The Roda JC Challenge

pmuetze

Lord of low teams
5 June 2006
RKC Waalwijk
200px-Roda_JC_Kerkrade.svg.png

The Roda JC Challenge

Description

• Play ranked online matches against randomers.
  • Select Roda JC Kerkrade (from Dutch League) as your team.
  • Let your opponent pick whatever he wants.
  • Try to give him the hell of a beating!
  • Report your results here.

Be prepared for playing vs. Barca, Real or any other Top team most of the time. Also be prepared for loosing a lot. But there is no better feeling then winning vs. one of those Barca whores and being called a cheater afterwards :)
Feel free to participate in the Roda JC Challenge. I'll keep stats for the longest winning streak.

Longest winning streak:

pmuetze - 1

My yesterdays Roda JC adventure:

Master League Team 3 : 0 Roda JC

I entered a Div1 players (around 640 points) room, picked Roda JC within seconds. He choosed to play with his ML wonder team, full of Ronaldos, Arshavins and the likes. I played very well in the first 30 Minutes. Had a big chance for taking the lead, but missed. Then tings started going down. He was quite a decent player. At the end there was a 0:3 defeat, but only 1 ranking point lost. :)

Master League Team 2 : 1 Roda JC

Played the same guy again. He had choosen to play with his ML team again. Well, quite fair, boy! I've changed my tactics and things started very well. I went up 1:0 with a lucky hurly-burly goal from inside the box. Played very well. But he managed to score the equalizer just before half time. 2nd half began very well. Had the chance to take the again, but missed the open goal after a counter attack. 10 minutes to go, C.Ronaldo time, cracking shot, boom. 2:1 down. End.

Werder Bremen 0 : 1 Roda JC

Yes! First victory! Played some Div5 guy. Halftime result: 0:0. After changing formation in 2nd half things started to flow. Should have scored much more goals in this one, but he was a lucky one. I've hit the Bar 3 times in a row. Went up 1:0 from some nice passing in the midfield.

Argentina - : - Roda JC
Result after 30 minutes was 2:0, but then the connection was lost. Don't know what happend, nobody got any points, so i'm not counting this one.

So my current winning streak is: 1 :)
I'll try to continue the streak this evening.

Hmmmmmmnnnn.......

You sound just like our type of guy.

Click here bud, and you'll soon be around like-minded people who play fair and with low-level teams. :)

http://www.proevoeliteleagues.co.uk/main/

Looks quite nice, but i don't have the time to play PES regularly. My wife and daughter are keeping me quite busy. I think that i couldnt get my games done in time. But thanks for the invitation mate.

Well you could always sign-up, not participate in the leagues, but play in the Tournaments or just friendlies against people. Either way, if you fancy playing some of our members, go to Lobby 08-03. We all play in there, and just say Jimmy sent you. You'll love it. ;)

Sounds like if I could find some guys choosing fair teams against my Roda JC side over there. :) Maybe i'll come over for a few games tonight.

What about you? Wanna participate in the god-given Roda JC mission?

I'll give this a go later on today and will report back on how I do. :)

Great mate! I'm looking forward for your results. Be prepared for some tough fights! I bet your first opponent will pick barca as his team. :)

Sounds like if I could find some guys choosing fair teams against my Roda JC side over there. :) Maybe i'll come over for a few games tonight.

What about you? Wanna participate in the god-given Roda JC mission?

I cant bring myself to play against these online idiots bud, I have limited time to play online, so when I do, I prefer to play against people from Evo-Web or PEEL. At least I know I'm going to get a game I'll enjoy 100%. Without cheating and glitches.

I'm sure when you play the people from PEEL with your Roda team, you'll feel exactly the same. :)

I cant bring myself to play against these online idiots bud, I have limited time to play online, so when I do, I prefer to play against people from Evo-Web or PEEL. At least I know I'm going to get a game I'll enjoy 100%. Without cheating and glitches.

I'm sure when you play the people from PEEL with your Roda team, you'll feel exactly the same. :)

I agree with you, but playing random idiots can also be a lot of fun :) The last time when I had plenty of time playing PES was 2009. Boy, i had so much fun beeing on my Roda JC mission. It was such a pleasure beating all those ManU sides. :) Well, from times to times at least.

Great thread mate, I rarely play vs. lobby 1/random match whores but I do believe you'll enjoy playing in our lobby with Roda. I'm with Jimmy on this one bud.

I hope you don't mind, made a room in there under the name Isslander. I'm not sure I can play in Peel since I live outside the UK but am hoping for some friendly games.

You still there Isslander? I'm going online in a sec and I'll give you a game if Jim's not about (you too, pmuetze).

Currently doing a similar thing using englands lesser clubs (eg Blackpool, West Ham, Stoke) and the good ol' random button as my clubs so far its been:
Me ?-? Oppenent
Blackpool 0-0 Real Madrid
West Ham United 3-3 Barcelona
Israel 0-2 Barcelona
Ireland 2-1 Barcelona
Athletic Club 0-0 Manchester City
Sporting Lisbon 1-3 Inter Milan (cut back pass EVERY one of his goals)
U.C Sampdoria 5-2 Barcelona (counter attack masterclass by UC)
Mali 2-0 Barcelona

Tea break so some more results to come later..
I must admit however, I would never be able to find Mali on a map but the footballing masterclass they gave me well.. I must insist everyone try them at some point :)

i know i said i would post more results, but i cant find the strength to type "barcelona" another one thousand times!

i play with whoeer pes gives me, and play well just for a barca whore to go on a run with messi and scores, almost everytime where are the fair players :/ most wait for me to pick my team, then choose barca or madrid! dissapointmen

Great stuff guys :) Love these threads.

Here's one of mine;
IMG_20110718_141310.jpg

I've done the same with sides such as Japan, Ivory Coast, Wales and Scotland, but that one above was the pick of the bunch IMO :P.

I mainly use PSG against the Real/Barca etc. sometimes using Sunderland, Fiorentina, Atletico etc. - I know these sides aren't weak, but it's still satisfying to win against the stronger sides with them.

I still remember Iran being my team of choice on PES6, not sure why, but Ali Daei was great! Stuttgart were my FIFA 10 team, PSG are my PES 2011 team. Who's it going to be in 2012? My guess is PSG again or Malaga :P.

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL Rob. Well in FIFA 10 World Cup I always played with Kazakhstan trying to get the achievement for a half star or 1 star team. I lost to Spain 6-4 and I was playing full manual...and I was up 4-3 at one point!

I dont know where you guys find the strength to play random people online, its one of the most monotonus experiences ever. You could train chimps to play the same way as 99% of the people I encounter.
I really hope the AI in 2012 will force people to take a different approach, I do fear though that it will just facilitate the playing style.

Last edited:
A lot of morons on there who don't play football but there's the occasional diamond in the rough that gives you a challenge superior to playing vs the AI. Few and far between unfortunately.

I dont think it fair to call them morons mate, they have just found a winning formula and stick to it.
It does really annoy me though that I can play a MLO D1 guy with a team full of 90+ players, with my team of players around 60 - 70 and have around 70% possession and totally outplay him, only to loose 4 - 0 because when I get to the final third it is impossible to avoid the constant pressure, he nicks the ball plays a through ball or two and scores every time :RANT:.
It does make me laugh though when they get annoyed with my possession game and try to emulate it to frustrate me, they cant string more than 3 or 4 passes together before they lose possession, this is with top players aswel :LMAO:.

Last edited:
They are morons, for playing that way. It isn't all about winning. You can have a rare good game against a decent player and lose but still feel happy to have had a good game. I played a guy last night who had Cech, Cronaldo, Alonso, Lampard, Drogba, and i had default team and it was 0-0. All he did was sprint on to through balls.Ass bandit still couldn't score. MORONS!

I played someone last night, he picked Juventus and I went for random which gave me Barca, then Real Madrid and finally Sampdoria (even with random I refuse to use them two)
I could tell from his formation he was an ass..
In the 23rd minute he fouled me on edge of his box and got a red card, fair enough 31st minute I put a long free-kick into the box and his obviously messed up defence couldn't cope, De Ceglie ended up knocking the ball past Buffon who reacted by slide tackling the ball into the net..
At half time he sent me several messages mainly calling a "motherf***er" or "lucky c**t" before sending a more civil one saying "you're goal was so sh*t you shouldn't be winning" too which I replied "the goal was shit I know, but you're the one who scored it, thank you for that one!"
He was obviously annoyed because his tactics of deep defence, launch to wings and cut back or low cross wasn't working due to the fact I had a normal formation and was defending normally and after all dominating possesion etc..
After my reply he promptly quit the match.. I feel continously letdown.. So I have decided to take my favourite team online, Manchester United, and instead of looking to just beat the Barca whores with random teams, get a better satisfaction by tearing their bollocks off with United..

this guy had: goal keeper, right and left back sat deep, either side of the box, then 3 defensive midfielders sat as far back as they could go, then his two wing forwards and his three strikers..
so kinda a 2-3-5.. but after melo got sent off, he witched it so he had 2 centre-backs sat wither side of buffon (not literally, but so deep!)and one of the strikers dropped to AMF.. so it was kind of a 4-1-4 except 1/3 of the pitch empty, and the defense basically useless because they were so deep!

this guy had: goal keeper, right and left back sat deep, either side of the box, then 3 defensive midfielders sat as far back as they could go, then his two wing forwards and his three strikers..
so kinda a 2-3-5..

:LMAO: you gotta love it, where do they get the ideas from? Genius!

I wish they had an option for playing with default teams and formations so people couldn't make these non realistic formations. I play my mate in FIFA and he uses 4 strikers and tells me it's real LOL

Ouch PES2012 Barca whores will already be dreaming of the ultimate cut back dreams with Fabregas and sanchez joining!

guarenteed to see:
---------------Valdez
Alves---Puyol-----Pique------Maxwell(if he keeps his high attacking stats)
(consdierably high gap)
-------------Xavi
----Fabregas-----Iniesta
(then another considerably large gap)
Sanchez-----Villa-----Messi

Barca gunna dominate!

Back
Top Bottom