The Official London Olympics 2012 Game PS3

Jimmy G-Force

Resident PES Fanman
13 April 2003
Newcastle
Middlesbrough F.C.
Ok, so I don't mind admitting I'm a sucker for a bit of old school track and field action. I buy these games religiously every 4 years, with Athens 2004 and Beijing 2008 still holding fond 4-Player offline memories.

Just wondered if there is anyone else out who likes a bit of this type of carry-on ?

I must admit, I've been very pleasantly suprised with the London 2012 game, it's easily the best Olympic game I've ever played, with more focus now on pure technique as opposed to brutal button-mashing. Even the sprinting events require perfect timing and technique. The Kayak event is one of my favourites, which is strange, as I've never liked that particular event on other versions. The field events are all very good, and unlike the previous games, require a lot more technique to attain decent scores. I also felt on the other releases, that once you had it mastered then that was it. This is different, and consistency is much harder to achieve, as are the World Records.

As far as offline 4-Player action goes, it doesn't really get much better than this for myself and my mates. Love it.

Last edited:
:LOL: Classic there Bobster!

Back on topic, I picked up this game today and played it for about 30 minutes earlier, me and the missus and we had a blast! We won the bronze medal on team archery!

I agree it's now more about technique and finesse than button mashing. Very enjoyable, and very well thought out control schemes, for example, pulling back the right stick to draw an arrow and then releasing it to fire just feels so right.

Always had an Olympic game whichever console i've had, can't beat a good 4 player Olympic battle

Had this a couple of weeks and its a very good game, most events are good fun to play and with no more button mashing there is more skill to it so its a more even playing field when your playing multiplayer

BTW Nobody could beat me at Archery, always been good at that and button mashing sprint's ;)

Last edited:
Cool, watched some vids last night and does look good yea! Had some vouchers etc for Green Man Gaming, so just downloading it now for PC for £14 :)

:LOL: Classic there Bobster!

Back on topic, I picked up this game today and played it for about 30 minutes earlier, me and the missus and we had a blast! We won the bronze medal on team archery!

I agree it's now more about technique and finesse than button mashing. Very enjoyable, and very well thought out control schemes, for example, pulling back the right stick to draw an arrow and then releasing it to fire just feels so right.

So true.

The swimming events use a brilliant system to replicate the movements of the swimmers arms with the sticks, and the Kayak feels great on the fast water. The water looks truly jaw-dropping as well.

I've brought the kids sock back out for events such as the Weightlifting that requires a good old fashioned button-mash. You just can't beat the old trainer sock for that. :)

I also quite like the diving events as well. I'm not usually a fan of the button-follow-press type events, but the option to level up your dive at the end somehow makes this work for me.

The Archery is brilliant, always one of my favourites, although I feel that the Pistol Shooting is probably the worst event on the game for me.

My fastest 100m time is still 9.76, although my son has a 9.33. :CONFUSE:

I did hit 99.82 on the Javelin though, it was a monster !!!

Last edited:
How well does it work with Kinect Timbo?

I've not tried the Move yet (Don't own an Xbox anymore) but I'm keen to give it a blast with the 3D Mode switched on as well. Fingers crossed the Javelin doesn't embed itself in my sofa...... :CONFUSE:

Definitely worth a purchase Jay, superb game. Nothing funnier with the lads than watching someone collapse on the Weightlifiting or belly-flop on the Diving. :)

Yea its really good - been playing it all morning on PC now and its really well done. Bit easy at the mo, but when HARD is unlocked it might be better, plus always got online (got silver in online skeet earlier).

i am trying to play this on pc but somehow it wont recognize my controller im using the ps3 controller on pc via motionjoy (windows 7 ) any of you had problems?

Back
Top Bottom