Tomb Raider 2 (201x)

bsmaff

International
11 August 2003
Hertfordshire
Exeter City
Square Enix has announced the sequel to probably the best game I have played this year and one of the best of this generation.
Good news as well it is being made for next gen consoles and PC.

A next-generation sequel to Crystal Dynamics' Tomb Raider is currently in development, Square Enix has announced.

The publisher's US and Europe chief executive, Phil Rogers, has published a notice online to explain that a successor to the acclaimed Tomb Raider game is "well in development".

It was a nicely done adventure game, and the best Lara Croft in decades, so a sequel is indeed a good (and quite obvious) decision.

Awesome, along with The Last of Us, this was one of my favourite games this year and maybe of the entire console generation. Can't wait for a new game on next gen hardware as long as they keep the same style/tone.

Still haven't had time to play the original. But if the sequel is as far off as the first one was when it was announced, I should manage that.

You'd manage it over a weekend so unless it's out on Monday I wouldn't worry about it.
Ah yeah, today's games... :)

BTW, here's the whole statement:
Square Enix have confirmed a new Tomb Raider game is in development. CEO for Square Enix in the Americas and Europe Phil Rogers said on the official Square Enix blog: "I am also excited to reveal that we are well into development on a next-generation Tomb Raider sequel - something you may have heard about recently."

Crystal Dynamics's Darrell Gallagher expands further: "You may have read today that a next-generation sequel to Tomb Raider is in the works. We're very excited to confirm that the team has started working on telling the next chapter in Lara's tale.

"It's still early days, so I'm afraid I can't provide any further details for now save my assurance that we're not resting on our laurels and acclaim from Tomb Raider's recent successes, but working hard to raise the bar even higher and re-affirm the faith you've shown."
So it's probably gonna be next-gen consoles and PC only and no X360 and PS3 then. Guess that shouldn't be a problem though because it isn't coming earlier than 2015 (at least that's what I think and it makes sense actually).

Just finished the first, erm, reboot. It was okay - did a lot of things excellently but was all a bit linear for me.

And there was far, FAR too much shooting. Tomb Raider should be about exploration and puzzles, and whipping out guns when survival is at stake. Lara is not a f*cking super soldier.

Back
Top Bottom