The Upcoming Movies Thread

Wow...Rocky Balboa looks good...thats what they are calling this movie,not Rocky 6...It'll probably eclipse all the other sequels after Rocky 3.

Dermot said:
What is Samuel L Jackson doing??????????????

SNAKES ON A PLANE???????

OH MY GOD, WHAT IS THE WORLD COMING TO?????? JUST WATCH THE TRAILER, YOU'LL SEE WHAT I MEAN.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWOCJaFtKoY
Dermot, out of all people I would think you would actually enjoy this.

I'm actually looking foward to this. If they still had that tv show Mystery Theater 3000 (is that what it was called?) this movie would be perfect for it!

Also two great looking movies coming up:
The Prestige
Big fan of Christopher Nolan's work. Bale and Jackman look great in it.

Miami Vice
Looks like a good action flick.

Last edited:
I haven't heard much about Snakes o na Plane but I think you might be missing the whole irony of it, Dermot. Apparently, Jackson has his contract stipulate that if the name of the film would change he would back out.

Who's seen Superman Returns? I will, tomorrow. I've not read any reviews and can't be fussed with them anyhow.

I also hope I get a chance to see a Scanner Darkly soon. Linklater is one of my favourite directors for a reason.

Last edited:
the_thing said:
The Departed should be coming out sumtime this year. its a remake of one of my favourite movies, Infernal Affairs. its being directed by Martin Scorsese.

cast: Leonardo Dicaprio, matt damon, Jack Nicholson, Martin Sheen, Mark Wahlberg, Alec Baldwin.

Plot: Two men from opposite sides of the law are undercover within the Boston State Police department and the Irish mafia, but violence and bloodshed boil when discoveries are made, and the moles are dispatched to find out their enemy's identities.

hopefully it turns out good.
trailer for the departed
http://playlist.yahoo.com/makeplaylist.dll?id=1451528&sdm=web&qtw=640&qth=400

I heard that there is some kind of hidden agenda with this Snakes On A Plane film...Samuel L.Jackson is trying to spread some sort of message here and I havent got a clue.He said it himself,that this film will definitely win the Best Film award at the MTV Movie awards and if any party decides to change the title of the film during the filming,he will quit the movie.Do You Smell Fish?

Cant believe theyre making a cheap sequel of this. 28 Months later- after the UK has been drained, the Americans come in to 'reboot' it.

28 days later was a good movie, and should end the way it did with the alternate twist endings.

Anybody know when "Pirates of the Carribean 3: At World's End" will premier? I heard its this december as the producers didnt want fans to have to wait too long for the conclusion of the trilogy?

Dermot said:
What is Samuel L Jackson doing??????????????

SNAKES ON A PLANE???????

OH MY GOD, WHAT IS THE WORLD COMING TO?????? JUST WATCH THE TRAILER, YOU'LL SEE WHAT I MEAN.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWOCJaFtKoY

I just noticed the trailer on UK TV, I am pissing my self with laughter. What a bad idea for a film. Anyone up for helping me write a follow up, Snakes on a Train, Im sure its a solid idea. ;)

Last edited:
Oh boy, I LOVED it. All the theatre was crazyyyyyyy ! Bring all your friends, and enjoy the experience !!! :mrgreen:
I'm sure it's going to be a classic because that's a true popcorn movie \\:o/.

Saw Miami Vice yesterday. Decent, but nothing extraordinaire. :p
but the lat action sequence is fantastic. Michael Mann of course would not disapoint in that department.

Milanista said:
Its shit. Dont watch it. Stay away.

I don' think you realize that this film cannot fail. If it's shit, it's still amazing. If it's amazing, then well it's amazing.

Back
Top Bottom