1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

The Warrior's PS2

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by JimJoeC, 19 October 2005.

1. JimJoeC

JimJoeC Custom User Title

26 June 2002
    Southampton, England
    Saints
    The Warrior's is due for release this Friday (21st) in the UK.

Love the film and this could be another classic from R*.

It's set before, during and after the film and has been receiving pretty decent reviews so far. It's basicaly a mix of Manhunt and GTA and for me that's one of the best mixes you could have.

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/919172.asp

It's got an average of 84.9% and they only thing the reviewers are complaining about is the graphics.

It's out at the same time as Pro though and I don't normaly buy two games at the same time as one get's neglected however in this instance I think I'll be forced to score them both!

Anyone else getting it?

2. Milanista

Milanista Mangiamoli! Staff

19 December 2002
    London & Milan
    AC Milan
    Its not like GTA had great graphics!

3. JimJoeC

26 June 2002
    Southampton, England
    Saints
    It's all about the gameplay, I used to have a speccy 48k so I never dismiss a game because of bad graphics.

4. babs

babs Guest

As it's probably my favourite film ever, I'll certainly be picking this up come Friday :)

This is a pricey week, this, Quake 4, Buzz The Music Quiz and possibly PES5 :(

5. JimJoeC

26 June 2002
    Southampton, England
    Saints
    I know mine are RES4, Pro, Taito legends and this, it's going to be costly but well worth it.

6. yuyazan

yuyazan An ugly Jap

4 October 2004
    Osaka, Japan
    All clubs make me fun
    i get n play now.

so easy that dull...
    graphics isnt bad.

7. Carl

Carl Ban Master Staff

27 December 2001
    N.I.
    West Ham United FC
    Can't wait till Yuyazan gives us his PES5 review ;)

8. babs

babs Guest

It's not easy if you ramp the difficulty level up, the game is excellent, does the film justice.

9. yuyazan

yuyazan An ugly Jap

4 October 2004
    Osaka, Japan
    All clubs make me fun
    yep, youre right.
    my last post was written when i played for few hours.
    this is great game.

10. JimJoeC

26 June 2002
    Southampton, England
    Saints
    Raelly getting into this game now, it's a little ragged at first but then you get used to the control mechanism and it gets a lot better.

Especially liked the riot level! Mayhem aplenty!!

Didn't like having to run from the baseball fury's though. I'm sure revenge will be mine!

11. jambotommy

jambotommy Praying for the miracle..

7 August 2004
    Narnia
    Hearts
    I used to have nightmares about the baseball fury's,total psycho's,lol.

12. ClassicD

ClassicD Galáctico

11 November 2001
    Glasgow
    Celtic
    Is it true there's a section you fight a gang called the 'Savage Huns' and you have to run through their turf with t-shirts emblazoned with 'FUCK THE HUNS' on the front?

I know Rockstar have put subtle pro-Celtic quips in their games before but that's just blatant. :lol:

13. JimJoeC

26 June 2002
    Southampton, England
    Saints
    Lol, not come to that bit yet but I hope it is true!

This game is so great even my bird likes to play it! The best part is double teaming someone and while your mate holds them you administer a swift knee where it does the most good!

It's stopping me playing Pro it's that good.

14. yuyazan

yuyazan An ugly Jap

4 October 2004
    Osaka, Japan
    All clubs make me fun
    btw, is there cheat code like hot coffee for gta?

15. jogi

jogi Little Thoughts

4 August 2003
    Reykjavík
    Yes, you need to find the leader of the Orphans and mug him. Then you get a phone number of a girl. Press :x:, :square:, :triangle: and :circle: and then your character will go to a payphone and then to her house.

16. munkee

munkee Guest

Flashback called "Scouts honor" where you Have to Wreck China town as Fox wearing the t-shirt "Fuck U Huns". Think the T-shirt is up in the den on the wall. :D

17. yuyazan

yuyazan An ugly Jap

4 October 2004
    Osaka, Japan
    All clubs make me fun
    thx\\:o/

18. JimJoeC

26 June 2002
    Southampton, England
    Saints

I believe jogi is having a grin.

19. jogi

jogi Little Thoughts

4 August 2003
    Reykjavík
    Yeah, I was joking sorry. I just thought it was obvious having something like Hot Coffee in any of their games would be the last thing they would do.

20. ghazi

ghazi Guest

What is this hot coffee reference? Are you talking about getting laid in the game?

21. studeep

studeep ManUnited academy

29 June 2005
    Uk
    Manchester United
    *clears throat* yes*clears throat*............:-\" ;-)

22. JayM

JayM International

17 April 2004
    North Yorkshire
    Celtic
    Might get this game now, that convinced me.:lol:

23. studeep

29 June 2005
    Uk
    Manchester United
    "that it was made by rockstar" convinced me and i just think i might not be disappointed..... getting it t'mowz.. ;)

24. JimJoeC

26 June 2002
    Southampton, England
    Saints
    Trust me, this game is excellent. It get's better and better the more you play it. Some of the grapple super moves you can do are sickeningly brilliant!

Slamming people into the ground then leaping two footed onto their backs!!! Have it!

Ajax is by far the best "I'll shove that baton up your arse and turn you into a popsicle!!!" Genius.

There are lots of other modes too it as well, battle royal is the best. You have to chuck all the opposing gang off a rooftop! It's quality.

25. studeep

29 June 2005
    Uk
    Manchester United
    got it!!! now it's time to play till i can play no more!!! but first.... *calls in college "won't be in for abt 2 weeks got a flu"* ahhhh!! no disturbances :)..........

26. studeep

29 June 2005
    Uk
    Manchester United
    as you progress in this game it just gets better and better :shock: coz then you know what moves to use in what situation and all....... little tip if youre having problems intiating the power moves (where u have to press:square: +:x: and then :x: :x: :x: .. an easier way of doing that is when you grab some1, hold :x: with the lower part of your thumb and then while holding :x: press:square: twice and then tap :x: :x: :x: as well.... it works for me perfectly so why not try it ;)

27. Milanista

Milanista Mangiamoli! Staff

19 December 2002
    London & Milan
    AC Milan
    Need to know if this is really worth getting. I loved the movie aswell.

Is it one of those games that makes you go 'wow its good' and then never play it again? or does it get you to finish it?

28. JimJoeC

26 June 2002
    Southampton, England
    Saints

Well I've recently completed it and am going to play it again on the harder difficulty level.

The levels where you play through the film are worth it alone. The combat system has quite a bit of depth to it.

I would defo get it if I were you.

29. jogi

jogi Little Thoughts

4 August 2003
    Reykjavík
    Yep, this game is a lot of fun, especially if you like the film. Definitely worth it.

Last edited: 10 November 2005