite his age. Scored the first goal against Spurs in FA Cup semi-final, scored in the final too and he also had an excellent CL campaign other than the final. That winning penalty in the final is only the icing on the cake. It's no similar case with Grosso's imho.

Grosso put Italy into the final of the WC and then scored the winning penalty in the final.. It's exactly the same

I don't try to convince you at all. I only said what I think.

Drogba,

scored two goals in the last game of the group stage against Valencia, saved Chelsea from (possibly) being eliminated in the group stage.

scored the first goal against Napoli in the second leg of the round of 16. assisted Ivanovic's goal and put a brilliant performance other than the goal and assist as well.

scored the only goal in the game against Barcelona at Stamford Bridge. worked his socks off in both legs.

scored a vital goal (which was also very difficult) at the 88th minute in the final and led the game to extra-time.

That's why I said it's a different case.

1) Cristiano Ronaldo
2) Lionel Messi
3) Andres Iniesta
4) Mario Gomez
5) Xavi
6) Iker Casillas
7) Robin van Persie
8) Shinji Kagawa
9) Mesut Özil
10) David Silva

Back
Top Bottom