The McCann saga....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think a lot of people who posted about this when I had a rant in the MADELEINE PART OF THE RANDOM CRAP THREAD suspected it, as I did.

For a start, they're stupid enough to leave their four-year-old daughter on her own while they go out to stuff their faces. Then, they have claimed to the Portuguese police that they went back to check on her "every thirty minutes", which is just the kind of bollocks you come out with when you're faced by an authority figure ("I don't know how the parrot got out dad, I came downstairs to check on him every ten minutes, honest"). No way. you'd either be responsible enough to look after her properly, or you'd leave her on her own for the night. You wouldn't do a halfway-house.

Thirdly, when they spoke about their daughter going missing, they seemed almost happy about it - saying "we just hope whoever's taken her wanted a daughter of their own". Sorry, but if my daughter was missing, I would be going fucking crazy.

And finally, because of their complete lack of responsibility, it will always be their fault that she's been abducted/killed anyway.

Last edited:
And finally, because of their complete lack of responsibility, it will always be their fault that she's been abducted/killed anyway.

That my good friend is complete bullshit....
You clearly don't have kids yourself...
Kids are wonderful, the biggest present in the world for 99,99% of the time...but sometimes they can drive you mad.
I will commit myself in the discussion if is guilty or not...time will tell.
But if she's guilty i'm pretty sure it was an accident.
Since having my son (which i adore completely) i can understand nowwhy sometimes parents can "do accidents"...
My son is allergic to all kinds of food. But it takes two years before doctors can do conclusive test for food allergies. It took 18 months before the doctors had a clue whatwas wrong with Thomas (my son not the French one on this forum) and even then they were not sure.
My son was what we call in Dutch "een huilbaby", literally translated "a cry baby" (i don't know the appropriate word in English). i can describe though: he just kept on crying for hours and hours (i remember days when he cried almost continuously for 11 hours in arow...). My wife and i were exhausted and on the verge of a nervous breakdown. I think we went to see dozens of specialized doctors. Several doctors concluded that our baby wasspoiled and that we just should let him cry...
I don't defend people who are violent towards kids, i think they ate totally wrong, but i sure as hell have a clue now that it is possible that they become violent.

And what i described aren't accidents. My son was also hyper-active when he was a baby (he's still pretty active now that he's 4 yours old, but now we can talk and reason with him). When he was 11 months old (he could not walk, but he crawled and climbed) my wife was alone with him and our (then) four year old daughter. Whilemy wife was occupied with my daughter, Thomas climbed on thetable, fell from it and fell ond his head...he was pretty badly injured...my wife stayed calm and immediately took him to the emergency services...he had to stay in hospital for 6 weeks but in the end all went well...My wife could have panicked and who knows what would have happened then....maybe something similar happened in Portugal...the parents panicked and covered up...if this is true i feel sympathy for them...not that they are blameless...but afterwards it all seems easy.

You're right, I don't have kids, but I have nieces and nephews and if any accident ever happened I would be the first to run for help, which I have several times. I wouldn't cover anything up, it takes a certain kind of person to do that, and I most certainly wouldn't leave any child under a certain age unsupervised while I go out for a bite to fucking eat!!!

I'm sorry, I know parents can make mistakes, but that is more than a mistake, that is complete and utter irresponsibility. We'll have to agree to disagree Gerd, but thanks for calling my opinion bullshit, friend.

That my good friend is complete bullshit....
You clearly don't have kids yourself...

exactly what i thought when i read his first post.

why would they have done one or the other? i just took my 4-year-old on holiday and i can tell you now, i didn't have my 100% attention on him for the entire 7 days. it isn't possible to traipse 10ft behind your kids, keeping an eye on them 24/7. and that is a fact.

having one kid on holiday is a complete handful - so it must be an awful lot harder having to be responsible for 3. i let ben wander around the complex with his friends but i made sure i checked on him regularly - i was hardly not going to. i always tended to have one ear listening out for him. you need a little time by yourself otherwise you would go mad. obviously, with hindsight, she made a mistake leaving the little girl alone, but i'd bet anything that it's done day in, day out in places like that without a second's thought. it's not like they went out clubbing - they were only a few metres away having dinner.

regarding the manslaughter charge, i personally think there is no way in a million years that they killed their daughter (although, at this point, i will admit that the presence of the child's blood in a hire car 5 weeks later will be a tad difficult to explain). let's just say that if she did die 'accidentally', no sane, educated, normally-functioning parent would try to cover it up! you would be screaming from the heaven's in hysterics and defintely not hatching plans to try and hide the body...

Last edited:
How the fuck do you kill a kid by accident? Oh sorry i accidently gave it a lethal injection and we burried the body. I dont know what is going on with this case but something aint right.

it isn't possible to trapse 10ft behind your kids, keeping an eye on them 24/7. and that is a fact.
There's a difference between trapsing 10ft behind your child 24/7, and leaving them on their own, with no adult, while you go out for a meal, that could last for hours. That's irresponsible, and potentially leathal. You either find some kind of childcare, you take the kids with you, or you dump them with a relative while you go on holiday. No, I'm not a parent, which I realise must be an incredibly hard and largely thankless job, but I would never fucking do what they've done. I'm insulted at the suggestion. I know plenty of parents, of several-child families, who feel the exact same way as I do about them, who would never do that. Especially when it was for something like going to have a meal, not even in an absolute emergency.

I'm sorry, but how stupid have you got to be, to go to a foreign country, where you have no knowledge of (neither the country as a whole nor the area where you're staying), go for a meal and leave all of your children in a hotel that you've never been to before, on their own, for potentially hours? What if one of them had got scissors out of a bag and started stabbing everybody?

It wasn't for five minutes, it could have been for up to two hours. Kids get bored and start looking for things. What kind of parent are you if you're fucking off for an hour or two and leaving no KIND of protection bar a locked door? There is a difference between stalking your child and leaving them with no adults, for a prolonged period of time, at the ages of four and UNDER. They could have banged their head and choked to death on their tongue for fuck's sake - perhaps they did, and it's entirely their fault.

If you're sitting in a chair at home and they do it in-front of you, it's an accident. If you go to the toilet and it happens, it's an accident. If you're out of the house for up to two hours and it happens, it's your fault. Sorry, but any kind of sympathy they get, I find totally out of order. But you're entitled to your own opinion of them.

if she did die 'accidentally', no sane, educated, normally-functioning parent would try to cover it up! you would be screaming from the heaven's in hysterics and defintely not hatching plans to try and hide the body...
Which is exactly what I said. "No sane, educating, normally functioning parent" might not cover the McCanns - just because they've been in the news for three months, does that mean we know them? They could be fucking loonies. One of them could have taken drugs and thought Madeleine was the devil, it could be one of a million reasons. You'd have to be, in my mind, evil to cover it up. But you don't know these people more than you know someone on this forum.

The stuff about blood being in the car 25 days after the disappearance is coming from several sources, so there's obviously something going on. I would have expected one of them to say "oh I remember, she cut herself on the seatbelt, and the blood dropped on the floor!! DUR!! I'm so forgetful!!"

Last edited:
How the fuck do you kill a kid by accident? Oh sorry i accidently gave it a lethal injection and we burried the body. I dont know what is going on with this case but something aint right.

exactly.

how do you kill a child by accident?

that's why it's outrageous to suggest they did it...

There's a difference between traipsing 10ft behind your child 24/7, and leaving them on their own, with no adult, while you go out for a meal, that could last for hours. That's irresponsible, and potentially leathal.

i agree wholeheartedly. what they did was irresponsible and as we all now know, it did indeed prove to be a lethal mistake.

but that kind of irresponsibility is a calculated gamble that many parents take. i've never been to the hotel in question, but it isn't unreasonable to think that lots of parents would do what the mccanns did. if their kids were anything like ben, they fell asleep at 9pm and after a hectic day of playing about in the pool, not even a earthquake would have woke him up, therefore to have been checking up on them every half hour is completely within the realms of normality.

they will, however, have to live with having lost that gamble for the rest of their lives...

We can agree on some things then...!

I find it very hard to sympathise with them, when what I view as complete and dangerous stupidity has resulted in the loss of a life; their child, your child, my child or otherwise. But you're entitled to your opinion on them. I've suspected them from day one though, just the way they seemed so happy about it days after it happening... When I turned the TV on and they were actually smiling, it was like they were doing some kind of advert. Not as if they'd lost their daughter.

The stuff about blood being in the car 25 days after the disappearance is coming from several sources, so there's obviously something going on. I would have expected one of them to say "oh I remember, she cut herself on the seatbelt, and the blood dropped on the floor!! DUR!! I'm so forgetful!!"

the thing is, as far as i can gather, is that madeleine had never ever been in the car. the car was only hired by them 5 weeks after she disappeared!

everyone loves a scandal and this one seems to be ticking all the right boxes so far...

Oh right, I thought they'd rented the same one earlier.

I hope the thing is solved soon so that the Portuguese police can actually reveal the details of everything they have, the evidence and the theory etc. (seeing as they can't do that until the case is tied up, by law in Portugal).

With all of the coverage (I mean for fucks sake you couldn't turn the TV on without hearing "Madeleine McCann" this time last month, or the month before), she would have been found by now if she was alive. I'd hate to be one of the people paying vast amounts of money to support their campaign if it turns out she killed her all along.

I find it very hard to sympathise with them, when what I view as complete and dangerous stupidity has resulted in the loss of a life; their child, your child, my child or otherwise. But you're entitled to your opinion on them. I've suspected them from day one though, just the way they seemed so happy about it days after it happening... When I turned the TV on and they were actually smiling, it was like they were doing some kind of advert. Not as if they'd lost their daughter.

you only saw them on the tv though - maybe only a few seconds at a time. that's hardly a true reflection on how they are feeling inside. i'm sure they would have made an effort to put on brave and positve faces for the cameras.

behind closed doors, i'm fairly sure their facial expressions would have been a bit different.

There was a missing child six months ago on the local news, Granada Tonight, and her parents were on for something like seven days in a row appealing for anyone with information to come forward. Never once did they raise a smile. Not once, and neither would I.

Fuck putting on a brave face for the cameras, that's the least important thing on your mind when your child has gone missing.

With all of the coverage (I mean for fucks sake you couldn't turn the TV on without hearing "Madeleine McCann" this time last month, or the month before), she would have been found by now if she was alive. I'd hate to be one of the people paying vast amounts of money to support their campaign if it turns out she killed her all along.

again, jack - only someone who wasn't a parent would say that...

what was the alternative? a few more dead soldiers in iraq? the floods? terror attacks? tony blair's standing down?

at least this story had the potential for a happy ending - i think that's why it dragged on for so long. unfortunately, it now doesn't appear as if it will...

There was a missing child six months ago on the local news, Granada Tonight, and her parents were on for something like seven days in a row appealing for anyone with information to come forward. Never once did they raise a smile. Not once, and neither would I.

Fuck putting on a brave face for the cameras, that's the least important thing on your mind when your child has gone missing.

i must have missed the part where the mccanns were smiling on tv then, cos i don't ever recall seeing it...

again, jack - only someone who wasn't a parent would say that...

what was the alternative? a few more dead soldiers in iraq? the floods? terror attacks? tony blair's standing down?

at least this story had the potential for a happy ending - i think that's why it dragged on for so long. unfortunately, it now doesn't appear as if it will...
See the first post I made in this thread and click the link. The post in that link regarding the thousands upon thousands of other children that go missing is my response to the story dragging on for so long (and on not being a parent). I'm starting to get a bit tired of that; I'm not a professional golfer either, but I wouldn't hit somebody in the head with a golf club.

i must have missed the part where the mccanns were smiling on tv then, cos i don't ever recall seeing it...
You must have mate, because I was shocked when I saw it.

Last edited:
i only remember seeing footage of two people who looked distraught, but that must have been during the first week of her disappearance...

Yeah, I do. If it's coming from several sources that there's Madeleine's blood in a car they've rented after her death then it seems pretty open-and-shut to me. There's other possibilities but it's nearly always the most likely one.

I think they're involved in some way, or hiding something, at least. I've already explained why.

i dunno, man it seems a bit hard to believe that one of the mccanns could have sneaked out of their apartment, hired a car, bought a shovel/can of petrol, smuggled the corpse into it, drove off to find a nice secluded area to dump the body, then get it out of the car, dig a grave/set fire to the body, bury the body, then sneak back into the apartment without someone from the police or the worlds' media (who have been entrenched outside their apartment) seeing them.

i reckon the portuguese police planted the blood in the car to save face because they have bungled every part of the investigation thus far...

I would believe a police force over two parents who left their young children alone for hours personally.

I said they had something to do with it right from the fucking beginning. Who cares anyway. We've had to deal with this shit in the media for months.

This morning I read a quote saying they're going to stay in Portugal and fight to clear their name, and find their daughter. Just finished watching the football, the news comes on, and now apparently (and I quote) they're "desperate to get out of Portugal".

And apparently the police have confirmed that they've found Madeleine's blood in the car.

I'm saying nothing, I'm not a parent, I couldn't possibly comment...

Last edited:
From what I'm hearing they'd heavily sedated her to make her sleep while they went away, they came back to find her dead.

How does this explain the blood though?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom