Tomb Raider Underworld

The demo and DLC were exclusive to the 360 which was one reason I didn't pick this game up. I've grown tired of the TR games over the years and while this one looked promising without being able to play it and see myself I didn't want to buy it and then find it's shite - and usually no demo equals shite.

Had this delivered from Lovefilm so I'll give it some playing time this weekend. Never been a huge fan of TR games, they're alright but not worth the hype so it'll be interesting to see how this goes.

I've just got back from posting my copy back to lovefilm. It was an alright game but the camera and twitchy controls really pissed me off at times. You'll have to jump forwards but because you're off by a tiny amount she jumps miles off the the side, there's no auto correction in the jumping like in assassins creed or uncharted or infamous.

The other pain in the arse is the huge open areas and the constant feeling that you have no idea where you should go or what to do next. Even if you use the in game hints at times you'll get told 'I have to get back outside" but that doesn't help you at all when you're stuck in a room with tons of climbable things and no clear exit.

Im playing this at the moment and like it.

The thing I dont like is the hint system, it makes things too easy.

I was recommended this but it's going to take me ages to complete, the thing Rad talks about is the most annoying thing ever (jump over there please Lara, and then we'll ... oh you jumped off in the opposite direction and killed yourself ... okay perhaps I wasn't being very accurate, this time I'll do it earlier and ... no, you've killed yourself again, well why don't you stay dead you stupid bitch because you're not much use are you). And not only that but I must be thick, it takes me ten minutes to figure each bit out.

Gonna send this one back I think. Controls are crap, feels like I'm fighting with Lara to get her to do what I want, even basic jumps. The camera is awful and at times it'll zoom right into the back of her head and you can't see shit around, and it just feels like a bit of a chore to play.

Uncharted is MILES better.

Next.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't mind PoP really. Got stuck quite early on but I enjoyed that far more than I did this.

I hated having to get the light seeds to move on to the next levels, forcing you to re-do parts over and over again. Not to mention the horrible battle mechanics, mashing buttons and getting absolutely no response as the enemy would always beat you to it. The poor camera was just the icing on the cake.

I was recommended this but it's going to take me ages to complete, the thing Rad talks about is the most annoying thing ever (jump over there please Lara, and then we'll ... oh you jumped off in the opposite direction and killed yourself ... okay perhaps I wasn't being very accurate, this time I'll do it earlier and ... no, you've killed yourself again, well why don't you stay dead you stupid bitch because you're not much use are you). And not only that but I must be thick, it takes me ten minutes to figure each bit out.

This made me laugh out loud.

I quite enjoyed Underworld. It seemed ok to control to me, on the PS3 anyway.

Puzzles ok to solve, not too expansive or open envoiroments so I was wondering around, struggling to find out what to do or where to go next.

I found Uncharted too heavy with gunfire, I spent most of the 1st few levels feeling like I was playing a shoot em up then just stopped playing as I felt the targetting system was poor and if I wanted a shoot em up, I'd have bought Call of Duty.

Back
Top Bottom