Thoughts on the new patch?

The latest patch has.......

• Fixed the game entirely, it's now completely perfect.

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Fixed the serious issues so the game is playable now.

Votes: 16 55.2%
  • Not fixed the game enough.

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Fixed nothing, the game is broken beyond repair.

Votes: 4 13.8%

• Total voters

pj_puttz

League 1
13 October 2006
Glasgow
Rangers
So what are everyone's thoughts on the new patch then?

What has been fixed and what, if anything, is still broken? I haven't had a chance to try it myself yet and I'm wondering what other people's first impressions are.

Cheers.

Personally im enjoying the game much more after patch 1.02.
Passing feels tweaked slightly, I play on 0 assistance, and passing feels more zippier and fluid.
GK's also seem alot better, palming shots away behind the goal and oput of danger, coming out to catch more balls or punch them and generally better aware of their surroundings.
The game also feels a tad harder, maybe due to better CPU AI.

Really good so far.

Cheers mate!

It sounds promising! I'm not expecting miracles because the game is too far gone for it to be a classic in my opinion but if it's half decently playable at least I'll have a footy game worth playing for the next 12 months.

Passing has improved, shooting looks the same but overall the games feels better. CPU still has it's demigod moments from time to time. One thing I know is going to be exploited online or offline is corner-kicks and right analog positioning.

I'm playing with Default ML players and Ribeiro, the tallest guy in my team (nearly 2 metres) scores over 50% of the time from corners when I put him inside the 6 yard box, closer to the near post.

I'm playing with Default ML players and Ribeiro, the tallest guy in my team (nearly 2 metres) scores over 50% of the time from corners when I put him inside the 6 yard box, closer to the near post.

Really?!

That has been an issue in most versions on PES over the years, I thought they had actually sorted that BEFORE the latest patch!

Crossing and taking corners always feels pretty random to me. Definitely part of the problem of feeling detached from the action when playing PES.

I've added a poll to the thread now.

FWIW my impressions so far on the PC, as posted elsewhere:

My honest (and obviously totally subjective) thoughts about the 1.2 patch. PC -1 speed, Top Player, Zero passing assist.

I'm finding player individuality is more pronounced, however it is far too easy to score now if you have a decent striker.
To me it feels as if Konami caved under the pressure of complaints about the 'broken' shooting system and have just simplified it. I was just getting to grips with the 'broken' system and I was liking it. It feels a lot more 'assisted' now.

Players feel more responsive, but as a result it's a bit too easy to wiggle past anyone with a good dribbler.

Keepers: Definitely they have improved in 1-on-1 situations - they don't auto-rush the ball now, tend to stay on the line until called, but once committed they're still very prone to being chipped.

Goalie reaction times seem to be still luck-of-the-draw - even top keepers have too many terrible games, but when they're good they are acceptable.

CPU opponents definitely play a more open game, and my players are moving forward as they are supposed to. I'm scoring more as a result. CPU seems more prone to mistakes, conceding fouls, and still frequently hoof the ball forward without any real intent. The scripted last-minute CPU comebacks are laughably obvious.

To me, ball physics feels changed - I'm seeing plenty of floaty through balls and crosses a-la-2011 which, again, to a good striker are no problem to tuck away. Not necessarily a complaint, except this makes an even bigger joke of online against assisted players.

I don't feel the overall pace has slowed at all - obviously this can be changed offline (I'm on -1 unassisted) but online is still pinball. I dunno if this patch was supposed to remedy oinline issues, or if that is to be dealt with in a seperate server patch, or if at all!

Also, I haven't noticed any changes to the team strategy screens. What am I missing?

So far: loving the outfield play, but finding the shooting too automated, which could become tedious. Online unplayable with strangers.

Really?!

That has been an issue in most versions on PES over the years, I thought they had actually sorted that BEFORE the latest patch!

Crossing and taking corners always feels pretty random to me. Definitely part of the problem of feeling detached from the action when playing PES.

I've added a poll to the thread now.

My success rate in those kind of situations has sky-rocketed. I cant check the numbers now but I believe he scored at least five since the patch update, all from corners or set-pieces.

My success rate in those kind of situations has sky-rocketed. I cant check the numbers now but I believe he scored at least five since the patch update, all from corners or set-pieces.

I remember this being a popular spam goal to score in previous PES games but I thought they had cut it down in recent versions.

Looks like I'll be looking for a big centre forward to sign in my Master League then! :P

Back
Top Bottom